HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          T-hill Does NOT give us the best chance to win
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: T-hill Does NOT give us the best chance to win
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 17, 2012 08:59AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If anyone thinks that Ryan Tannehill won this
> game, you didn't watch it.

I didn't see anyone say that. Reggie Bush didn't win this game either. Winning is always a team effort. That said, RT did his part. 1 TD rushing and 1 passing...same TD total as Bush.

> RT had a good 4th quarter, but by then the Raiders
> had given up. After that Dolphins went up 21-10,
> the Raiders were mailing in the rest of the game.

He scored a TD on the opening possession after eating the clock for 9 minutes. Did the Raiders quit on that drive too? He was also sacked and hurried on those series proceeding that stalled and there were some dropped passes as well. He did have some off target throws too. He didn't panic and stayed in the game and came back firing.

> RT's major contributions to the game:
> 1. No turnovers.

You say that like it doesn't mean much. Very important stat being minimized here.

> 2. He handed the ball off to Reggie Bush real
> well.

Oakland had one player spying RT the whole game. Ever stop to think that may free Bush up a bit?

>
> That is about it. There was some personal
> improvement in RT's game, and that was encouraging
> from the young QB, but ANY QB could have one this
> game. This was all about Reggie Bush.

Any QB? Really? John Beck? Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker? Maybe you should go look at some footage of the 17 QB's that ranked lower than RT this week. Locker and Gabbert didn't fare too well.

RT had a better passer rating than Sanchez, Flacco, Cutler, Rodgers, Brees, Romo, Stafford, RG III...just to name a few.

You just can't give the kid credit because it would mean you are wrong about him.

RT didn't set the league on fire but he had a good game and contributed to the win as much as anyone.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 17, 2012 09:30AM

Date: September 17, 2012 09:45AM

I think you got it backwards.

What you said was RT played better but ANY QB could have won that game. That doesn't sound like any credit to me at all.

More like almost complimenting him with a sideways insult.

"Hey...RT was ok but Pat White could have won that game"

Get over YOURSELF and the fact that you just don't want RT to succeed because it will prove you even more wrong about Tannethrill. I know it's hard to eat crow so just wash it down with a cold one.

.....................................................................................

Date: September 17, 2012 10:16AM

eesti Wrote:
>
> Get over YOURSELF and the fact that you just don't
> want RT to succeed because it will prove you even
> more wrong about Tannethrill. I know it's hard to
> eat crow so just wash it down with a cold one.

Prove me wrong about what?

So far, the only thing I've been wrong about was T-Hill starting the season. Too bad I couldn't have predicted Garrard's injury. But do I care? No.

I'll be happy if RT does succeed. But I'm not about to say he has succeed simply because he was involved in a winning game. I mean, Cleo Lemon also won a game for us.

Right now, RT looks like a "game manager". He isn't going to win games, and, as long as he doen't throw the ball into the lineman, he probably won't lose games. But I'm not going to lie or be pollyanic about the guy like some - he is playing very very average football. Just like Henne....

You've self appointed yourself the Ryan Tannehill police and have proceed to start flame wars with anyone who doesn't agree that he is the next Dan Marino.

Really, you need to get over yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 10:58AM

dolfanking wrote: Right now, RT looks like a "game manager". He isn't going to win games,

To answer that the raiders scored 13 points.

RT scored a run TD and a pass TD....Plus the 2 point conversions makes it 14 point. Enough to win the game all by himself.

Every other point we scored in that game was just bread and butter to the win.

Date: September 17, 2012 11:11AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 11:13AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> There were critical third down passes. It wasn't
> just Reggie. It was Reggie, Ryan and Brian.

Right.........to keep drives alive and manage the game clock....

Date: September 17, 2012 11:53AM

eesti Wrote:
>
> I'm talking about one game. One game where the
> same people who have been bashing him since the
> draft...cannot give him any credit
> whatsoever....without a back handed slight.

You are just imagining it is a backhand slight to fit your narritive that I've been "bashing" him.

Once again - the closest I've come to bashing the guy was saying he was a reach pick, and that comment was directed at Ireland. Not to mention the fact that the majority of credible draft pundits agree with me....

Any comment I make which is even the slightest bit off from the idea that Ryan Tannehill is the next Dan Marino, you jump all over my post and call it back handed slight.

Too bad you always choose to go this direction. You may actually have a worthwhile football discussion in you, but instead you just want to bash anyone that doesn't think EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:06PM

Not imagining...

Saying ANYONE could have won that game is a slight no matter what kind of a frame you put it in.

Again with the Dan Marino stuff? Can you even make an argument without the exaggerations?

Call it bashing if you want but when I see BS I call it. Saying RT didn't contribute heavily to this win is just blind sighted and biased. Go back and look at the play by play or better yet...my last thread to Crowder. Facts are facts.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:10PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> dolfanking wrote: Right now, RT looks like a "game
> manager". He isn't going to win games,
>
>
> To answer that the raiders scored 13 points.
>
> RT scored a run TD and a pass TD....Plus the 2
> point conversions makes it 14 point. Enough to win
> the game all by himself.
>
> Every other point we scored in that game was just
> bread and butter to the win.

The 2 yard running TD was scored when the score was 0-0. That was a well designed play, likely to avoid having RT throw the ball in close quarters. Jay Fiedler made that kind of play all of the time.

The TD pass was thrown late in the game, after the Raiders had clearly giving up. There was something like 15 yards of YAC on that play from Fasano, including a missed tackle and then outrunning 5 Raider DBs. This was not a stellar play by Fasano or T-Hill, and against a motivated defense this would have only been stopped for a moderate gain. Basically, that play had more to do with the Raiders thinking about getting out of the heat and on the flight home, than it did to any skill of Tannehills. Henne would have made that pass (and often did). Heck, Pat White would have completed that.

The pass where T-hill showed potential was the earlier deep out to Hartline. That was a pass I haven't seen from a Dolphin QB since #13, That is what make me think in another year or two of polish, Tannehill may be a force.

But as of now, T-Hill is a game manager, little more.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:20PM

eesti Wrote:
>
> Again with the Dan Marino stuff? Can you even make
> an argument without the exaggerations?
>

Hardly an exaggeration.

You will follow me and start flame wars on any post where I don't act like T-Hill is Dan Marino. Do you use the words "Dan Marino"? No. But you don't have to.. it is clearly implied.

This is what you do. I'm not following around every post you make, you follow me....

And if your only excuse is to say that you never wrote "Dan Marino", then you are being at best completely lack self awareness, and at worst completely disingenuous.

BTW - I've said that T-Hill managed the game well and is making improvements. I also praised a great throw he made in the 4th qtr. Somehow this gets ignored by you. Obviously you are only here for conflict.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:32PM

BECAUSE when you say RT made improvements and managed the game then follow it up with "ANYBODY would have won that game". It negates the compliment. It says RT didn't do ANYTHING special. For the 3rd time. What part of that don't you get?

Talk about getting over yourself...I don't follow anyone. I read every thread pretty much and respond when I see BS. You just happen to be in the top end of BS statements.

Follow your every post? hahah. I just comment on them because they are ALWAYS negative and/or bashing Dolphins and I ALWAYS disagree.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:38PM

eesti Wrote:
> It says RT didn't do ANYTHING special.

This is exactly what I mean, you want to start a fight if I don't say that RT did something "special". You really need to hear that RT is "Special" don't you. If not, you fight...

RT isn't special yet. He didn't do anything special this week. Reggie Bush did a few "special" things, but RT had a steady outing.

Sorry I'm not calling RT special yet. I agree he has potential, but I think he hasn't proven anything.

For some reason you think this is bashing.

I think you've got a few wires crossed....

Date: September 17, 2012 12:41PM

I didnt say RT was special either. I said he contributed heavily to the win.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:45PM

eesti Wrote:
> I didnt say RT was special either. I said he
> contributed heavily to the win.

No, you were just offended and are flaming me because - in your own words - I didn't say he was "special".

If by "contributed heavily" you mean that he took the snap and handed the ball off without fumbling, then I agree.

The bootleg was a nice, well designed play, but most QBs - certainly any we've had since Dan - could have executed that. There was on drive where he passed a lot, but that was in QTR 4 and had no bearing on the game.

Bottom line: Take T-Hill out of that game and we still win. Take Reggie Bush out of that game, and we don't win.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 17, 2012 12:58PM

get a room, you two.
grinning smiley

Date: September 17, 2012 12:58PM

Don't take my word for it.

Kurt Warner just said on NFLN...

Tannehill has been the 2nd best QB from this years draft. Take away a couple fluke tipped passes and he has been comfortable and as efficient as anyone. He is going to be a special player.

But he probably doesn't know shite either.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.