HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Compiling the positives so I don't shoot myself
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Compiling the positives so I don't shoot myself
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 30, 2012 03:01PM

Well, sighhhhhhh, another defeat rescued from the jaws of victory.

Another team we completely humiliated on the field that ends up walking away with a win. To keep from shooting myself I'm going to at least take solace in the positives that came with this game.

First of all, Tannehill looked absolutely great. He broke Dan Marino's franchise record for most passing yards by a Miami Dolphins rookie. And he did it with 34 attempts at the moment he got it. He looked poised all game, made some huge adjustments in blocking schemes, and had total command of the offense. Moreover, in terms of specific areas of improvement, one thing that RT started doing really well this game was move in the pocket. His pocket presence has improved by leaps and bounds in the last 4 games. He's handling the rush much better, standing in the pocket, avoiding the rush, stepping up and delivering. He still made some mistakes in that area, but he's gotten a whole lot better. I'm very impressed wih what I see from our young QB so far.

Our wide receivers played great and our defensive line continued to dominate and is now the #1 rushing defense in the league. That and Cameron Wake finally had his coming out party with 4.5 sacks in one game. While we're on the topic of coming out parties, Sean Smith finally put two and two together and actually caught some interceptions finally. And he saved us from Nenee's disaster. That was clutch.

The Bad:

Nenee should be shot and thrown in a river.
It gets harder and harder to watch our team absolutely DOMINATE the competition only to lose to an inferior team that we walk all over all afternoon. We literally dominated the Cardinals in just about every aspect of the game. If I never got to see the scoreboard when the clock hit triple 0 at the end of the game, I'd be running around the neighborhood with my shirt off celebrating a dominant Dolphins performance. So frustrating.

All in all, what I tell myself so I don't have a stroke is that this team isn't winning any Superbowl this year, so as much as it hurts to get another loss, and as much as it hurts to get another loss against a team that you manhandled, I can at least take solace in the fact that our team has been playing really well, that we've far exceeded the expectations that have been put on this team in terms of HOW we play and what we're capable of, and that our young rookie QB has continued developing impressively and with every start he gets under his belt he's imporving and looking closer and closer to the franchise Quarterback we all hope he will develop into.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Compiling the positives so I don't shoot myself
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 30, 2012 03:11PM

Yeah, but yet we keep Na Na. You go figure. We even start him and put him out on the field when, every once and awhile out of sheer desperation, RT is forced to throw to him.

But every time I attack that decision to get him and keep him and cut other receivers, I get it from Ireland's nephews on this board who defend him and I get it from DolfanKing who wants to correct me and remind us that everything is actually Tannehill's fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 03:16PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 30, 2012 04:23PM

Naanee is dog meat. He needs to be cut and replaced.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 30, 2012 04:59PM

Probably the last time you'll see him in a dolphins uniform.

Date: September 30, 2012 05:03PM

One positive, we get to see rt's potential AND move up the draft board.

Oh yeah, and the jets were embarrassed by the niners today.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: October 01, 2012 05:31AM

Think of the bright side, nanaunanuu is helping next years draft position! But seriously Tanny looks like a winner . I'm quite impressed with his rapid development. Another bright spot is Sean smith , what a play he made! Hartline also played quite inspired football. The o' Line is improving before our eyes too... Defense did really well until the end of the game.... But I really enjoy the fact that they are not missing tackles now and are starting to look much better as a whole. Despite the loss , Definitely feels like the team is improving wonderfully.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 01, 2012 05:36AM

quote: But seriously Tanny looks like a winner .

Exactly...And he only has 4 games played in the NFL....Imagine when has a couple of seasons in the bag and a few more weapons..

Almost 500 yards is Dan The Man Like.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 01, 2012 08:14AM

Tanneyhill is looking better each week.

Bess and Hartline are quality receivers.

I still want to see what Matthews can do, he looked good in preseason.

Time for Thomas to go.... he does nothing.

Date: October 01, 2012 08:48AM

dolphin, Thomas and Nee Nee Na Na, who can figure it?

Date: October 01, 2012 09:08AM

"Thomas is in no. 2 b/c he's a better blocker" Pwahahaahahaha. Thomas is a big for nothing waste of a roster slot. BUT he's another Ireland pick so get used to seeing him on the field.

Date: October 01, 2012 09:18AM

And here's the killer. Lamar is a younger carbon copy of Bush. No, Lamar does not break away for 30 yards on every play but neither does Bush.

But Bush was not his old self yesterday.

Can't help but think its the injury.

So why not "heavy load" Lamar and let him work himself up to the point that he is making those same dazzling moves as Reggie, why keep him on the bench and waste runs on that slug Danny Thomas who is only good, if at all, on goal line stands when we need brute power as opposed to speed and moves (and then we'd better pray Thomas does not fumble).

Date: October 01, 2012 04:20PM

Thomas got STOOD up on a short yardage run early yesterday (by one defender, iirc).

Then a few series later, he was straight BLOWN up by a safety and allowed a sack.

Not good in short yardage, not good on the goal line, not good between the tackles. Just not good.

When he's finally released by the Dolphins, he won't make another roster.

All that said...Tannehill's got a freaking CANNON!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 01, 2012 05:20PM

Our short-yardage RB should be Javorski Lane.

Date: October 01, 2012 05:32PM

He won't be released. Neither will Nee nee na na. Philbin kisses Fireland's behind and knows that these are two of Fireland's favorite players. All Philbin will do, at best, will be to reduce their playing time.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 01, 2012 05:48PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He won't be released. Neither will Nee nee na na.
> Philbin kisses Fireland's behind and knows that
> these are two of Fireland's favorite players. All
> Philbin will do, at best, will be to reduce their
> playing time.

He better reduce it to ZERO. I say promote Hogan from the practice squad. Maybe Nanana can mysteriously injure himself in practice and be put on IR?

Date: October 01, 2012 05:50PM

My dad was a Physics teacher. When I was a kid in the late 50's and early 60's, he used to explain to me how the Soviet Union came from being basically a backwards country during WWII to very quickly match the U.S. in not only nuclear weaponry but in the Space Race as well.

He said, "After WWII, We Americans grabbed all the old great NAMES German scientists like Werner Von Braun and others. However, the Russians grabbed all the young German scientists who knew everything the Von Brauns knew but also had years of productivity ahead of them."

Philbin is totally ignoring Lamar Miller who is a young Reggie Bush with years of productivity in front of him and is keeping him on the bench and keeps playing Daniel Thomas who basically is a "never was."

The final insult will be when he trades Lamar Miller to another team.

He's probably doing the same thing with Matthews and Nee Nee Na Na.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 01, 2012 08:39PM

montequi Wrote:
> Our short-yardage RB should be Javorski Lane.

This I agree with 100%

Date: October 02, 2012 09:55AM

ChyrenB Wrote:

> The final insult will be when he trades Lamar
> Miller to another team.
>

I won't be able to stop pulling for them but if that happens, I'll stop watching this team until Ireland is gone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.