HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Koa Misi arrested
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Koa Misi arrested
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 30, 2012 09:33AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Koa Misi arrested
Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 10:58AM

We should get rid of him too...... lol ! Why did they get rid of their best reciever (marshal) ???? Just ask yourself, did it make the team better ??????

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 02:42PM

What a bonehead. Could be released

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 30, 2012 02:48PM

Marginal player IMO. And now certifiably dumb as well. I wouldn’t cut him but his chances in Miami are less than 50/50 at this point IMO.

He’s a classic tweener and NOT an impact player in any way. In the mold of Langford but not as solid.

See ya…

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 04:01PM

last guy I thought would get arrested although he had some problems in high school/college... I sure hope we dont release him, he was pick number 40 only 2 years ago..That would be another second rd failure for Ireland... I like him, just think he is small, has problems getting off blocks, needs more muscle or bulk

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 30, 2012 05:26PM

His problem Crowder is the "Peter Principal" of football. He's risen to the level of his inadequacy. Misi was able to beat kids up physically but he ain’t playing against kids no more. And his core athletic skill set is NOT impact grade. He’s a very solid athlete. But he’s not fast enough or explosive enough to be a legit disruptor in the contemporary NFL. He’s a solid point of attack guy. But the game isn’t played that way anymore. So his core skill set is outdated.

Unless he finds a way (wink) to add explosiveness...

BNF.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2012 05:56PM

or unless he finds a way to sneak "explosives" into the stadium and use them on the oppostion.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 30, 2012 06:13PM

Just when I thought the April Fool's jokes had started early this year.!

Date: March 30, 2012 09:19PM

I hadn't read the article when I posted the joke above.

Just read it.

Had it been before I retired and were he convicted of a felony assault, the LA office where I worked would have gotten the case on appeal. Santa Barbara is in our jurisdiction. Obviously had I been assigned it, I would have recused myself being such a big Dolphin fan.

But I must say. After doing approximately 800 felony appeal prosecutions, even in Sodom and Gomorrah, I have never seen a felon with such sheer balls.

You mean to tell me that some guy in an apartment taunts someone while on his balcony and this fruitcake actually breaks into the guy's apartment to beat the crap out of the guy?

I mean I have prosecuted appeals of death penalty defendants that don't have that kind of nerve.

I've never seen or HEARD of a case wherein someone broke into a strange apartment to beat a total stranger for a passerby taunt.

So we've got burglary (in California any entry into a dwelling to commit either a) theft or b) any other felony qualifies) and battery.

We need to get rid of this guy if his behavior can cause someone like me to gasp given despite my criminal prosecution experience.

Date: March 31, 2012 02:57AM

We better trade away all our 2nd round picks. It's like a bad-luck charm for Ireland.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 31, 2012 04:54AM

Chryen--
There has to be more to it than what the media is providing. Whatever it is, it's still another example of a thug mentality. I'm not sure if trouble is the magnet for football players or vice versa.

Many football players just can't seem to be law abiding for very long. The "sport" is violent. Players incite one another with bullying trash talk. Encouraging players to "take someone out" amplifies bullying and misbehavior. Aggression becomes a way of life and many of these guys can't or don't want to turn it off when in "civies."

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 05:16AM

kinda like the other samoan we had, mauia, didn't he beat up someone for not "knowing who he was"?

Date: March 31, 2012 05:17PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kinda like the other samoan we had, mauia, didn't
> he beat up someone for not "knowing who he was"?

Hey, I'm pretty sure Soliai's Samoan, and so was Satelle. Don't go bashing Samoans drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 05:18PM by montequi.

Date: March 31, 2012 05:27PM

people are freaking retarded. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 31, 2012 05:37PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> people are freaking retarded. eye rolling smiley

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Be careful. That is offensive to people. JUst warning you, my friend.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 31, 2012 06:16PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > people are freaking retarded. eye rolling smiley
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Be careful. That is offensive to people. JUst
> warning you, my friend.

Absolutely! Retards like me are extremely offended!! smoking smiley

I thought the purpose of emoticons was to communicate sarcasm...but some people on this board still have trouble getting a joke.

Date: March 31, 2012 06:42PM

There is nothing funny or sarcastic about that word, Vic. I stupidly referrred to the thought process of one of the posters as "autistic" and got the devil from a parent who had an autistic child. I apologized both on the board and in a pm but it was not accepted because I didn't hear from him.

What's worse, he has not posted on this board anymore since that incident. I feel personally responsible.

But the term retarded is 10 times more offensive than autistic.

Bullies in school pick on developmentally disabled kids and throwing that word around is even worse than using a racial slur because at least people of a race all have each other to comfort them but these poor children have no one but their families.

Aqua & Orange was right. That word should not be used on this board or anywhere in society.

Date: March 31, 2012 07:19PM

I guess I'm not easily offended, and I don't care to conform to the PC generation. My daughter has SPD, which is in the autism spectrum, but the word doesn't bother me one way or another.

Date: March 31, 2012 07:41PM

Hey Monte...

smileys with beer

Im not offended by anything. But I pretty much got anally raped with no lube by a prominent poster for using that word.

I was only giving TCPF a heads up that he may get some heat for using that.

In other news, Avenged Sevenfold is awesome. Been listening to their tunes all day!

---------------------

Date: March 31, 2012 08:11PM

I really have zero Tolerance for the PC generation. Mental retardation is a subtype of intellectual disability is it not? I believe punching in a strangers door and punching them in the face shows a huge lack of intelligence and the Term is fitting.

Date: March 31, 2012 08:15PM

Come on TCPF, I know you believe in Police brutality!!! grinning smileydrinking smileysmileys with beer

---------------------

Date: March 31, 2012 09:45PM

TCPF and Montequi, there is a difference in being politically correct and using a term like that concerning a helpless developmentally disabled child.

I am Black. It's a matter of political correctness whether you call me a Negro, Black, African-American, Afro-American or Colored. I don't mind any of them although some Blacks would go off if you didn't call them the right one. But that's because they're politically correct.

But when you talk about the developmentally disabled, you are talking about persons who have afflictions.

It's no difference than making fun of the Blind, deaf, or the handicapped. It's not a matter of political correctness. It's a matter of basic decency.

You ought to thank God that your children are healthy and not take for granted that it did not happen to you.

If you are going through what the parents of those developmentally disabled children are going through, you wouldn't take the matter so lightly as to shrug off invectives thrown at those children as being a matter of "political correctness."

Edited to add that BTW. Koa Misi is just dumb. He has no organic or medical affliction but he just makes bad choices. A criminal who decides to steal is not suffering a medical affliction, he's just dumb.

To put the developmentally disabled in the same class as Misi is a greater insult to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 09:47PM by ChyrenB.

Date: April 01, 2012 02:17AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> To put the developmentally disabled in the same
> class as Misi is a greater insult to them.

I'll agree with that.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 01, 2012 02:56AM

Well, this thread went awry didn't it with the PC positions.

When I was a kid, back in the 50s, name calling was at it's apex, IMO.

"You're a ___________ (jerk, dork, dweeb, retard, moron, dufus, boob, goofball). Pick one. None of these words meant anything other than dopey, clumsy, ridiculous, silly or stupid.

There was also "rank out" contests. Where two kids did this:

"Your mother wears combat boots." "Your so small you can play handball on a curb." When you were born, your father looked at you face and butt and said, "Twins." The usual response was, "Yeah, at least I was born, not hatched like you were." This meant nothing to either boy.

Somewhere, somehow, the use of words and the connotations they presented changed.

Somehow the childish reference to "retard" now really means someone mentally impaired, disabled, slow, backward, handicapped etc. It doesn't mean "stupid, dopey, clumsy, etc."

Selecting the "right" word is fraught with criticism today.

I guess we can only use the word "stupid." Little interpretation needed.

So, in the context of Koa Misi's behavior, Plaxico Burress's shooting incident, and various DUI arrests, and other assault charges... all these college educated person's behavior were "stupid."

I have to wonder, what ever happened to the "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Have we all become too, too sensitive to words. Have we become all to insecure in our personal development to think that being called a "jerk" by someone means it is true, and the world sees it that way too?

I realize that all of us don't have the same abilities and that means physical and mental abilities. Similarly, we don't all share the same mental alertness or mental stability. Yet, there just seems to be an over abundance of caution with using words today, so people, whoever they are, wherever they are, are not offended by words spoken.

People need to be civil. Everyone agree? Yet people are not diplomatic and courteous sometimes. They should try to be, but that diplomacy should not be so "correct" that we are terrified to say what we are really thinking because of fear of being physically assaulted or challenged by the listener who might be offended.

Date: April 01, 2012 06:08AM

I consider you Chyrene , fellow Dolphin fan. Nothing less , nothing more.

I see some kids with down syndrome all the time. Unless a crime has been done to them and I need to label them becuase they are victims, I see only a child.

The PC generation has this fixation with labels thats disturbing. 2 kinds of people in this world, Good and Bad. Thats it.

Date: April 01, 2012 07:25AM

Yes, TCPF, but there was another word for Black that I did not mention that was offensive.

None of you (I Pray) would make the same argument TODAY that the use of that word is a question of political correctness.

The word "retard" came from mental retardation. Maybe during a generation back, school kids taunted each other with that word but just as the "N" word is clearly recognized as offensive and its use or non-use is NOT just a matter of "PC," so since this word is hurtful to the developmentally disabled, you guys ought to have enough common sense to thank God your family does not have to deal with the challenges of these families.

In other words, I know you guys want to go off on the Democrats, the Liberals, Obama, the Media, and everything else but this is not that fight.

If after this, you guys still think using the word "retard" is not as offensive as using the "N" word and this is a matter of "Political correctness", then you are so selfish and lacking in feeling that I hope God does not visit this affliction on your children and their spouses so that you don't end up the grandparent of a developmentally disabled child.

Satan loves to do that because he knows that God will stay his own hand when Satan moves against a jerk!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 01, 2012 10:15AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> TCPF and Montequi, there is a difference in being
> politically correct and using a term like that
> concerning a helpless developmentally disabled
> child.
>
> I am Black. It's a matter of political
> correctness whether you call me a Negro, Black,
> African-American, Afro-American or Colored. I
> don't mind any of them although some Blacks would
> go off if you didn't call them the right one. But
> that's because they're politically correct.
>
> But when you talk about the developmentally
> disabled, you are talking about persons who have
> afflictions.
>
> It's no difference than making fun of the Blind,
> deaf, or the handicapped. It's not a matter of
> political correctness. It's a matter of basic
> decency.
>
> You ought to thank God that your children are
> healthy and not take for granted that it did not
> happen to you.
>
> If you are going through what the parents of those
> developmentally disabled children are going
> through, you wouldn't take the matter so lightly
> as to shrug off invectives thrown at those
> children as being a matter of "political
> correctness."
>
> Edited to add that BTW. Koa Misi is just dumb.
> He has no organic or medical affliction but he
> just makes bad choices. A criminal who decides to
> steal is not suffering a medical affliction, he's
> just dumb.
>
> To put the developmentally disabled in the same
> class as Misi is a greater insult to them.

This was a very good post. Summed it up very well.
JC

Date: April 01, 2012 06:18PM

Date: April 01, 2012 06:44PM

Date: April 01, 2012 07:13PM

In other words, A & O, you were wasting your breath.....or your ink.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.