HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Rise of "TanneThrill"
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Rise of "TanneThrill"
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: August 10, 2012 01:02PM

Garrard out tonight because of minor knee surgery. I like Moore but I sense the rise of Ryan "TanneThrill".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Rise of "TanneThrill"
Date: August 11, 2012 04:22AM

He played 2 string scrubs, but there is no doubt he has skills. This was great for his confidence and I like the way they are grooming him. We might have finally lucked out. (No Pun intended) grinning smiley

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 11, 2012 06:57AM

He needs to start the season. He understands the offense and the game. He has the tools, and the game does not seem too big for him.

Play him.

We know what Matt Moore has. Matt Moore is a very good backup QB and a guy I'm glad we have on our team, but he isn't elite and never will be. Tannehill could be that guy, and we need to find out.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 11, 2012 12:48PM

I don't think there is any doubt, at this point, Tannehill will be our starter and will be for a long time. I see greatness in this guy.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 11, 2012 01:08PM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think there is any doubt, at this point,
> Tannehill will be our starter and will be for a
> long time. I see greatness in this guy.

I hope you are right JT.

I'm not going to compare him to Henne because Tannehill is far more physically and mentally gifted, but I felt that way about Henne after he torched the Jets on that Monday night. Not that he'd necessarily be great but that he'd be our QB for a long time.

I'm very encouraged by the pace of RT's development so far, and beating out a decent veteran QB like Moore would go a long way towards making me believe he's the long term answer. I think he could be...I'm just not there yet.

Date: August 11, 2012 01:37PM

Philbin has been there with Aron Rodgers. I'm confident in his making the right decision. Either Tanny will start , or he will sit him and let his hunger grow. But I think he will be handled correctly unlike Henne was. Saprano and company Squandered his talents and never developed him.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: August 11, 2012 02:11PM

2 keys to TanneThrill is:

1. His knowledge of the system

2. His intelligence

I getting excited about the season. I don't think we will win the division or even make the playoffs but I think we will be in the hunt and we're headed in the right direction.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 11, 2012 02:27PM

After last nights performance, I find it hard to get excited about anything. This team looks no better than last year's.

If we're headed in the right direction, I don't think we'll see the results for another year or two at least.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 12, 2012 05:24AM

It's the 1st preseason game. I saw a couple of things to get excited about.

Ryan Tannehill and Charles Clay and Julius Pruitt, Roberto Wallace, Trusnik, Misi

at the same time we have things to work on. Special Teams for one.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 12, 2012 06:08AM

in comparison....

Jets o-line was terrible. Tebow and Sanchez struggled just as they have throughout the entire camp.

Brandon Weedon looked terrible. 3/9 62 yards 1 int. He was outperformed by Colt McCoy.

RGIII looked pretty good. 4/6 70 yards 1 td

Andrew Luck is up at 1:30pm vs the Rams.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:02PM

The kid is impressive with poise in the pocket and a decisive, mostly accurate release.

As we all know, the 3rd preseason game is the only preseason game that has a game plan install and gets plenty of playing time for the starters. Tannehill has a really good shot at getting the start for game 3 if he keeps progessing. Todays practice is a continuation in the right direction.

Go Tannehill! Go Phins!

Date: August 13, 2012 04:26PM

Paraphrasing Charles Davis & Shaun O'hara....

They said two things that impressed them about RT were....

RGIII and Luck both get more reps while RT practiced mostly with the 3rd team and got way fewer reps...and he still looked poised & comfortable, made nice throws and moved the offense. Says RT had the toughest job out of all three QB's and still looked good.

#2...when RT entered the game the rain started so he had an extra element going against him. Still moved the ball.

Davis says RT should be elevated quicker and get more reps....should be the day one starter.

Date: August 13, 2012 07:47PM

eesti Wrote:
> in comparison....
>
> Jets o-line was terrible. Tebow and Sanchez
> struggled just as they have throughout the entire
> camp.
>

So? The Jets suck. Any "true fan" would know that anyway.

Date: August 13, 2012 07:48PM

eesti Wrote:
>
> Davis says RT should be elevated quicker and get
> more reps....should be the day one starter.

That ain't happening.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 14, 2012 04:43AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > in comparison....
> >
> > Jets o-line was terrible. Tebow and Sanchez
> > struggled just as they have throughout the
> entire
> > camp.
> >
>
> So? The Jets suck. Any "true fan" would know
> that anyway.

Now you are acting like a true dolphin fanatic.

Date: August 14, 2012 06:56AM

Date: August 14, 2012 07:56AM

I have no issues starting Tannehill ahead of Moore.

If Garrard is healthy I'd prefer to see him play.

If they did decide to go with Tannehill over both of those guys they'd better be prepared to ride the roller coaster that typically comes with rookie QB's and live with 3-6 wins.

I think that the worst thing you could do with Tannehill is start him, then yank him after a month when he's 1-3 or 0-4. If he's going to start ahead of a healthy Garrard you have to let him go the whole year.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 14, 2012 08:13AM

I was wishing tannehill would start the year like joe flacco did in his rookie year and do well like flacco.

But then again Joe Flacco had a hell of a team and defense to begin with unlike the phish.

So i hope they do not start tannehill too soon either...Maybe the last 3 or 4 games of the season. But not to brgin the season.

Let him practice for while first.

Date: August 14, 2012 08:22AM

I also would like to see Garrard start the season. It is the safest way to go. I would rather have seen him play in the preseason though to see if he can move the offense.

At this point I still want to see Tannehill play the next game with the "ones" for at least a quarter.

One positive is Ryan has a good feel for the lower WR's since he has been working with them a lot. Now they are being elevated with the injury to Hartline and the 85 fiasco (and nice performances in the first game).

Date: August 14, 2012 08:44AM

With gerard out of the way this is going to become a True QB Controversy. Moore better bring it, and I don't think he has it.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: August 14, 2012 08:50AM

Garrard is Culpepper take two...old and injury prone. Please waste no more time there. Moore and Tannehill will do nicely with a scrub as #3. Tannehill looked good, certainly not great but I liked his presence, poise and the velocity on his throws. Don't understand why they had him dropping straight back though with his athleticism and the WCO???

Overall the team I saw in the first qtr looked about like last years sad smiley The secondary STILL can't seem to cover OR tackle. That being the case I say start the kid and let's see if he can give this team a new identity. If we start Moore and nothing else changes we'll get the same results we got last year. Maybe worse since Moore has no Brandon Marshall.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 14, 2012 09:19AM

RT should start the next game and play the first quarter...maybe even the first half. With what I saw last week from the #1's they could use the work.

At this point I'm not going to say that RT should start the season, but if he continues to outplay Moore then we almost have to start him in game #1.

In next year's draft I'd like to see the following; two big, fast, athletic WR's taken, another QB, a big play MLB, a Corner and a Saftey.

Date: August 14, 2012 09:31AM

Ken Wrote:
> RT should start the next game and play the first
> quarter...maybe even the first half. With what I
> saw last week from the #1's they could use the
> work.

I'm with you there Ken.

Not only would I like to see what Tannehill does versus a 1st team defense, but they certainly all need the work. Aand if you are going to take a look at him like that then it has to be this week. Our likely starter will need the first half in week 3.

>
> At this point I'm not going to say that RT should
> start the season, but if he continues to outplay
> Moore then we almost have to start him in game
> #1.

Yeah. Can't really think of a good reason to start the season with Moore other than Tannehill would have to prove he's not close to ready.

So far he hasn't done that.

I'd rather go 3--13 with a rookie than 8-8 with Moore.

>
> In next year's draft I'd like to see the
> following; two big, fast, athletic WR's taken,
> another QB, a big play MLB, a Corner and a Saftey.

Could be that we don't need a WR in next years draft.

We've got a bunch of young guys that are in that 2-3-4 year zone where project WR's tend to blossom.

Maybe Pruitt, Wallace and Moore prove to be good NFL WR's. Maybe they don't. I could see us taking two WR's or even none.

A big play MLB is a must eventually. Same with OLB.

And we clearly need help at CB and S.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us take another TE also.

Date: August 14, 2012 09:41AM

I also want to see Olivier Vernon get more snaps as well as Lamar Miller.

I don't know why Rishard Marshall was getting so many reps at returner. He is obviously on the wrong side of the bubble to make the team so why waste reps on him? Shouldn't Gates or Miller be getting those so we can see what they can do?

This can't be good news for Gates. May mean he is doubtful to make squad since he is lower on the depth chart than Mathews. Is he injured?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2012 09:46AM by eesti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.