HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Joe Paterno reported to have passed away
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Joe Paterno reported to have passed away
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 22, 2012 06:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 22, 2012 06:16PM

where in the world did you hear that all mcqueary told paterno was that he saw sandusky slapping towels in the shower? Paterno testified before the grand jury that Mcqueary told him he saw Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature" to a kid in a shower. slapping towels??? really? even if mcqueary downplayed what occurred to paterno, paterno still was told "fondling" and "sexual" contact occurred in the shower between sandusky and the boy.

Date: January 22, 2012 08:00PM

I'm speculating. There was talk about "horseplay" from the Penn. State administrator. Horseplay in athletic showers usually means towel snapping.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 23, 2012 03:17AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 23, 2012 03:33AM

What I am saying is even if you know the adult or adults in question who might watch your children when your not their can you really trust anyone outside of your immediate family, and close group of friends in this day and time frankly NO. So my kids don't leave my sight, and hopefully I won't have to worry about the monsters out their in the world. Listen this issue is way bigger than me and my children. I just get so mad at what happens to children by adults that I can't stand the fact that these pedophiles are free to be able to destroy lives at random. I really believe something has got to be done about this or what kind of pathetic society have we really become.

Date: January 23, 2012 03:46AM

What it comes down to is that Joe found the legacy he had built was more important then children being Molested. He weighed it and took the Cowards way out. I'm just glad this all came out before he passed away and he had to deal with it head on.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 23, 2012 04:50AM

Joe could have retired 10 years ago to spend more time with his family, and, particularly, his grandkids. Football was his life, which is why the firing killed him. We all now know how much value Paterno placed on children.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2012 04:58AM by montequi.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 23, 2012 04:55AM

I'm speechless at reading this thread.

I'm with you dolphaholic.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 23, 2012 05:20AM

paterno testifed under oath before the grand jury that mcqueary told him something "sexual" occurred in the shower with sandusky and a boy. to equate this to towel snapping is beyond me, unless that can somehow be considered "sexual." yes the word "horseplay" may have been used (I did read that in press accounts but it doesn't appear in the grand jury report as far as I know), but there is no doubt paterno was told about sexual behavior in the showers.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 23, 2012 07:32AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> paterno testifed under oath before the grand jury
> that mcqueary told him something "sexual" occurred
> in the shower with sandusky and a boy. to equate
> this to towel snapping is beyond me, unless that
> can somehow be considered "sexual." yes the word
> "horseplay" may have been used (I did read that in
> press accounts but it doesn't appear in the grand
> jury report as far as I know), but there is no
> doubt paterno was told about sexual behavior in
> the showers.

The thing with Joe, and McQueary, is that they both did what they were LEGALLY required to do...that is report the incident to their bosses.

The sad thing is that they were both in a position to do so much more and actually put an end to Sandusky's behavior.

And as I said in an earlier post, like most human beings they failed to seize that opportunity to do the right thing when extreme circumstances called for men with courage to do the honorable and difficult thing.

Date: January 23, 2012 07:37AM

I agree. I won't slam Paterno for what he did and didn't do. He was a really old guy who probably couldn't wrap his head around what he had been told and it's implications. He reported it to the 2 highest people in the univ, and trusted that they would do what was appropriate. I am sure he's been isolated from the "real world" for so long that he probably couldn't even fathom that this had occurred. As even he said, in retrospect this was not nearly enough.

Date: January 23, 2012 07:38AM

Date: January 23, 2012 08:15AM

Date: January 23, 2012 08:56AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 23, 2012 08:59AM

He did report it to the two men above him.....

He also allowed Sandusky to keep coming around for nearly a decade after his report.......and keep bringing little boys with him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 23, 2012 09:08AM

do you have a substantive response to my post?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:13AM

My opinion about this subject…

First and foremost, give it a f**king rest. Paterno is dead and NONE of you know what really went down in this whole matter. Obviously some mistakes were made, but Joe Paterno was the definition of class in college athletics for like 40-years, with no stains on his record. His ex players love him. He won the right way. He didn’t cheat. His players graduated. Etc. I mean really, what a bunch of negative heat sinking missiles…

For anyone to believe that Paterno was FULLY AWARE of what was going on and simply ignored it – especially for the sake of his own selfish motives, that’s just pure trash IMO. You didn’t know the man. So “judge” the greater body of his work as opposed to speculating on this one issue.

My .02

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2012 09:14AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: January 23, 2012 09:43AM

Date: January 23, 2012 09:48AM

So you go ahead, teenage girl aka Berkeley223 aka inferiority complex, and out of the option of either blaming 1) the guy who did it (Sandusky) or 2) the guy who by his own admission (except in lying to his friend in a twitter) did NOTHING to stop it and had to wait 24 hours before even reporting it to the coach (McQueary) or 3) the man (Paterno) who had to get the report through this sneaky POS (McQueary), you go ahead and choose to blame Paterno.

Date: January 23, 2012 09:52AM

no, I believe Paterno's sworn grand jury testimony. However for you to understand that would require some level of reading comprehension on your part, which you clearly lack---both of the grand jury report which I posted in response to your request for the testimony, and of my earlier post in this thread where I specifically said I do not blame Paterno.

As far as I know, the only person who reported "towel snapping" was Sandusky---and I guess from that we know whose word you take.

Date: January 23, 2012 09:54AM

Boy, you really have an inferiority complex don't you?

Date: January 23, 2012 09:55AM

good come back

Date: January 23, 2012 10:00AM

It's the only one that's appropriate, Mr. I'm ignoring you.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:14AM

I feel sorry that all of the good Joe paterno did during his tenure, has been overshadowed by such a horrible event of someone underneath him...
DO I think Joe handled it wrong, obviously. THe results prove that, do i think Joe Pa, is to blame..... I dont... F*cked up horrible people exist in this world, and get over on people all the time..
I feel for his family and his legacy... And I also feel for the victims.. It is just a horrible situation... I just feel that people wanted to paint Paterno, with the same broad brush stroke as Sandusky, and I think that is beyound wrong...
Sandusky is responsible for himself and his actions, nobody else.. Placing all this blame on a man who was 75 year old plus, with the magnitude of resposbilities he has, I wouldnt expect Joe Pa to be the guy that should have or would handled this type of situation... Should he of handled it differently, 100 percent... Is it his faults, no... Shoulded he branded as child molestors accomplice, I dont believe so... Just my opinion..

Date: January 23, 2012 10:49AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 23, 2012 11:13AM

BNF said to give it a rest...I'm going to do that with this thread.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.