HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          how embarrassing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
how embarrassing
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how embarrassing
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:11PM

Ross is the embarrassment here.

How can a billionaire be forced on his knees to beg? What an embarrassment.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 15, 2012 04:35PM

if you've got to beg a QB to come to your team, he's probably not the guy for you anyway.

in other news, we signed artis hicks today! woo hoo! seriously the deal is 1 year for $2mm. Am I nuts or does that sound like A LOT of money for a backup OL cut from the Browns?

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:42PM

Especially an old, over the hill QB with questionable arm strength.

Date: March 15, 2012 04:43PM

Date: March 15, 2012 05:11PM

TCC you're hanging on too tight. Manning is GONE! even the phins know it.

Posted by: Offerdahl ()
Date: March 15, 2012 06:19PM

Are you f'n kidding me?? Whoever came up with this bullshit theory, I wonder if they did it on their own, or it is a breakthrough in their hypnotherapy using ESPN "expert" commentary?

Please open your eyes and realize that of the four teams Manning met with, the two that will escape with their dignity intact are the Phins and the Cards.

Since Manning won't be playing for the Titans and Broncos both, what happens with them when they are not chosen? You will be able to say that 1) Denver could not close the deal despite the overnight Elway / Manning honeymoon complete with private plane ride, country club dinner, champagne in the jacuzzi and swapping funny stories about Tebow.... or
2) Tennessee could not close the deal despite the senile octogenarian uncle kicking out the entire family from his will and promising it all to his boy love interest, while the entire state legislature serenaded them outside with a Shakespearian sonnet written just for the occasion...

Yea, compared to that, the Dolphins coaching staff talking football with Manning for a few hours is "real embarrassment".

To quote Inigo Montoya: "that word... I don't think it means what you think it means".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 06:21PM by Offerdahl.

Date: March 15, 2012 06:28PM

What's embarrassing is us still sniffing at his Piss trail like we actually have a shot.

Offerdahl, we shoul have signed Flynn on Monday and moved on.

---------------------

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 06:28PM

thumbs up

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 15, 2012 07:08PM

I don't believe we could have signed Flynn on Monday since FA didn't start until 4PM Tuesday.

Beyond that, this is just more pure BS speculation IMO and it assumes some pretty stupid stuff on the part of some Miami peeps that have no right being that dumb. So readers beware in ALL things Manning.

I 100% agree that most folks deserve the right to have their own opinion, but at least 35% of the population is downright scary in intellectual terms. And it's pretty funny when the dummies are doing the mind reading at a 3rd grade level.

More realistically, if the Miami Dolphins org had gotten the vibe that Manning didn't want anything to do with the franchise it’s highly unlikely they would set themselves up as fodder for the pure fun of it. I mean how inbred dumb do you think Ross is? And of course Dan Marino is not a Mensa member but I doubt he’s a certified team liaison either.

I think it's more likely Manning kind of knew he wasn't the consensus pick of the litter in Miami and we met to talk over his basic expectations and see if there was a deeper synergy to be explored. And like I said, they probably had some chicken wings to.

In addition to that, it certainly makes it look like we’re exploring things with Manning and of course that might possibly be a benefit for us in other “competitive situations.” I mean that’s definitely possible if we’re playing a smart game chess, right?

We have a stated philosophy of turning over rocks and picking up acorns and once you earn that reputation you take it serious, yes? I mean if we hired a new HC and there was a background deal that violated league policy we wouldn’t want that would we?

I’m just saying (speculating) there are a TON of other possibilities that take a wee bit more IQ to compute so don’t get sold on the dumbest one because it might not be the smart choice.

On the other hand, if it somehow proves out, beyond all doubt, that we did some dumb ass shit in all this then we better hope and pray for a football tsunami in SFL.

BNF.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 15, 2012 10:18PM

Wow has this story turned...Last week Ross wanted to hire Marino to help recruit Manning and Dan said no. Dan said he'd only talk to Manning if Manning called him to ask about the Dolphins. Now this BS is turned completely around.

I'm so sick of all the Manning hype. As far as I'm concerned, this team should draft a scrub to battle it out with Moore and look towards next year. All of these desperate QB hungry teams will have made asses out of themselves and committed to a contract with the devil himself, then we can sneak up and take the 1st pick in 2013.

Date: March 16, 2012 04:29AM

Offerdahl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you f'n kidding me?? Whoever came up with this
> bullshit theory, I wonder if they did it on their
> own, or it is a breakthrough in their hypnotherapy
> using ESPN "expert" commentary?
>
> Please open your eyes and realize that of the four
> teams Manning met with, the two that will escape
> with their dignity intact are the Phins and the
> Cards.
>
> Since Manning won't be playing for the Titans and
> Broncos both, what happens with them when they are
> not chosen? You will be able to say that 1) Denver
> could not close the deal despite the overnight
> Elway / Manning honeymoon complete with private
> plane ride, country club dinner, champagne in the
> jacuzzi and swapping funny stories about Tebow....
> or
> 2) Tennessee could not close the deal despite the
> senile octogenarian uncle kicking out the entire
> family from his will and promising it all to his
> boy love interest, while the entire state
> legislature serenaded them outside with a
> Shakespearian sonnet written just for the
> occasion...
>
>
> Yea, compared to that, the Dolphins coaching staff
> talking football with Manning for a few hours is
> "real embarrassment".
>
> To quote Inigo Montoya: "that word... I don't
> think it means what you think it means".

keep telling yourself that #56. we had to BEG manning to even talk to us, which he refused to do till Marino got involved. Even then, he made us come to him in Indy (even though Manning lives in S Fl!) and would only talk to the coach, not the GM or the guy who would be signing his checks. Total sign of disrespect, and when you combine that with the fact that Ross made it his #1 priority to sign Manning--word of that leaked out months ago---I'd say it's pretty embarrassing. At least KC had the dignity not to beg and plead and bow and scrape when it became clear he was not interested in playing for the chiefs.

Posted by: Offerdahl ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:06AM

berkeley223 Wrote:

>
> keep telling yourself that #56. we had to BEG
> manning to even talk to us, which he refused to
> do till Marino got involved. Even then, he made us
> come to him in Indy (even though Manning lives in
> S Fl!) and would only talk to the coach, not the
> GM or the guy who would be signing his checks.
> Total sign of disrespect, and when you combine
> that with the fact that Ross made it his #1
> priority to sign Manning--word of that leaked out
> months ago---I'd say it's pretty embarrassing. At
> least KC had the dignity not to beg and plead and
> bow and scrape when it became clear he was not
> interested in playing for the chiefs.

Please cite your sources on:

- how the Dolphins visit got arranged, exactly
- some specifics on the "bowing and scraping" (include photos if possible, it should be good times)
- how Manning is making clear who he is and is not interested in (this is Friday, and I have heard nothing of Manning choosing ANY team yet, but you clearly have)

for extra credit, you can describe

- how Mr. Ireland or Mr. Ross hurt you (you can show us on the doll if it makes it easier).

Date: March 16, 2012 05:12AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:48AM

Berk is right, this is an embarrassment.... Nobody wants to come here, and that is sad and pathetic...
When Harbaugh, FIsher and Manning all choose somewhere else but Miami, I dont know about you, but I dont think it says anything good about Ross, Ireland and the image they have destroyed for this once storied franchise and organziation ...

Ross if this doesnt tell you something is wrong with Ownership and managment, nothing will... Can we go through the lost money on FA that Ireland has whiffed on..... The finacial losses of the organization... It is sad and pathetic. I dont even recognize the team or what we stand for...
I hope this will tell Ross he has destroyed the Dolphins please take his New York ass to New York and out of south florida.... Take Baylor boy with you on the way out, and dont let the door smacked u on the ass on the way out....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 05:49AM by Crowder52.

Date: March 16, 2012 05:50AM

The entire problem is that we don't have a face to this franchise, specifically a franchise QB.

We need to lose every game this season and draft Matt Barkley.

---------------------

Date: March 16, 2012 06:07AM

the true embarassment would be is manning goes to DEN and Ross makes a play for Tebow. Then I truly won't know what to do with this team. I can stomach a lot but not that.

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:29AM

My question is why Dan doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with the Fins, I guess he is still holding ill feelings for the way he was run off by Jimmy. It seems like other explayers that I see on TV are always talking up their former teams but it seems like Dan rarely has anything good to say about Miami.

If Ross goes after Tebow I will truely be pissed. I can sort of understand the Manning thing, but am really glad he is not comming here, but Tebow has not done a thing that shows he can be the QB that this franchise needs.

Date: March 16, 2012 06:31AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> TCC you're hanging on too tight. Manning is GONE!
> even the phins know it.

I was never Intersted in manning , but I did get causght up in some of the Hype. It was nice imagining we had a elite Franchise once again.

Date: March 16, 2012 06:34AM

jrhammerjr Wrote:
> My question is why Dan doesn't seem to want to
> have anything to do with the Fins, I guess he is
> still holding ill feelings for the way he was run
> off by Jimmy. It seems like other explayers that
> I see on TV are always talking up their former
> teams but it seems like Dan rarely has anything
> good to say about Miami.
>

I don't think he has hard feelings, I mean he was offered and did briefly accept the job as team president. he mentions on nat'l media quite a bit that he is still a dolphin. he did reach out to manning when asked. I just think he didn't want to push manning to come here, probably knowing it was not the best available situation for him (and you gotta admit, it's not). Manning and MAarino are in a very rare fraternity of all-time great QBs and I doubt Marino wants it on him if he pushes Manning to come here and it ends badly for him.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:36AM

You guys seem to get too personal to me about this. Its a business, not really room for embarassment.

1. Ross is a show person, but he had enough sense to get Philbin, and that's gonna work out fine.

2. Manning has the right to choose anywhere he wants to live. I'd say the Miami Media circus didn't help much ... chasing him around in helicoptors (whew). Likely a turnoff, but even that is something out of the Front Office control.

3. All the hype just had it wrong, in terms of what was improtant to Manning. What the heck, move on without acting like a scalded dog. Not the end of the world, and may end up being much smarter for the long term, cap wise and youth wise.

4. BTW I like what Ireland is doing with the rest of the team FAs, we've gotten better in a lot of areas while all this drama has played out.

5. Keep in mind that a new offensive scheme may do a whole lot for this offense, that Sparano never had the mindset to consider. Whether we get Flynn of not ... its gonna be alright! Even matt Moore will be better in this scheme.

- I expect we do get himn, biut hope its for a decent price.

Date: March 16, 2012 06:40AM

I agree its gonna be allright, But It just feels like nobody with anykind of History in the NFL wants to come here. Only unknowns that want to make a name. Thats good from a motivational stand point , but some players or staff with a past history of success would be nice.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:46AM

Whoever gets Manning is gonna pay thru the nose and be in cap trouble and stilkl need a QB in 2 years.

I wish him well but not losing my mind about him not picking Miami.

Date: March 16, 2012 06:47AM

when all is said and done I am glad we didn't get manning. he was not what we needed, which is a long term solution at the QB position. I'd rather build for the future than go all in on a run now, which likely wouldn't have panned out anyway. After all of these crappy years, I want to follow a team that can compete year in year out. If we sign Flynn and he turns out to be a very good QB, it's better than signing Manning for 2 years of good play.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:48AM

I'm really curious what went into his decision to drop Miami but keep Denver, Tennessee, and Arizona as possibilities. Philbin must not really want him, and probably told him something that ticked him off on purpose.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:04AM

This team is embarassing

Date: March 16, 2012 07:22AM

I see dolfan1 has finally gotten over his beloved pats SB loss and has returned to the fold

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 16, 2012 08:03AM

No "sour grapes" for me. We (the Fins) have to move on. As the Rodney Dangerfield of the gridiron, the team has a lot to prove to gain back respect. I hope this situation just goes away as a bump (or pot hole) in the road to success.

Guys you need to forget the embarrassment aspect of this nonsense. It means little. Winning is all that counts. If we can do that with the team we (the Fins) finally assemble, it will be a great story.

Let's put the puzzle together! Pull the trigger.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 09:00AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I see dolfan1 has finally gotten over his beloved
> pats SB loss and has returned to the fold

and now he has to come here and relief his frustations on the phins saying we are an embarrassement.

gO pAtS hAhAha

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 09:41AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> when all is said and done I am glad we didn't get
> manning. he was not what we needed, which is a
> long term solution at the QB position. I'd rather
> build for the future than go all in on a run now,
> which likely wouldn't have panned out anyway.
> After all of these crappy years, I want to follow
> a team that can compete year in year out. If we
> sign Flynn and he turns out to be a very good QB,
> it's better than signing Manning for 2 years of
> good play.

I hear ya Berk, but then we shouldnt have chased him.... WHile we were chasing him the Redskins jumped up and got RG3... And we public lose out to another team again... THat type of thing is bad.... It is ok, if your perception and reality is , "well you win some and you lose some".... I can live with that, but no one can look at the dolphins management and ownership and say, that... IF you think of the Dolphins right now, you think of "they lose them all, to teams that shouldnt have a shot against us, when aquiring personel.... WHy? Answer seems pretty simple?
I will be rooting for my team come sunday, but I am finding the whole thing harder and harder to take serious at all with these guys floundering around...Ross is out of his element and Ireland is a glorified scout with a rough personality, that many players resent.... and that is where the bucks stops.... I am not saying they might not get lucky one day, but i wouldnt put any money on it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 09:43AM by Crowder52.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.