Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Media spinning Miami to look bad....again.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Media spinning Miami to look bad....again.
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 27, 2012 01:55PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Media spinning Miami to look bad....again.
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 27, 2012 09:41PM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 28, 2012 03:05AM

Matt Moore or Matt Flynn I think their about the same player, and we know Matt Moore can play in this league. Matt Flynn not so much.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 28, 2012 06:07AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 28, 2012 06:23AM

Flynn chose Seattle because they offered him more money. Simple as that. And probably a lot more than what the Dolphins thought he was worth.

Date: March 28, 2012 07:55AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 28, 2012 11:15AM

The media is no longer the newspapers. It's radio, tv (antenna, cable satellite). We are bombarded with programs that talk and talk about every damn thing going on. Some of it is newsworthy, most is not IMO.

The media writes about X. The next thing someone contradicts it, and then the reply. What was nonsense to begin with becomes a soap opera. WE have to have immediate access to what's going on. We have become gossip junkies. It's mostly BS. I don't care if Drew Brees winked at a girl in a bar. I don't care if Tom Brady has fun in bed with his wife or not. It's mostly BS. I don't care if Flynn opted for another team. The bottom line really counts. There's just too much drama.

Most of us have never been in a position where two or more companies are hoping we will hire on with them. During my time in the military, I felt that I was important, but so did every other similarly ranked person. The job was something that happened and you had little say on getting it or not getting it. This is similar to TEBOW, for instance, who is a "commodity" and subject to being traded. He went were they sent him based on a trade. Somebody was willing to take him--wanted him. He had very little choice. He's also the type of person that will say "yes sir" and report smartly to his next team.

When FA hits, the tables are somewhat turned in favor of the player. Money is surely a factor with these players, but I also think, a top player like Manning looks at other things like where he will be most comfortable. Manning would be kicking and screaming if he had been traded to the Jets. Being in the Big Apple would not be comfortable for him. Rex Ryan isn't the type of coach he would succeed with. Manning found his comfort zone with the Broncos. A great sports town, but not as wild and crazy as NYC. The media would have the two brothers, Eli and Peyton squaring off in boxing trunks on the front page of the newspaper. The talk shows would be questioning their manhood. All of that is BS.

The media can provide useful information, but most media personnel are hired to sell. The Walter Cronkite style of news has left the building folks. It's more tabloid crap than anything. FWIW.

Date: March 28, 2012 12:16PM

Right on colonel.

The media care only aboput putting out a story these days, and truth takes a back seat.

In their frenzy the recent game seems so ingrained also in who predicts or gets the scoop first. Thus when they get it wrong, they print all kinds of crap trying to justify their original position.

Some of the slag that comes along with 24 hrs a day media.

Thus all the drama over a new story knocking Miami down and in particular Ireland & Ross. All because they didn't do what the media and some fans predicted.

Its hype, and it means nothing.

Date: March 28, 2012 01:14PM

Phinjim--
The biggest problem with media hype is the fact that there are legions of poorly informed people and they tend to embrace hype as accurate. These folks are superficial in how they think and how they analyze things. It's troubling to me as that kind of thinking, a non-reasoning system, leads to bad decisions and off the wall opinions on all kinds of topics to include sports, players, coaches and team personnel.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:23PM

Right on, the Dolphins ownership and management are flawless. We are the most respected management and team in the NFL... Players and coaches will do anything to be a part of this team because of the respect that Ireland treats everybody with and the clearcut intelligence and leadership of those at the top...
What is anybody doing questioning greatness, and the obvious amazing track record of those in charge...... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 01:24PM by Crowder52.

Date: March 28, 2012 02:31PM

Crowder52--One doesn't have to spend much time listening to sports analysts or reading articles to know that Miami has not had great fortune selecting players in the draft, hiring FAs, hiring coaches, fielding a solid QB, etc. Personal observation--not hype--reveals the truth. we don't need help from the media to form realistic opinions on how this team is handling matters. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.