HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          T-hill Does NOT give us the best chance to win
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
T-hill Does NOT give us the best chance to win
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 16, 2012 09:41AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T-hill Does NOT give us the best chance to win
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:02AM

I see/feel your frustration Rick. Yes, RT is learning the hard way by being thrown to the wolves, but it was Philbin's call to do it. I didn't expect things to look pretty when RT was named the starter, and it's probably a good thing that I can't watch the game here where I live. I'd probably have a broken TV by now. As much as we all would love to see him play like a superstar now, we need to give the kid some time to take his lumps and hopefully become a lot better.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:18AM

I disagree with you Rick and I'm going to argue against your position, ironically, by using the same argument I used last April AGAINST drafting Tannehill with no. 8.

At that time I said, "The quarterback position is not the only one on the team."

And when you talk about the quarterback NOT giving us the best chance to win, I say the same thing. The quarterback is not the ONLY position on the team and there is more to winning, OR LOSING FOR THAT MATTER, than the quarterback.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:19AM

well cam played out of his mind last year, RG3 was a beast in the first game and tannehill unlike ALL rookies ever basically is playing with the same offense as he did in college soooooo watch who!!! lol he can teach all the vets how to run the offense. His struggle is not because of lack of understanding...

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:42AM

Are u even watching this game??

No tipped passes, protecting the ball, and looking good while making improvements.

I'll take that all day everyday. Can only get better.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:53AM

Little premature.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 16, 2012 11:03AM

Knee Jerk!

Tannehill is going to be a badass QB and is playing well. Great throws.

makes all the difference in the world when the Wr actually catches the ball. Way to go Hartline!

This is a stupid thread.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: September 16, 2012 11:19AM

Some may say it's early,I can understand the fact. But what I see in RT is Joe Montana's touch and arm.

Date: September 16, 2012 11:24AM

His outs were indefensible. One of the hardest throws in the NFL to make. Kids got a gun.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: September 16, 2012 12:01PM

Yep, and a couple of those throws were while he was on the run. Very nice stuff. He definitely has chemistry with Hartline.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 16, 2012 12:03PM

The drive in the 3rd qtr after we got the lead was an outstanding drive for T-Hills confidence, he looked really good and it was mostly passes. Make no mistake though, there will be growing pains all season with Ryan. I'm waiting to see some of these other young guys step up and contibute.Lamar looked good, but what about Oliver Vernon, Marlon Moore, R. Mathews etc.?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 16, 2012 12:21PM

RT looks good to me. He makes some bad plays but in ways that are so different from Henne. RT always keeps his eyes down field, doesn't really "check down" in the sense of just getting rid of the ball right away to someone 2 feet away. I think RT has the goods.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 16, 2012 01:01PM

I'm not saying that the kid doesn't have talent-far from it, I think its clear that he does. My problem is that too many of his series right now are 3-and-out's, so that he doesn't take any pressure off the defense. If he makes just a few throws, the running game opens up. It seems to me to be a mistake for the coaches to use the run to set up the pass, they have had more success using the pass to set up the run-a tactic that is effective with most rookie QBs. When he hit even one pass, the defense backed off the LOS a little bit-enough to open up things up for Bush.
On another note, Ireland's draft picks are starting to contribute- Miller scored on an eerily Bush-like run (though he badly needs work on his blocking), and I started to hear Olivier Vernon's name. Javorski Lane looks good, too. A work in progress, but promising. I saw some good coaching today, too. Another rook.
P.S. The names "Tannehill" and "Henne" do not belong in the same sentence.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2012 01:06PM by dolphan4545.

Date: September 16, 2012 02:24PM

You can't score on every series. We scored 35 points.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 16, 2012 03:38PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 16, 2012 04:22PM

RT has gotten better each time he's been on the field...sure he makes mistakes, because he's supposed to, after all he's rookie.

Then again, so far he's a bit lacking in the help department...how would he look with a quality group of receivers and a dangerous TE to throw to? Hopefully, we'll get to find out next season.

There are simply too many items on the things to like about the kid list...he's got the right stuff, been saying it since way before the draft.

I was then, and still am, very pleased we took him...great choice by the brain trust.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 16, 2012 05:18PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems clear by now that T-hill does NOT give us
> the best chance to win. His inexperience is
> killing us. He holds the ball too long and his
> timing is terrible. The 3-and-outs are forcing the
> defense to play far too many downs so that their
> effectiveness goes down when we need them to be at
> their best. Unfortunately, so many people pushed
> to get him into a prematurely early starting role
> that to bench him now could very well ruin him. So
> I guess we're stuck with him now. All you
> "start-Tannehill-now" people may very well have
> scuttled this season before it began. He should
> have watched the first part of the season from the
> bench.
> "Edit"
> Its clear-at the end of the first half, the
> Raiders stopped playing the pass and played the
> run exclusively. At the beginning of the third,
> T-hill's completion to Hartline opened up the run
> game enough to allow Bush his TD.

Did I miss the vote, where we as fans got to pick the starter? Fortunately, I agreed with the vote that has Tannehill starting. I wonder who Philbin voted for.

Date: September 16, 2012 05:36PM

This thread was started at the beginning of the game when things started off rocky. I responded to it then that the QB is not the only player on the team despite the contemporary thought in the football world.

Then what happened was other elements of our team showed up. Reggie Bush showed up and provided a running threat. Hartline came off of injury and provided someone to catch the ball. Jonathan Martin got better and there was more penetration from Jake Long's man than Martin's. The defensive line provided its usual good performance. Even the secondary showed up.

A team effort. And when that happens we will win and when we rely on one person to carry us we will lose.

Date: September 16, 2012 08:47PM

He is Much better in the shotgun, and throwing on the run. I saw him live for the first time and he seems to thrive in the no huddle and rolling out and throwing . When he's in the Pocket he just does not look comfortable and you can see his inexperience. Ryan is an athlete. They need to use him correctly. Kid has some wheels. let him run. This is why I dig Philbin. Sprano tried to mold Henne to what he wanted. Philbin looks open to Molding the Team around Tanny.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:12PM

Morre, Delvin, T-hill - I'm sure any one of them can hand the ball off the Bush just fine.

Might as well give the kid some experience. He is supposedly "the future".

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: September 17, 2012 04:31AM

Oh brother...

Except Moore would have been picked on a few of those outs because he doesn't have the arm or the accuracy to complete them.

Not to mention chemistry with Hartline. So much for dink and dunk offense. Lots of long balls yesterday. Nice to be able to get the ball to a guy that averages 15-16 ypc instead of 10 (Bess).

Everytime I see RT I notice the "it" factor. Something I never saw in any QB we've had since Marino (except maybe Pennington for one year). He may make mistakes but last week was overblown. The tipped passes were an anomaly.

Granted RT was helped tremendously by the running game but so what...

All that does is make it easier for him to progress as a QB. 19 college starts and he has looked better than 4 year starters.

We may still have our struggles this year but one thing I am confident of is that we have a keeper in Tannehill.

Scorecard...

RGIII 1-1, Weeden 0-2, Luck 1-1, RT, 1-1.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 04:34AM

I think dolfan4545 made this thread when he hadnt seen the second half..

I did not see the first half of the game so i cant critizise this thread.

But the second half was pretty encouraging for tannehill..

Plus he showed some toughness in the pocket when he got beat up from the blindside when jake long missed the block.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 17, 2012 05:03AM

Stupid argument. Wtf guy?........we win and the doom and gloom from a who??? A fan that is obviously biased. This kid throws on the run across his body with accuracy, poise and strength and has enough sense to release the ball as he is being slammed to the ground to make yards and you still say he is NOT ready to lead this team? Do yourself a favor and stop watching because no matter what Ryan T does or does not do, will disappoint your qualified opinions

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 17, 2012 05:27AM

Silly thread. Even if it hadn't turned out so well with the team showing up ... the strategy is rightly to let the kid get some experience.

He did so and won, and he's cementing the team chemistry in the process.

Good move for all concerned, success breeds success, and it is better to have the future QB leading it.

You have to take this risk to move the team in the right direction and you gotta love to see the team rallying behind him!

Thumbs up to Reggie Bush, Hartline, RT. Its really nice to see some dolphins in the weekly rankings of best performers for a change!

Date: September 17, 2012 05:54AM

Reggie Bush is ranked number 2 for RB's with a 6.0 ypc average and 241 yards. CJ Spiller is first.

Miami is also ranked 2nd with 171 ypg rushing.

Date: September 17, 2012 08:03AM

If anyone thinks that Ryan Tannehill won this game, you didn't watch it.

RT had a good 4th quarter, but by then the Raiders had given up. After that Dolphins went up 21-10, the Raiders were mailing in the rest of the game.

RT's major contributions to the game:
1. No turnovers.
2. He handed the ball off to Reggie Bush real well.

That is about it. There was some personal improvement in RT's game, and that was encouraging from the young QB, but ANY QB could have one this game. This was all about Reggie Bush.

Date: September 17, 2012 08:18AM

This proves one thing. That unless you are posting on the Miami-? game day thread, you should never start a thread that calls for permanent changes to the team. Either the game day thread or start a thread after the game is over.

Also, I think that you people are being a bit harsh with him knowing that he posted the thread only after a couple of series of downs.

Date: September 17, 2012 08:20AM

Give it up, DolfanKing. The kid made some great throws. My only problem with him is that I would make him a little better at sensing when the sack is about to arrive and better escape the sack pressure.

Date: September 17, 2012 08:40AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give it up, DolfanKing. The kid made some great
> throws. My only problem with him is that I would
> make him a little better at sensing when the sack
> is about to arrive and better escape the sack
> pressure.

Give what up?

Did you not see that I thought he improved? Heck, I wrote in another thread that I thought he made a good pass to Hartline in the fourth quarter.

Honestly, do you really think any other QB would have lost that game? All we had to do to win was give Reggie the damn ball.

Date: September 17, 2012 08:53AM

There were critical third down passes. It wasn't just Reggie. It was Reggie, Ryan and Brian.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.