HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fire Ireland
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fire Ireland
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 24, 2012 03:40PM

Yep, I am going there already.

I was excited for Tannehill for about two minutes, but even if the kid is half of what we all expect him to be, he will be doomed due the the complete and total lack of talent around him.

Seriously...who is a threat? Bess? No, I like the kid but he's not scary. Naanee? I'm not asking whether he's a threat, that's more of a "who??" thing going on there. Hartline? No, a number 2 at best.

Now lets talk about the swiss cheese. I mean the oline. Might as well head on down to the morgue and pile some dead bodies on the line of scrimmage for each play. I also hear there is a sale one those yellow "wet floor" signs. Could be a huge upgrade!

Now, I was going to comment on the defense, but that would be like commenting on Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny...things that just don't even exist so I won't go there.

I usually shy away from the doom and gloom thing, especially considering how we're not even to the regular season yet, but let's be serious. We are fielding a sh!t team this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2012 03:41PM by TheFutt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fire Ireland
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 24, 2012 03:53PM

LOL. What the Futt?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 05:36PM

We can pick up two WRs off waivers following cut down day and they both would start on this team. True story.
GARBAGE, I says.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 24, 2012 06:24PM

Troll talk, I tell you.

Seriously, this team is not good.

The decision to start a rookie... I thought it would matter. It won't. Won't make the team but, but couldn't make it worse. The only think it may due is just kill the kid's confidence. If his head is in the right place, this shouldn't be a problem. But he has to know, as long as Ireland runs this team, we will never ever have a real top talent WR.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 06:55PM

I saw somewhere someone stated Ted Ginn would be our #1 WR!

Date: August 24, 2012 06:58PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw somewhere someone stated Ted Ginn would be
> our #1 WR!

He may end up being our #1 WR. I've read in a few places that he could be the odd man out in SF.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 01:59AM

Chad Johnson is available just sayid

Date: August 25, 2012 08:38AM

Expect INCOMING when THE Truth reads the title of this post.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:00AM

Jeff Ireland is a f-cking moron. Fire him.

Date: August 26, 2012 11:08AM

how this guy Ireland can possibly get a pass for any of this is beyond me. usually when you have a regime clean house it's trading away players picked by the last regiem who don't fit or underperformed for whatever reason. We now have Ireland making high picks (vontae) and trading them away (Marshall) and then a few years later getting 50 cent on the dollar for them. And he still has a job, and is trusted to make the picks acquired in return, why, exactly?

I don't want to hear ONE person defending Jeff Ireland. Even if you say Davis sucked (and he did not) and Ireland got a good pick for him, it was still LESS than he spent on him just a few years ago (passing on H Nicks in the process) so any way you slice it this is yet another Ireland F up.

And I am bit concerned that Philbin is unable to (or thinks he is) get the most out of these talented "problem" players and we just dump them--isn't developing/motivating players what he's supposed to do??

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 08:30PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> usually when you have a regime clean house it's trading away players
> picked by the last regiem who don't fit or underperformed for whatever > reason.

This is exactly what's happening, except that Ireland is getting rid of his own players who don't fit into the new philosophy. BTW, I hated Parcells, and wanted Ireland gone along with Sparano. That said, this is one of Ireland's better moves. Marshall was a headcase who could not be relied upon to catch TDs which IMO constitutes underperforming, especially with his high salary. Chad Ocho is a big-mouthed juvenile delinquent who craves attention and never grew up, and had the stupid idea to marry a woman as bad as he is. Davis has issues; he's immature and unprofessional... he should be taking his JOB seriously, but he doesn't. Why would anyone want these malcontents on their team?

I'm waiting to see if Ireland has a plan to replace them. He failed to get a top receiver in the draft or free agency, so we'll see what happens. This season will be a wash anyway, so we might as well see if Ireland can wash off the stench of Parcells and redeem himself.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 27, 2012 12:40AM

I agree, Davis was getting out played by multiple people...one of them was a saftey for christ sakes! Any time a saftey is covering recevers better man to man than a highly rated first round pick corner back...something is wrong with that cornerback.

He didn't respond to coaching and elevate his game when they demoted him (should have been a wake up call) so he's gone.

I don't like getting rid of talented guys any more than any of you do. But, if you are not doing your job (and Davis wasn't) then you have to go.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 27, 2012 03:10AM

Sounds like Ireland is fixing his former *&*& up. We got 3 mediocre years out of a guy that didn't want to work and got back a little less than we gave for him.

Going into his 4th year and he still doesn't get it? Time to cut your losses. Good Move!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:42AM

Davis has been the best CB on our team since we drafted him... We keep Sean Smith, over Davis? WTF... If anyone has underperformed in his time here it is Smith... Davis always played well, it concerns me that Philbin was unable or unwilling to deal with these players... Buying high and selling low, is not a good business model, but seems to be what Ireland is all about, shmuck...Ireland needs to go...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:49AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Davis has been the best CB on our team since we
> drafted him... We keep Sean Smith, over Davis?
> WTF... If anyone has underperformed in his time
> here it is Smith... Davis always played well,

You must have a very short memory. Here are the facts:

1. Smith started at CB BEFORE Vontae
2. Vontae was injured at the beginning of last season because he entered the year out of shape.
3. Vontae played TERRIBLE last season until late in the year.
4. Vontae is a loudmouth who claimed to be the best CB in the league (ala Cromartie).
5. Vontae entered THIS TC out-of-shape and has played terrible so far. In fact, he's been outplayed by numerous other guys on the team (including a safety). That includes Smith!

We complained about Brandon Marshall, but Vontae has gotten a bye for quite a while. I'm happy we traded him now while his value is still high. If we waited until next year, we probably couldn't get any better than a 3rd rounder.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:53AM

Well everyone says we are rebuilding and we are not going to win much this year...

So why not build a winning culture by getting rid of the unprofessional adolescents?

From some of the quotes I've read from "a vet" about the VD move we probably aren't done cleaning house yet. Dansby may be next if he is the one that can't keep his foot out of his mouth. He is also a prime example of the problem.

If you are so convinced we aren't going to win this year then why worry about trading an underachieving CB who wasn't even going to start?

Maybe the Steelers would like to have an inside LB'er. They definitely need one. Dansby for Wallace.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:05AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Expect INCOMING when THE Truth reads the title of
> this post.

LOL.........

Date: August 27, 2012 07:08AM

Maybe we are getting rid of the bad character guys....Marshall, vontae davis.........etc..........................

This team wasn't moving forward with them anyways....

Build for the future and stock pile draft picks...........

I dont agree with the vontae move but i do agree that we are going to need a bunch of draft picks to turn this around.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:18AM

Good post Gofins60!
> This is exactly what's happening, except that Ireland is getting rid of his own players who don't fit into the new philosophy. BTW, I hated Parcells, and wanted Ireland gone along with Sparano. That said, this is one of Ireland's better moves. Marshall was a headcase who could not be relied upon to catch TDs which IMO constitutes underperforming, especially with his high salary. Chad Ocho is a big-mouthed juvenile delinquent who craves attention and never grew up, and had the stupid idea to marry a woman as bad as he is. Davis has issues; he's immature and unprofessional... he should be taking his JOB seriously, but he doesn't. Why would anyone want these malcontents on their team?

> I'm waiting to see if Ireland has a plan to replace them. He failed to get a top receiver in the draft or free agency, so we'll see what happens. This season will be a wash anyway, so we might as well see if Ireland can wash off the stench of Parcells and redeem himself.

BS on fire Ireland - This was an excellent move to trade Vonte. Give him time to see if he replaces them or not.

May or may not be able to reload on every need year 1.

Yes I hate the WRs corp and I think Ireland goofed on not taking Braylon Edwards. people spoke too soon re: not taking Flynn while the wheels were still in motion for Tannehill.

So to its too early on the WRs. House cleaning was needed with Vonte and Marshall, maybe Danzbe next.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:22AM

Vontae is a vintage jackass with outstanding athletic chops and the mind of a grapefruit. Take away his athletic chops and the kid would have a hard time finding a minimum wage job. Let’s be real…

Maybe someday in 40’s he’ll mature a bit, but anyone who saw his “act” on hard knocks had to be embarrassed by his juvenile attitude. Couple that with all the other reports we know about him, plus the ones we’re not privy to, and it doesn’t take a football da Vinci to realize the kid is serious baggage and in need of a baby sitter 24/7.

We want REAL MEN who act like Pros on and off the field. No more jackasses. No more head cases. Just real Pro footballers dedicated to the game, as opposed to “games.”

BNF.

Date: August 27, 2012 07:35AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:

>
> We want REAL MEN who act like Pros on and off the
> field. No more jackasses. No more head cases. Just
> real Pro footballers dedicated to the game, as
> opposed to “games.”
>
> BNF.

Exactly right. agreed.

Another thing i would had supported vontae while he was here but now that he is the enemy he can go sit on top of a volcano in mexico and i wouldnt give a $h!T about it.

So long.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:40AM

This is actually a move from a GM that seems pretty comfortable that he will be around in 2013. If Ireland was worried about job security, he'd be trying to hang on to anyone who could help the team win in 2012.

Date: August 27, 2012 07:44AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> This is actually a move from a GM that seems
> pretty comfortable that he will be around in 2013.
> If Ireland was worried about job security, he'd be
> trying to hang on to anyone who could help the
> team win in 2012.

Yup good point mark i was thinking the same thing.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:51AM

FYI, a number of dudes on the Jets site think we ripped the Colts off... They seem to be more aware of VD's ussues than the "fans" around here. Go figure...

Date: August 27, 2012 08:19AM

Some people will crate any excuse to remain blind to the fact that as long as Ireland and Ross are in charge of this team it will be mediocre.

In terms of tackles per game played, ints, and passes defended, Vonte has been the best CB on this team by far. Was he playing like a first round pick? No. But that is because Ireland ALWAYS picks second round talent in the first round.

But Vonte was the best we had, and a first rounder. We now trade him for a second rounder? I fully expect Ireland to draft a player that would have been projected as a high third rounder to replace him.

Its time for people to wake up and realize that the FO sucks. Maybe people will begin seeing it when, in a few years, Ryan Tannehill still isn't even sniffing the playoffs.

Date: August 27, 2012 08:25AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> Some people will crate any excuse to remain blind
> to the fact that as long as Ireland and Ross are
> in charge of this team it will be mediocre.
>
> In terms of tackles per game played, ints, and
> passes defended, Vonte has been the best CB on
> this team by far. Was he playing like a first
> round pick? No. But that is because Ireland
> ALWAYS picks second round talent in the first
> round.
>
> But Vonte was the best we had, and a first
> rounder. We now trade him for a second rounder?
> I fully expect Ireland to draft a player that
> would have been projected as a high third rounder
> to replace him.
>
> Its time for people to wake up and realize that
> the FO sucks. Maybe people will begin seeing it
> when, in a few years, Ryan Tannehill still isn't
> even sniffing the playoffs.

Davis also led the team in practices showed up to while still drunk.

Date: August 27, 2012 08:28AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
>
>
> Davis also led the team in practices showed up to
> while still drunk.

Showing up to work drunk? That is quite an accusation.

yes but Davis had known character problems when IRELAND drafted him in the 1st

Date: August 27, 2012 08:31AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > Davis also led the team in practices showed up
> to
> > while still drunk.
>
> Showing up to work drunk? That is quite an
> accusation.

You don't remember this? Marshall throwing a football in his face because he reeked of alcohol? And the team suspending him?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.