HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          EXPERTS WERE WRONG!!!!!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
EXPERTS WERE WRONG!!!!!!!!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:12PM

IT'S WAS NOT LUCK AND RGIII. IT WAS TANNEHILL AND RUSSELL WILSON!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EXPERTS WERE WRONG!!!!!!!!
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:23PM

Russell Wilson has been pedestrian in the other games he's played this season. I've seen them all. He was very good today, but very average in the other five games.

Griffin's a good player but he's going to have a short career, because the best part of his game is his legs and he's already had his eggs scrambled once in six games.

Date: October 15, 2012 11:21AM

Not my memory RJAY. His first game, as I remember, was great. Russell Wilson that is. I didn't watch the other three games in the middle but I watched this one and man, did you see those long bombs that were just EXACTLY in the receiver's hand from 40 yards away????????

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 11:28AM

Thats why i don't believe in experts.

All experts do is go with the odds...Better team who has more injured key players etc. The word expert does not exist to me because nobody is perfect.

Only expert is god.

Date: October 18, 2012 05:28PM

Are last year's Dolphin receivers playing for Seattle tonight?

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:53PM

You obviously haven't been looking at what RG3 is doing.

RG3 is carrying his team while Tannehill is just a role player.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: October 18, 2012 09:31PM

I really started to dig Tanny right about the time of that Gruden QB camp thing he did for the draft. Gruden did a great job highlighting his skills and intelligence, as well as his athletic ability at wide reciever. I remembered our Track record of missing out on QB's and was really hoping they would finally take the plunge in the 1st round on him.

Then after his two day hold out I watched him in camp and he looked really good but he improved in leaps and bounds. Watching him live doing roll outs and passing on the run is something to see. he is really fast. Getting more accurate everyday.

By Next year he will be threading the needle if we can get him a decent running game and some down feild targets.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 19, 2012 04:09AM

The point that RG3 has been carrying his team and RT doesn't really take anything away from Tannehill, who has been the 2nd best rookie QB. I could also point out that RT has the same NFL record as RG.

While I believe RG has been a play maker. I wouldn't go so far as to say he has been carrying his team. His WR's still have to get open, catch the ball. His line still has to block.

RG3 started as a true freshman and accumulated 39 starts prior to the NFL draft.

RT had 19 as we know all too well. 20 less games than RG3 who only played 3 games his sophomore year.

That is the equivalent of RG3 entering the NFL as a sophomore or mid-way through his junior year and still playing well.

The main point DK refuses to acknowledge is how good RT is playing IN THE NFL after his 26th start since HS and the promise and improvement he shows week after week. By comparison RG3 just finished his 45th start since HS.

EVERYONE said the kid would NEED to sit and learn for at least one year, possibly 2.

It really isn't an apple to apple comparison anyway since defense have to play RG differently than a traditional QB, which he isn't.

For one, I would think most teams have to allocate a spy which takes a defender out of either the passing or running game. I'm sure RG opens things up for the offense just because he is more of a threat to run (which may be his demise).

As a passer RT has thrown for 1,454 yards. RG3 has thrown for 1,343 yards.

My point being...if you factor in the amount of college starts/experience, RT has been just as impressive as RG3. What RT has done is display the ability to learn, lead, compete and get better.

RG has been pretty consistent. RT has been increasing his efficiency every week for the past three weeks and the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" league as we usually hear.

RT's passer rating over the last 3 weeks is 96.9
RG3 passer rating over that time is 94.1

You also have to look at the level of competition. Was and Mia have two teams in common on their schedule so far to date.

The Rams and Bengals. Both teams have pretty good defenses.

RG had an 86.3 QB rating vs the Rams and lost the game.
RT had a 112 QB rating and WON.

RG had a 90.4 rating vs the Bengals and lost the game.
RT had a 92.3 rating and WON.

So is he RG REALLY that much better? NO

Is RT ahead of the curve considering the experience that RG3 has? YES

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 19, 2012 04:36AM

Any phin fan would be excited that the real deal is looking better with every game that passes by.

DK..........question..........

Who would you rather have?

Tannehill or sanchez?

Date: October 19, 2012 04:48AM

Don't even waste your time with him Sam. It is obvious to me know that he is not even a Miami fan. Frankly, he sounds more like a Pats Troll. he just comes here to start crap and bash anything Miami does.

.....................................................................................

Date: October 19, 2012 05:03AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't even waste your time with him Sam. It is
> obvious to me know that he is not even a Miami
> fan. Frankly, he sounds more like a Pats Troll. he
> just comes here to start crap and bash anything
> Miami does.

Exactly.

Date: October 19, 2012 10:07AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> You obviously haven't been looking at what RG3 is
> doing.
>
> RG3 is carrying his team while Tannehill is just a
> role player.

WRONG. Miami just has a better Team then people realized with an actual QB at the helm. RGIII is great. But he has a short future with his style of play, ask Mike Vick.

Date: October 19, 2012 10:14AM

ask Sean Witherspoon. He almost took RG's head off.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:36AM

RG3 , Luck and Tannehill, have all played well... If the draft were held again, I still think the order would be the same. RG3 has been impressive at times, so has Luck..The comeback Luck had against Green Bay was impressive... Us having Mike Sherman coaching Tannehill would be like Andrew Luck having Harbaugh coaching him in his same system from College. That gives Tannehill a big advantage at this point, knowing the system better then anyone... I wouldnt say the experts were wrong after 6 games either way...

Also Tannehill has taken just as many hits as RG3 so far this year and Tannehill has gotten rocked hard a few times just like RG3... Same with Luck....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 10:41AM by Crowder52.

Date: October 19, 2012 01:47PM

Oh, I disagree that Luck has played the best. No way! Didn't someone post some statistics on another thread ACTUALLY showing that his numbers ARE WORSE of the four and that includes Russell Wilson.

Date: October 19, 2012 03:02PM

I didnt say Luck has played the best to this point, just that they have all played well, and I said that the order would be the same.. By sure stats, RG3 has outclassed everybody by alot... While Luck has the lowest completion percentage, his passer rating is about the same or a little lower then RT, and he has a higher QBR then Tannehill. Luck has the largest learning curve to deal with in the colts system and the weakest team....which is why they picked #1.
Tannehill is the only one who has more interceptions then TD's and the least amount of TD's out of WIlson, Luck, RG3 and RT. They all have played well, and no experts were wrong after just 6 games... I think every team that has one of those QB's are happy with the player they have thus far...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 19, 2012 03:23PM

Date: October 19, 2012 03:51PM

Right, Chat. We all have a million different opinions on a million different things.

And each of us is wrong about a half a million times.

Yeah, A & O reminds me when I was wrong in the past.

but it ain't no big thing.

For DK to go to such great lengths because he took an opinion and he might be wrong, is just something I don't understand. It only took the first game for me to realize I WAS WRONG IN STATING 1) we should not have taken Tannehill at no. 8 and 2) if we did, we should let him sit for a year.

So I was wrong. Big Deal. You just go on to the next issue.

I guess DK doesn't see it that way. He just refuses to let go.

If he would only say "I like what I see so far but let's just wait until the season is over."

But the beSt he can do is "caretaker" and "role player."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 03:53PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 19, 2012 05:52PM

I for one as most of you really enjoy watching the games now. Regardless of the minor elementary mistakes made by some players and coaching, it really seems to be coming together for once. I thought this year would be a total loss and learning curve for the above mentioned but I for one am ecstatic I was diagnosed with head up ass on this one! Go fins

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 19, 2012 05:57PM

And I've been wrong so many times on her as well, and I'm always reminded of it.

The difference between all of us and DK is that we admit when we are wrong, but he won't admit when he is.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 19, 2012 08:15PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> And I've been wrong so many times on her as well,
> and I'm always reminded of it.
>
> The difference between all of us and DK is that we
> admit when we are wrong, but he won't admit when
> he is.

The difference between us an A&O is we don't go crying, running off, saying we won't ever post again when someone says something they don't like.

Boo Hoo. And as expected, you are back. Troll.

Date: October 19, 2012 08:18PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Right, Chat. We all have a million different
> opinions on a million different things.
>
> And each of us is wrong about a half a million
> times.
>
> Yeah, A & O reminds me when I was wrong in the
> past.
>
> but it ain't no big thing.
>
> For DK to go to such great lengths because he took
> an opinion and he might be wrong, is just
> something I don't understand. It only took the
> first game for me to realize I WAS WRONG IN
> STATING 1) we should not have taken Tannehill at
> no. 8 and 2) if we did, we should let him sit for
> a year.
>
> So I was wrong. Big Deal. You just go on to the
> next issue.
>
> I guess DK doesn't see it that way. He just
> refuses to let go.
>
> If he would only say "I like what I see so far but
> let's just wait until the season is over."
>
> But the beSt he can do is "caretaker" and "role
> player."

I'm looking at this realistically.

The kid has an arm, but really, what has he done? I don't see numbers. I don't see him stepping up when it matters.

Reggie Bush has been carrying this team, and if we had a veteran QB, we'd likely have two more wins.

You all can just keep drinking the cool-aid. Sooner or later, you will realize that Tannehill is a product of the team, not the other way around.

Date: October 19, 2012 10:11PM

I thought DK was getting better. Slowly but better. Maybe he was just on meds and now has stop taking them.

Date: October 19, 2012 11:35PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> RG3 , Luck and Tannehill, have all played well...
> If the draft were held again, I still think the
> order would be the same. RG3 has been impressive
> at times, so has Luck..The comeback Luck had
> against Green Bay was impressive... Us having Mike
> Sherman coaching Tannehill would be like Andrew
> Luck having Harbaugh coaching him in his same
> system from College. That gives Tannehill a big
> advantage at this point, knowing the system better
> then anyone... I wouldnt say the experts were
> wrong after 6 games either way...
>
> Also Tannehill has taken just as many hits as RG3
> so far this year and Tannehill has gotten rocked
> hard a few times just like RG3... Same with
> Luck....

No Fing way. Luck maybe. But the redskins gave away the farm for moving up and grabing RGIII. I believe knowing what they know now , they keep the draft picks and go Tanny.

Date: October 20, 2012 04:25AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:

>
>
> No Fing way. Luck maybe. But the redskins gave
> away the farm for moving up and grabing RGIII. I
> believe knowing what they know now , they keep the
> draft picks and go Tanny.

The redskins are thrilled with RG3, why wouldn't they be, the guy has a 70 percent completion percentage and passer rating over a 100...compared to tannehills 59 completion percentage and a 76 passer rating... The biggest problem the skins have is their huge salary cap penalties they have to deal with building around RG3

Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 06:03AM

RGIII is a great talent no doubt. But if you actually watch the games, he throws screens, slants, and PA deep balls the vast majority of the time. If he isn't doing that then he is running a myriad of option plays. He is killing teams by executing these plays very well but he is not being asked to do very much yet in terms of protection calls and route combos with multiple reads. It is basically two reads then run. The Skins get away with these simple play calls becuase of RGIII's running ability, throw on run ability, good execution, and not forcing throws. I expect growing pains (i.e. more INT and lower completion %) once the Skins feel comfortable opening up the playbook. However, if RGIII can expand his game then he will be a perennial MVP candidate. He is NOT another Mike Vick, his pocket presence is better, he has a better knowledge of passing concepts than Vick had at his age, his accuracy is vastly superior, and he just needs to learn when to slide or run out of bounds.

In the next five to seven years, I bet that Tanny, Luck, and RGIII become superstars, Wilson becomes a very good caretaker QB (ala Alex Smith) and Weedon is telling his grandchildren about the good ol' days.

Date: October 20, 2012 07:35AM

Dolphin1423- RG3 has a higher yards per pass avg then Tannehill.. You are right about a more simple system... Which I think was a smart move by Shanahan, basically running the same system Rg3 ran at Baylor... I wonder where he got that idea.......I think that approach of running their college systems have given both RG3 and Tannehill a leg up over the other rookies this year....

Nietzsche

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 20, 2012 08:48AM

DK wrote:
"Boo Hoo. And as expected, you are back. Troll."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Lol, I'm the troll? I've been here 7 years.

Just enjoy your last few days here, DK.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 03:48PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Dolphin1423- RG3 has a higher yards per pass avg
> then Tannehill.. You are right about a more simple
> system... Which I think was a smart move by
> Shanahan, basically running the same system Rg3
> ran at Baylor... I wonder where he got that
> idea.......I think that approach of running their
> college systems have given both RG3 and Tannehill
> a leg up over the other rookies this year....

I'd imagine that RGIII has a higher yards per pass avg because RGIII doesn't throw as many passes per game, completes more passes thus eliminating in-completions which greatly diminishes yppass, and has completed a fair amount of deep balls off PA due to his insane deep ball accuracy and the amount of respect opponents pay the Skins rushing game.

I completely agree that it was a smart move by Shanahan and it has, mostly, worked thus far. The skins offense has been good but has also stalled at times. Plus, the Skins haven't faced a really good D yet. I am certain that the Skins will need to expand their offense at some point to avoid stalling as defenses continue to gameplan and scheme against them. Also, the Skins will need to move away from running RGIII as much and exposing him to injury. Do you agree that the Skins will evolve their offense mixing in more WCO this season? Do you expect a drop off from RGIII at any point this year? I'd be interested to get your take on this since you seem to agree that RGIII is the real deal.

Date: October 21, 2012 09:22AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Dolphin1423- RG3 has a higher yards per pass avg
> then Tannehill.. You are right about a more simple
> system... Which I think was a smart move by
> Shanahan, basically running the same system Rg3
> ran at Baylor... I wonder where he got that
> idea.......I think that approach of running their
> college systems have given both RG3 and Tannehill
> a leg up over the other rookies this year....

When it comes to "systems" Tannehill is the ultimate in system QBs. He is running the EXACT SAME offense he ran in college, which certainly gives him a leg up on other rookies.

But looking at RG3, he obviously has more talent.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.