HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill to start Tonight
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tannehill to start Tonight
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 04:27AM

Crowder wrote: lol. Moore didn't do anything to separate himself... How about this was Tannehills shot at starting and he didn't impress or do anything to secure the job...

Between both tannehill and moore who had the only impressive drive of the night?

Moore did even worse than tannehill last night.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 04:30AM

Tannehill had his big moment and he fell flat, the week before Moore looked much better against the first team then Tannehill did last night... Go look back at the post tonight is his night a new era has begun,etc.... Lol what era is that. The era of we still suck...lol. Tannehill look out of place and the game was to much for him, he couldn't even maintain his passing lanes

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 18, 2012 08:54AM

I know its a quick read offense and I know a rookie has to expect blitzes but guys? YOU HAVE TO BE REASONABLE. Charles Johnson had a Hall of Fame making game in the first half alone.

No one even glanced at him as he rushed in.

Look at how much more time Moore and Devlin had working with the second string although admittedly playing against inferior competition.

Yet even so, I would definitely say that Tannehill STILL looked GOOD to me.

Although he did not do the impossible, he did the best that could be expected under the circumstances.

And they were bad circumstances.

Damn, I beginning to love this kid.

And he had drops.

Re: Dolphins to start Tannehill vs. Panthers
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 18, 2012 09:36AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Key starters on defense that wont play tonight
> > are.
> >
> > Mcdaniel
> > burnett
> > darnsby
> > wake
> >
> Ouch. Our LBs are going to look bad.

Turns out I was 100% correct.

Date: August 18, 2012 10:11AM

Chyren in a quick read offense, the guy had 4 three and outs out of six chances. 3 sacks and 4 tipped passes. He didn't make good decisions, was inconsistent, and looked uncomfortable in the pocket...
The knock against Tannehill isn't that he doesn't have the talent, it is his decision making, and inconsistent play... And that is exactly what I saw exasperated last night.... He has raw talent but he looked like a rookie overwhelmed by the speed of the game which caused him to make bad decisions. He threw into bad passing lanes, didn't step up into the pocket when he should have, and made some bad reads... On one drive his talent was able to overcome everything else that detracted from his success. The guy still needs some time to develop, and I am not sure starting him is the best choice for the team come game 1 of the regular season... It could get ugly especially with how our defense has been looking under Coyle....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:23AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chyren in a quick read offense, the guy had 4
> three and outs out of six chances. 3 sacks and 4
> tipped passes. He didn't make good decisions, was
> inconsistent, and looked uncomfortable in the
> pocket...
> The knock against Tannehill isn't that he doesn't
> have the talent, it is his decision making, and
> inconsistent play... And that is exactly what I
> saw exasperated last night.... He has raw talent
> but he looked like a rookie overwhelmed by the
> speed of the game which caused him to make bad
> decisions. He threw into bad passing lanes, didn't
> step up into the pocket when he should have, and
> made some bad reads... On one drive his talent was
> able to overcome everything else that detracted
> from his success. The guy still needs some time to
> develop, and I am not sure starting him is the
> best choice for the team come game 1 of the
> regular season... It could get ugly especially
> with how our defense has been looking under
> Coyle....

If the team, as a whole, is looking ugly, does it matter who we have under center?

Date: August 18, 2012 10:28AM

Disagree Crowder. Like another post said, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning better, would have looked the exact same playing behind that line with Charles Johnson coming in on his A.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 11:28AM

if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that about this team....

Date: August 18, 2012 11:42AM

Date: August 18, 2012 12:15PM

Charles Johnson got him becasue Tannehill made his drops and then became a stationary target while he was trying to read the defense and find a WR. Instead of stepping into the pocket after the drop and delivering the ball downfield. He got sacked deep, hence the 5 and 6 yard losses from sacks. He didnt get sacked from stepping into the pocket, he got sacked by johnson becasue he didnt step up into the pocket, Something Manning and Brady are surely more familiar with then Tannehill at this point in his young career.

Nietzsche

Date: August 18, 2012 01:54PM

I'll have to tape the game and give you MY blow by blow. But just reading YOUR blow by blow, one would think that RT (or any other quarterback) was being given enough time to read a novel.

Not once do I see the words "Charles Johnson" in your post above. That makes it suspicious to me.

Come on, Crowder. I never thought you were one of those "the quarterback is the only player on the whole team" guys.

Date: August 18, 2012 02:26PM

Chyren, there is always pressure from somewhere. It is the QB's ability to drop back, then step into the pocket to where the protection is strong. The pocket wasnt collapsing on the guy,Johnson was getting deep on Martin, not inside, Tannehill had zero pocket presence. He wanted to make his drop and throw, when that didnt happen, he didnt step up into the pocket he just stood there until Johson was right up on him, by not stepping up and establishing the pocket, he lacked passing lanes and got sacked. He didnt do Martin any favors ...Those sacks were on tannehll as much as they were on Martin IMO... Because he wasnt stepiing up, he was far away from where the pocket should have been which gave the defenders more time to react to blocking his passes... I think the kid has talent and a , but he has alot to work on with his game... When Moore came in, it was complete opposite as far as pocket presence. Moore dropped back and then stepped up in to the pocket and kept the rush off of him... These guys dont need alot of time to throw the ball in this offense they just have to not put themselves in bad spots...

Nietzsche

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 18, 2012 03:54PM

I watched the game twice and RT certainly made mistakes, some of his problems were the fault of the O-Line getting beat. Some of them were him making the kind of mistakes he should be expected to make.

He'll get better...any way you want to cut it, RT is playing dangerously close to the level of Moore and will overtake him very soon.

Devlin also looked good last night...he also just might overtake Moore. I think we've most definately solved our QB quandry.

Date: August 18, 2012 07:31PM

Yeah, Crowder but how do you explain the Tampa Bay game wherein Moore, playing behind the same line, looked pitiful and Tannehill, playing behind the second and third string looked all-world.

I'd say the line had a little to do with it.

But with respect to Charles Johnson, how can you say that even PARTIALLY, it wasn't Martin fault. Martin didn't even say "Hey!" as Charles JOhnson breezed by him.

Charles Johnson got by faster than an A-list movie star would have got past the rope at the Academy Awards and Jonathan Martin did not stop him any more than would have a bell-hop trying to break into the movies would have stoppedd an A lister.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:21PM

People were saying this team couldn't win because of the QB.

Now that we've drafted a QB, I suspect many of those same people are now realizing the real problems that exist with the roster.

I'm glad reality has struck.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 10:21PM by DolfanKing.

Date: August 19, 2012 02:11PM

That's the point I was trying to make DolfanKing. Our second string and scrubs are outperforming our first strings.

Maybe if we get back Cam and Dansby, the defense will look better but the O line sucks big time.

Everybody's talking about Egnew being a disappointment but I'm more concerned about Jonathan Martin being a big bust. It takes receivers time to get acclimated to the big leagues but a lineman is pretty much the same thing on the first day of his career as the middle of his career. Look how quickly Pouncey acclimated.

However, with Martin, he couldn't protect Moore when Moore was starting against Tampa Bay and didn't protect RT when RT was starting against Carolina. And he did so well protecting Andrew Luck.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.