HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Josh Gordon
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Josh Gordon
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 10, 2012 02:50AM

If this young man run a 4.4 40 yard dash at 6ft 4in 220 lbs do we take him in the supplemental draft in the 3rd round? I think this is a tricky proposition either way however how can you pass up that size, and speed?
Thoughts on do we take him with the extra 3rd round pick we got from the Bears in the Brandon Marshall trade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Josh Gordon
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:03AM

Maybe yes, maybe no.

There's a lot more that goes into being a good NFL WR than size and speed.

He's definitely an intriguing prospect based on what you said about him, but can he catch? Is he smart enough to play WR in our offense?

I think Omar Kelly said it best yesterday (and I'm paraphrasing): If you are the GM, ask yourself if he's a better prospect than Roberto Wallace at this point. If the answer is "no" then pass on him.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 08:00AM

IMO, You have to have concerns about off the field question, and his drug arrest. There is a reason he is in the supplemental draft and most of the time those reasons arent a good reflection on the player....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 08:27AM

and the 4.4 forty was more like a 4.52 forty...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:25PM

Well 4.52 at 225lbs what's wrong with that? really if we want to win this year we take him in a lower round pick, and see if he's worth the gamble.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:39PM

Character concerns, injury concerns, kicked off the team, is he a "can't miss prospect? No. Will we most likely have to give up a 2nd round pick to get him? Yes.

Is this a guy you are willing to take a chance on?

I say just use that 2013 2nd or 3rd round pick on a WR who has worked hard, went through the draft process, the combine, his junior or senior season and has high character.

That's just me.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: July 10, 2012 05:24PM

Do supplemental draft picks ever pay off?

I agree......its almost Pre season. We have seen recently have valuable a 3rd rd pick can be. We will have holes to fill next season too.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 11, 2012 07:02AM

I say you try to steal him with a later round pick and if someone else wants him more then so be it.

I think we have some guys that have a chance to pan out well and at this point show as much or more promise to what we will need this year.

I we get him cheap, then the risk reqward makes sense, if not pick up someone we have lewss risk on next draft.

He would start behind the curve if we go with him this year , and we don't likely have the reps to figure out if he has the potential to unseat someone else with the number of WRs on the roster.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 11, 2012 02:34PM

What's funny is that I watched Baylor games over the last few years and I never remember this guy. It's like he just came out of no where.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 11, 2012 04:29PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Character concerns, injury concerns, kicked off
> the team, is he a "can't miss prospect? No. Will
> we most likely have to give up a 2nd round pick to
> get him? Yes.
>
> Is this a guy you are willing to take a chance
> on?
>
> I say just use that 2013 2nd or 3rd round pick on
> a WR who has worked hard, went through the draft
> process, the combine, his junior or senior season
> and has high character.
>
> That's just me.

Read an interesting article.

Why would Miami want to take this guy with possibly their 3rd round pick when they could have had Streeter from the U, who is the same height, about the same weight, but ran a 4.3?

I don't think he would be worth taking in the supplemental (unless, like someone here said, we take him very late). If it was possible he could be one of the starting 3, then maybe, but I doubt it.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:23AM

I'm glad we passed on him. He went to CLE for a 2nd was reported, which means we would have had to put up a 1st to get him (assuming CLE was higher in the lottery.

Even a second would have been higher than I'd have wanted to put up for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.