HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RG III show going on right now
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
RG III show going on right now
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 29, 2011 04:15PM

Any chance he drops to us?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RG III show going on right now
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 29, 2011 04:17PM

Oh you know im tuned in!!! and not a chance against washington, they have one of the worst defenses in the nation. if baylor loses it will be in a shootout and griffin will look good again as he has the entire year (hope i didnt jinx him)

Date: December 29, 2011 04:18PM

weewww what a show!!! he is the real deal son!!!

Date: December 29, 2011 04:57PM

RG3 now thats heisman right there... lets see luck excite a crowd like that. Great run and yes he is also an outstanding passer.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 05:03PM

Reminds me of Randall Cunningham

Date: December 29, 2011 05:13PM

or what randall could have been if he had a proper coaching staff to develop his passing ability more. he had a cannon arm and unfortunately he never reached his potential in his prime. RG3 is there...

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 05:41PM

i dont think randall ever had the accuracy that RGIII has. he has made some nice passes on the move. his pocket presence is also very impressive

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:21AM

I finally got to watch RG3. He certainly is athletic and excellent on the move. However, I am not convinced that his skills will make him an elite franchise QB in the NFL. Some team in dire need of a QB will pick him up early--he will be gone before any Fins pick, IMO. I wish him the best, as he's a sharp young player and exciting to watch.

Defenses in the NFL are faster and better than what he's played against. I wonder about his durability. We are going to find out.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 30, 2011 03:31AM

No, he doesnt remind me of Randall. Randall had a huge wind-up. RG3's technique is perfect.

He has one of the quickest releases I have ever seen.

RG3 is the real deal. Mark May and Lou Holtz said at Halftime that RG3 should be the #1 pick over Andrew Luck. They said he is the best QB they have seen in a long time.

I agree with them.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 30, 2011 03:48AM

I was impressed with his quick reads and quick release.

I think he might just go number 1

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 04:27AM

he looks a little short to me. plus a lot of his passes are short screens, not too many nfl-type plays run, and he is never under center. plus I worry he'll be hurt all the time given his size and style of play. those are my concerns with him.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 04:51AM

His combination of arm strength and accuracy are uncanny, like i have never seen before. Reminds me of a combination of Warren Moon, Jm Kelly and Steve Young. The never under center sh*ts just a myth. This kid is smart and what I like about him he checks his reads before he takes off
and run. I liked Randall Cunningham but he trusted his legs as much as he did his arm. RG II has faith in his arm. If I drafted him I definately would not call designed runs for this kid. It would be 'if you wanna run play RB kid, you are a qb'. I think he will be special in the nfl.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 30, 2011 06:19AM

Berk,

The guy is 220+. He is not Vick (200).

And if you watched the game last night you would have heard Chris Spielman say that 75% of their passes are downfield passes.

The only reason why they were throwing short screens is because Washington continued to play in a deep cover 2 all night. The announcers spoke of it, over and over.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 30, 2011 06:43AM

ESPN was running a ticker below the game with a draft prediction for guys playing, McShay (I think it was McShay) had RG3 as the 3rd best QB and 10th overall draft talent. Think that was before Barkley bowed out? If not who's #2???????

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: December 30, 2011 07:14AM

Not a fan.
-Pure Pocket passers have better success in the NFL.They take less hits.Plays develop quicker. Plays have better execution.(Marino,Manning,Brees,Rodgers,Brady,etc)

-Running Qb's always end up getting the crap knocked out of them and it takes a toll on them after a few seasons.
When a qb takes off with the ball and decides to create something on his own he is the only one that knows whats going on it disrupts the execution of the play.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 30, 2011 08:08AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Berk,
>
> The guy is 220+. He is not Vick (200).
>
> And if you watched the game last night you would
> have heard Chris Spielman say that 75% of their
> passes are downfield passes.
>
> The only reason why they were throwing short
> screens is because Washington continued to play in
> a deep cover 2 all night. The announcers spoke of
> it, over and over.

Thanks A & O, I was concerned about his size being small but 220 is about optimum because you would not want a 260 QB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 08:09AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 08:58AM

he looks small to me, I don't know. he may be listed at 220, but he seems short and smaller than that. I guess we'll see at the combine what he measures at.

Date: December 30, 2011 09:51AM

this height business is a thing of the past. I dont understand why people are still stuck on the old method of quarterbacking. This is not the 60's anymore, it is a new era and i am very grateful to see the "Dual" threat qb taking there place. if you are mobile you create your own passing lanes you dont just stand like a statue and have to be 6'5'' to see over the line, that is now a bunch of brain mojo for people who still want to believe that.

Anyway I am happy to see that RG3 has generated enough momentum to go to the NFL as a qb. the sad thing is that in the pass a guy like him would have been converted to a wr. just let that sit...

Date: December 30, 2011 11:03AM

I haven't seen enough of him to be overly critical, but I do share concern about his durability. He's not a big framed guy, and sure doesn't look to be 220. He appears smaller than 220. TV is deceptive though.

Date: December 30, 2011 11:29AM

well colonel it will take some time but that whole scrambling qb getting hurt thing is a myth that I think it will take some time to get rid of. The reality is that qb's get injured, everyone does it is part of the game but qb's primarily get hurt throwing from the pocket. Tell me the last time you seen ANY qb get hurt scrambling past the LOS and did not have to give up there body for a first or touchdown? just one example any time in history... i am hear for you or anyone to say i aint going any where smiling smiley And then i will give 20 examples of qb's seriously injured from the pocket, in this decade alone!!!

Date: December 30, 2011 11:40AM

I still think if we have the oppourtunity , we go for Andrew Luck. Keep your eyes on the Prize Gentlemen. But I guess it will come down to who is hired as a coach and what kind of offense they want. These are Two very good, but different prospects.

Date: December 30, 2011 12:29PM

But what if Luck is gone, Treasure?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:32PM

Date: December 30, 2011 12:48PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But what if Luck is gone, Treasure?

Oh absolutely! I love the guy. His make up, intelligence, work ethic.....its all Top Notch. Great Kid , great addition to any football club. Personally I's like to see a classic pass first offense. Thats what I see , wins championships. I'd like Luck, but I'm not the next coach of the Miami Dolphins. I'd like that person to make up his mind and go after the one he thinks is right for this club. Give them what they want and go after one of them. thumbs up

The Fans won't take a Top lineman prospect this time around. I'll take Pics of the Dump Irlend plane on Sunday at the stadium. Should be funny.

Date: December 30, 2011 01:14PM

So are you saying that if Luck is gone, you'd would draft RGIII?

THe problem is that you are using to many pronouns. In your post above who is "he" in each instance?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 01:15PM by ChyrenB.

Date: December 30, 2011 04:15PM

Although RG3 has ability he is not the first dual threat qb that has that type of ability and could be an elite nfl prospect. The first that i saw was dennis dixon (oregon). If we cant get RG3 i would send pittsburg my 3rd rounder for him. Trust me dixon is a beast and if he did not get hurt his senior year the ducks have won the nation championship and dixon the hiesman. he would have been drafted either #1 or #2 overall.

Date: December 30, 2011 06:10PM

Miami Reppa--You are reading too much into my two prior posts. I'm not concerned about RGIII's mobility, but his size. He appears to be small-framed despite the claim that he weighs in at 220. Further, I'm not comparing a stand in the pocket QB to one that has mobility. I personally prefer a QB that can avoid the rush, scramble until someone is open, or if not, dash for a few positive yards.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 31, 2011 05:51AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 31, 2011 06:02AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 31, 2011 08:05AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.