HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Are we the worst team in the league?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are we the worst team in the league?
Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:54AM

To answer the OP question... May not be yet, but are definitely rocketing towards that elite status of 1st worst overall

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 10:16AM

That's what these guys get paid for. If they don't do it, DON'T PAY THEM.

Rick

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:19AM

Are we the worst team in the league? Ireland has his doubts, so he is doing anything and everything he can to make sure we're licking the bottom of the barrel.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:21AM

LOL.

ssshhhhh, THE Truth might hear you.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 27, 2012 06:10AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > DolfanKing Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Blaming the WR amazes me. Last year people
> > were
> > > blaming the QB when we had nearly the same
> > > Receiving corp dropping the same passes.
> >
> > What's so amazing about it? If they drop a
> pass
> > that hits them in the hands, is that someone
> > else's fault?
> >
> > I did not blame the QB last year.
>
> OK, you didn't. Does that mean no one did?
>

You mentioned it right after my post, so I mistakenly thought you were directing it at me.

> All you have to do is listen to any sports call in
> show in South Florida, and you'd hear people
> blaming Henne for the drops. I'm sure many of
> those same people will now blame the WRs.

Sports show in South Florida? Oh no thanks. Not now that Mandich is gone. Jackie Mason Jr. (Sid Rosenberg) only has the benefit of inducing vomit with his voice, so if I were a bulimic who'd just run out of ipecac, then I might tune in to him.

The other guys aren't much better. Jesse Agler's show is okay for podcasting but it's not a truly objective show.

If everyone on sports radio in S. Fl last year was blaming Henne for the drops, then it only reinforces how idiotic those shows really are. I know you said it was the callers doing that, but any host worth his salt should have dismissed that as nonsense right away.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:14AM

Hey dolfanking............

You say its wrong to blame the WRs....

Tannehill would have 2 more passing TDs if it wasnt for 2 perfect pass drops in the endzone...Plus a whole bunch more drops...

If you do not blame the wrs who are you going to blame......?

Oh i KNow its Ryan Tannehills fault that the wrs are dropping all the passes....

Your constant hate for tannehill doesnt make any sense....

You want to make your point that tannehill isnt any good that you go on saying this nonesense that the wrs are not to blame.

Give me a break man.

Date: August 27, 2012 08:48AM

Hey. I hadn't gotten into this before but, again as Henne's Chief Defender on THIS BOARD, I'm not from Miami so I don't know what fans or sportcasters were saying BUT ON THIS BOARD, MANY PEOPLE (I don't remember JC being one of them) but MANY PEOPLE blamed Henne for incompletions that bounced off the hands of Ginn and many other receivers. Just go look at my thread "WR has LONG been a problem with our team" and go back into all of those threads and you will see.

It's the "Quarterback-is-the-only-player-on-the-football-team" people. They believe that if a team wins a game, the quarterback won it but if a team loses a game, the quarterback lost it.

They lack more than a rudimentary level of knowledge of football. They immaturely think if you have a good quarterback, you have a good team and if you don't, you don't have a good team.

They were not around when we went to the SuperBowl and came within ONE JOE THEISMAN BAT-DOWN OF A SURE INTERCEPTION IN THE ENDZONE BY KIM BOKAMPER of winning the SuperBowl with David Woodley playing quarterback.

So yeah, Dolfanking was right. There were MANY PEOPLE on this board blaming Chad Henne for the failure of our receivers to catch balls THAT HIT THEM RIGHT IN THE HANDS.....NOT BALLS THAT WERE 2 INCHES AWAY, DAMMIT BUT BALLS THAT HIT THEM RIGHT IN THE HANDS....BOTH HANDS IN MOST CASES!!!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:54AM

chren i supported henne and then i was on his case...

Just part of been a fan...

What did it for me about henne was that he did not had one single comeback victory for the phins. Not one. And god knows he had many chances.

And it always felt like he was just sitting in the pocket just waiting to be sacked. He was immobile.

He did had a good game against the jets where we won and i appresiate that from him. But thats about it.

Thats why henne is nothing but a backup where he is right now.

Or else he would be starting for a great team

Date: August 27, 2012 08:21PM

True, SamSam. Everything you say is true. But, do you also figure how much the insertion of the "wildcat" disrupted his rhythmn? How many other QBs were taken out on 1st and 2nd downs and then reinserted on 3rd and 10 and told to pass his way out of that situation?

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 28, 2012 12:17AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey dolfanking............
>
>
> You say its wrong to blame the WRs....
>

I never said it was "wrong". I just said I'm "amazed". I'm amazed because last year it was the QBs fault.

Maybe you should read a little more carefully.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 28, 2012 04:31AM

Bottom line is you need someone to throw and somone to catch - Duh

We traded and got a QB, but traded away Marshall. So were still screwed until we get someone who can catch the ball.

With all the talk about how the WCO was going to render the guys we have as okay ... you still have to catch the ball, and hopefully get a little separation to make for an easier and less risky pass play.

- Neither are happening except for Bess
- All the talk about Legedu Naanee turns out to be meaningless, his drops were unexcusable. RT deserves better.

FINS need to go after some free agent WRs, so as to properly develop RT this season. Else we make a promising QB impotent, and risk souring his confidence by giving him no weapons to work with.

I do have some hope, that our passing game is going to be a lot better when we reveal more use of our RBs and HB / TEs in the real season.

BTW - WAKE UP FASANO - You suck!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.