HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Joe Paterno reported to have passed away
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Joe Paterno reported to have passed away
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:23PM

May god bless his soul. Wanted to leave doing what he loved.Coaching football

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joe Paterno reported to have passed away
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:33PM

He's still alive

Date: January 21, 2012 04:33PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:49PM

Being a father of two young boys.........good

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 21, 2012 05:00PM

His son just said he is still fighting.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 21, 2012 05:02PM

Date: January 21, 2012 05:04PM

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:07PM

this will be an incredibly hard night for the paterno family. I lived in this area and worked at his neighbors house and what has happened to this man is a terrible travesty. words cannot discribe how i am feeling at this time, and all i can say is i hope everyone of those rat sucking bastards on the trustee commision are happy with what they did. This man in know way should be held responsible for what happened. My thoughts and prayers are with the paterno family and dear lord dont make this man suffer....

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:18PM

I share your sentiment in your sorrow, Fiedlerhater. I also think that the classy thing for Penn. State would have been to let him resign. I think the firing was to mollify the mob. I thought that was wrong.

But in the final analysis, there is only one person to truly blame and that is Jerry Sandusky.

Date: January 21, 2012 07:41PM

This is the biggest piece of shit i have ever witnessed. this man reported it to his ad , to the dean of the school, and also to the head of campus security. Then they try to railroad him and fire him because this is the golden time to do it? he should have been allowed to coach the bowl game and retire if they truly wanted him out, instead they pussied out and fired him, later we learn that the freaking governor and judge for the case were supporting sandusky's program. what a damn joke, I am not a religious man but i hope there is life after this and that joe can come back in spirit and make this freaking team never win a game again. I honestly dont know why i am so pissed at this, i only met him once but i guess its just the damn principle of it, and the fact my own father recently passed. To hell with all the a holes involved with this and god bless the paterno family.

Date: January 21, 2012 08:04PM

You say retire, I said resign. Perhaps that was what I was remembering that he wanted to retire but they fired him before he could do that.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 09:27PM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the biggest piece of shit i have ever
> witnessed. this man reported it to his ad , to
> the dean of the school, and also to the head of
> campus security. Then they try to railroad him and
> fire him because this is the golden time to do it?
> he should have been allowed to coach the bowl
> game and retire if they truly wanted him out,
> instead they pussied out and fired him, later we
> learn that the freaking governor and judge for the
> case were supporting sandusky's program. what a
> damn joke, I am not a religious man but i hope
> there is life after this and that joe can come
> back in spirit and make this freaking team never
> win a game again. I honestly dont know why i am
> so pissed at this, i only met him once but i guess
> its just the damn principle of it, and the fact my
> own father recently passed. To hell with all the
> a holes involved with this and god bless the
> paterno family.

You have got to be kidding me he had a assistant coach molesting children in his lockeroom and did nothing but push it up the chain of command. Let me repeat it was HIS lockeroom where it happened and he did the minimum when children are involved that is absolutely unacceptable despicable and irresponsible you will get no sympathy from me.

Date: January 21, 2012 10:03PM

Fin Fan 24, this (the Joe Paterno being told part Please don't misinterpret me as excusing that scum Sandusky) is all based on the testimony of the young assistant coach, Mike McQueary, who according to his own facts went home and talked to his father and waited the next day to tell Paterno. Paterno says that the assistant coach never told him that he saw the penetration but only improper conduct.

Now McQueary was no doubt worried about his own career. Otherwise he would have stopped it instantly (now he is telling his friends he did) AND CALLED THE POLICE, not the campus police, not the campus administration, not the coach but the POLICE.

Now FinFan 24, take the fact that by his own words, the action of the McQueary was wierd to say the least, that he delayed a full day before even telling Paterno, and don't you think that it is at least a probability that he sugar-coated what he said to Paterno in relating what he saw.

When McQueary finally went to Paterno, he probably said something like "Last night I saw Sandusky and a kid and they were both naked in the shower and maybe they were horsing around but they were touching each other and I felt I should tell you."

Now, Sandusky's lie has been even since this incident that it was improper horseplay. Therefore, if you were Paterno, you would then go to the administration and say "I was told that Sandusky was horsing around with a little boy in the shower when they both were naked" and the administration then said, Okay, from now on "he can't bring kids on campus."

Putting my old prosecutor's nose to what we know, it is just clear to be that McQueary has been looking out for McQueary at every stage of the drama.

I believe he did see a rape. But seeing that rape, he and his father decided to downplay it to Paterno.

Paterno took that downplayed version to the administration.

The administration acted based on that downplayed version.

Now, when some other molested kid revealed what had happened to him and the investigation was launched, again, looking out after his own ass, McQueary comes out and now swears to everyone that when he told the story, he told a story of anal penetration.

What really drives me batty is that the defense attorneys for Sandusky will take the facts of my argument above and not just to say that McQueary misled Paterno and Penn State but to actually argue that because of this guy who underplayed what he saw, that he never even saw what he now claims he saw at all.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 10:35PM

As I said it was HIS lockeroom stop making excuses a grown man naked in a shower with a little boy enough for me to make sure its investigated to its fullest and after this happened he still had boys with him on campus and on team trips nice try.

Date: January 22, 2012 03:39AM

Sorry, but the only way this news is any better, is if he was driving Sandusky around on a winding road by some cliffs when he passed. Countless kids suffered immeasurable abuse because he didn't do enough to stop it. Just telling your bosses doesn't cut it with child molestation.

Posted by: dolfans1 ()
Date: January 22, 2012 04:54AM

By McQueary's own account, he did not tell Paterno exactly what he saw, as he didn't think it was "appropriate" to give the details to someone of Paterno's age and stature. All Paterno had to go on was sugar-coated hearsay regarding an assistant coach that had retired 3 years prior to the incident (Sandusky no longer worked for Paterno). In hindsight, Paterno admitted he should have done more, but he did what he thought was the right thing at the time, and that was to report what he heard to the administration, including the person that oversees the campus police. It is unbelievable that some people treat him as if he was molesting the kids himself. I am with ChryrenB and fiedlerhater on this one.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 22, 2012 05:00AM

I have to agree with the other poster's Paterno should have never ever let it even happen in the first place by always having another adult present at all times. What in the hell is showering with the kids in your program give me a damn break. I have children of which I will keep out of the discussion however if a monster like Sandusky ever tried to pull that shit with one of my kids. Now all he has to do is try that would be the end of his pathetic life. Their would be no trial no jury no defense just a straight fast ticket to the depths of hell. Unless you have children of which some of us on this board do then please refrain from the sympathy for anyone knowingly or unknowingly involved with this disgusting scandal. Because as a parent your first priority is to protect all children from this terrible disgusting filthy abhorrant crime regardless if they are your kids or not. I have no sympathy for anyone involved, and in fact I wouldn't mind 5 minutes with Mr. Sandusky to prove just how much of a beat down he deserves by violating these innocent children.

Date: January 22, 2012 05:30AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but the only way this news is any better,
> is if he was driving Sandusky around on a winding
> road by some cliffs when he passed. Countless kids
> suffered immeasurable abuse because he didn't do
> enough to stop it. Just telling your bosses
> doesn't cut it with child molestation.

Wow, that's the kind of comment that would illicit a "burn in hell" response from someone who actually knows the man and knows the facts of the case, as you clearly know neither.

Date: January 22, 2012 05:32AM

Just want to say that I just read that Paterno really did pass away, and I don't want to sound hateful on this board about anyone especially someone now deceased. Joe you were a great coach now rest in peace.

Date: January 22, 2012 05:50AM

Hopefully something we learn is coaches should move into other positions when they hit their 70's. It is difficult for them to handle changes in era's, and today's era which can be filled with bogus complaints that have to be weed through. You look at the syracuse and now statements of falsified documents, all in search of the almighty dollar!

He reported what he had been told, and from what I had heard wasn't conclusive. That was his job. Others failed to investigate it further and 8-9 years passed. Wouldn't anyone assume the proper investigation had been performed?

We don't really know how much truth there is to this story and what has been fabricated. Why did it take authorities 8-9 years if the evidence was that conclusive? Are they being held accountable?

Years ago in CA there we claims of this in a childcare that ruined peoples lives that were never conclusively proved

He was a good man who made a lasting positive impression.

Date: January 22, 2012 05:56AM

Fin fan 24 , lets get this straight right now. Sandusky is a pig ass that should be fried and will not last in jail. Even inmates have a code. Mcqueery should also be fried because If i saw a man nailing a child, the police wouldnt need to be there, you better call an ambulance so that piece of crap did nothing. Sandusky was not coaching on the team at this team he had already retired. It was not in Joes locker room it was in the wrestling shower and even if it was in his locker room why is it his responsibility any more than anyone elses? He went to ALL of his bosses, and even the campus police. So what did u want him to do?? By the police commissioners own statement they {the state college police} were investigating PSU and sandusky for years. but yet it was joes fault?? seriously???? Everyone knew about this but it was the only freaking way they could get paterno out of coaching. Do i wish he did more? of course Did he have to do more??? no All i am saying is that it shouldnt have fallen at his feet and he shouldnt have to take all the blame, but he has now passed so who cares. it matters no more what happened

Date: January 22, 2012 07:30AM

Finshady, I DO have children. Two boys. Most people consider me the most protective father on earth.

I am also a prosecutor and send child molesters away forever.

Everybody is mad as hell about this.

NO ONE IS DEFENDING SANDUSKY.

But your post basically says, "I don't care if you knew about or not. I don't care if you were fooled or not. If it was going on under your watch you should go to hell with him!"

Same thing with you Dolphaholic. You both BRUSH ASIDE the very likely possibility that McQueary CONCEALED what he had really seen FROM PATERNO.

Dolfans1 was right.

This creep, McQueary, went to his own daddy and they got together and created a sanitized version of what he saw that served McQueary's OWN INTERESTS. Those interests were to stay on the staff himself and not to do anything that would put HIM in a major conflict with SANDUSKY who he probably figured would call him a liar.

And Fin Fan 24, I showered in football in elementary school midget football.

Are you saying there were no showers when you played midget football?

Are you saying that the coaches never showered as well?

Coaches in my school did not use it as an opportunity for molestation.

However, that is why molesters are attracted to activities with children.......TO HAVE ACCESS TO THEM. DUHHHHH!

As long as there are children, there will be molesters trying to get to them. When they are successful in that, you can't blame everybody in sight for not being psychic and preventing it from happening.

Date: January 22, 2012 07:54AM

No we aren't saying their are no showers in midget football. we are saying that the freaking coaches don't need to be anywhere near the showers of their players at all. Unless their are only one set of showers then the kids go first followed by the coaches only after the showers are empty of children by at least an hour afterward. Anyway the coach dosen't get nearly as dirty as the players so why does he need to shower at the park? I don't trust pee wee coaches dammit man their is always some perv around trying to screw some child digusting as hell really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2012 05:52PM by Finshady.

Date: January 22, 2012 09:32AM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 22, 2012 10:02AM

One thing that this mess has made clear to me is that some people will accept any "report" from the media without applying any critical thinking at all, and will accept said report whole, and believe the worst. These are the people that the media crafts these reports for. Do schools even teach critical thinking anymore?

Rick

Date: January 22, 2012 02:51PM

Date: January 22, 2012 03:29PM

So Paterno knew enough to "go to his superiors" and then admited later that he didn't do enough to stop it, and you guys want me to feel sorry for him? No thanks! This was all about the Penn St elite (Paterno included) not wanting to tarnish the legacy, unfortunately countless extra kids had to suffer because of it. I didn't wish him to die, but I damn sure don't care either.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 22, 2012 04:05PM

Do we really need to rehash this?

The guy is dead.

He didn't commit the assault on those kids but he has some culpability for allowing an environment to continue to exist in which such assaults could happen.

He was a great college football coach, and by all accounts a good human being who's legacy will be left in tatters by a bad decision he made in his old age.

He deserved to get fired. He deserves the criticism for failing (even by his own admission) to do enough when this was first brought to his attention.

But that doesn't make the guy evil. Sandusky, if guilty, is EVIL. Paterno was just a frail old man how didn't know how to let go and who, like most human beings, came up short when he was called upon to do the right thing.

I don't think Joe Paterno is deserving of my scorn. Instead, I felt nothing but pity for him.

An now that he's gone, I'm done wasting any more of my time thinking about him.

Date: January 22, 2012 04:34PM

Dolphaholic, he went to his superiors because McQueary old him that the "Second Mile" kids have access to our facilities and I saw Sandusky and a kid slapping towels against each other in the shower while naked and that kind of thing can get us in trouble."

Paterno then went to Penn State and related just that and nothing more because McQueary told him nothing more. Paterno then told his superiors that this type of thing can be viewed as inappropriate and we ought to stop it. The result, Sandusky is ordered to keep kids off the campus.

If you were told the same thing, you would have done the same thing.

Would you go further and allege child molestation? Only if McQueary told you what he told the grand jury and I'm convinced that, for reasons of protecting his own future, he never told anyone what he saw.

You know, it's interesting that none of you "blame Paterno" people have had a word bad to say about McQueary.

BTW, I understand your position, TT (the Truth).

edit: The part about not wanting to discuss it. As shown above, I disagree with your reading of the facts that Paterno knew what McQueary is now alleging he told Paterno. I think its clear McQueary is a LIAR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2012 04:57PM by ChyrenB.

Date: January 22, 2012 05:59PM

When I am at the park or ball field with my children they do not leave my sight. They also do not go to sleep overs, and any camping trips with adults because I don't want to spend time in prison for a crime someone has done against one of my children. But dammit if it hapens then it will be worth whateveer time I get to know that horrible bastard is dead If more parents felt like this then would be much less of this crap going around.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.