HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Maybe it's time to face reality
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Maybe it's time to face reality
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 19, 2012 05:41AM

I always look at the glass half full. I can find optimism even on death row however one must face reality here. The Dolphins could very well struggle, and be very bad. Or they could turn it around when it matters, and be competitive. At this point I really don't don't know what to expect. We traded away Brandon Marshall, and cut Yerimiah Bell, but we did have a good draft. So this team should win some games, and compete for a playoff spot. I just don't see it based on the first 2 preseason games. Hell I hope I'm wrong, but Joe Philbin reminds me alot of Cam Cameron. We all know how that turned out don't we? The next preseason game should tell us alot against the Falcons. If we have a game plan , and still get blown out well then maybe we all pretty much know not so good this year. However if we stay close, and even win that game well then all bet's are off, and it's on to the regular season. Do you guys agree with this assessment? This team has got to show more effort, and a sense of urgency when playing. That comes down to coaching, and Joe Philbin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 08:35AM by Finshady.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maybe it's time to face reality
Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 19, 2012 06:06AM

You could very well be 100% correct.

But I'm personally going to wait for at least one "real" game to take place before I face "reality."

My expectations are not high, of course.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 19, 2012 06:23AM

Given the wholesale coaching, philosophy, and system, changes implemented this year, Then add to that, a lack of veteran player leadership, and very young unproven WR corps which will have at least two new members next April.

I don't think we will get everything sorted out and have everyone playing on the same page until somewhere around week 4-6.

From there on, we should show week to week improvement as a team. I don't think we will contend for a playoff spot this season due the amount of change and the steepness of the learning curve.

My best case scenario this season is 8-8, any better than that I'll consider a new years gift.

Date: August 19, 2012 08:38AM

I mean having strict rules on a team is one thing having a coach is is respected is another. Philbin has got to turn this team around or he will lose this fan base very quickly I'm afraid.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 19, 2012 08:44AM

What u think fans are in revolt bc philbin cut ochostinko?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 19, 2012 09:30AM

Date: August 19, 2012 01:02PM

WTF!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 19, 2012 01:32PM

the phins have new systems on both sides of the ball, a rookie qb, and nothing to speak of at wr.

philbin should get 4 years to turn it around. the one that should be looking over his shoulder is ireland.

i see another 6-10 season ahead and if so let philbin pick his personnel guy to work with.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 19, 2012 01:55PM

Come on, Finshady. Cut me some slack. I cut you slack.

Date: August 19, 2012 02:56PM

I will but your way off target. Me saying I can find optimism in any situation should not be made into a joke. This team needs fixing, and fast or they are going to embarass themselves once again this season.

Date: August 19, 2012 09:55PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I mean having strict rules on a team is one thing
> having a coach is is respected is another.
> Philbin has got to turn this team around or he
> will lose this fan base very quickly I'm afraid.

As long as he doesn't get a boner everytime we settle for 3 points I'm with him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.