HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          COACH PHILBIN!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: COACH PHILBIN!!!
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:26AM

DA TRUUTH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The same Phinsfan2 also believed Jonathan Beck to
> be the answer. Once that became unpopular then
> hitched his wagon to Chad Henne.
>
> See a pattern?

More nonsense...

Except the Henne part. There was a time after he hit Ginn on that bomb to beat the Jets that wonderful monday nite that I thought he might have a future here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2012 04:30AM by THE Truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:38AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> da truuth you are making comments only someone
> who's been on this board for 5 years would know,
> yet you just registered. who were you before? not
> mia1 I know....

Don't bother Berk.

Your trying to reason with the unreasonable. With someone who hides behind multiple internet personalities because he lacks the courage to stand behind the bullcrap he posts.

Pathetic.

Posted by: DA TRUUTH ()
Date: January 21, 2012 05:08AM

All that backpedaling must be tiring Phinsfan2.

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: January 21, 2012 05:13AM

I'm just happy to have a guy who might have some understanding that in the 2010's you need a top QB to be competitive. How long has it been since we had a coach that really valued the QB position properly?

- Sparano. I think Tony would have loved to run Denver's style offense and that Pat White was supposed to be "our" Tebow. He ended up with Henne who was a good guy to drop back and hit open guys but wasn't the greatest at touch passing or making snap decisions required by complicated passing routes.

- Cameron. I honestly think this guy did (and does) think he could make anyone into a good QB.

- Saban. Hard to tell, but since he turned into a whiny turncoat b!tch when the NFL wasn't as cushy as he was hoping, I can't really judge anything about his ability to coach in the NFL.

- Wanny. I still @#$%& hate this guy so much. Fielder was a decent QB but as we all learned, he could be the caretaker for a 10 win regular season team but he wasn't going to win you anything in the playoffs.

- JJ. His immediate changes to the team were to shackle Marino and run the ball over and over even when it wasn't working. This was probably necessary and in the late 90's you could win this way, but still. Maybe if he had decided to coach some more rather than turning the team over to Wannstedt he would have gone for a QB.

(I skipped Bates and Bowles as they were never really in charge)

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 21, 2012 06:12AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 21, 2012 06:40AM

Henne's jerseys are all on sale and have been, but they're even cheaper now. Of course we know he's gone.

But now so are Marshall's & Long's. Hmm...trade bait?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 21, 2012 08:28AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 21, 2012 08:35AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 21, 2012 09:33AM

Flynn has proven himself to be...so far at least, a winner.

He had a 14-2 record in college and he has a 1-1 record in the NFL. Both of his starts in the NFL were against playoff teams so that ads a bit of luster too. Yes, that isn't as impressive overall as guys like Luck and Griffin but it does show quite a bit as well.

Flynn has shown throughout his career so far, that he can, and usually will, rise to the occasion. Every time he's had an oppotunity to play he's done well, even against the best/better teams, that says a lot too. That may or my not continue...but I think that he's certainly worth the shot because our draft picks will be very, very valuable to us in the terms of getting the team to, and keeping it at, the next level.

Moore IMHO, has not peaked yet as far as his ability to play the pro game goes...I also think he is accurate enough to play in a west coast system. I just think its prudent for us to hedge our bets by either taking Flynn or signing Griffin. (I am all for trading up to take Griffin but only if we can do it within reason) I'd even be very pleased with us drafting Tannehill as a third option depending upon what the cost of trading up vs the cost of signing Flynn turns out to be.

For me its simple...don't mortgage the farm for a single player.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 18, 2015 09:50AM

Yay!!! We got Philbin!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.