HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RG III show going on right now
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RG III show going on right now
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 31, 2011 08:59AM

No thanks, his cons are stuff you can't teach; Football IQ, pocket awareness & accuracy.......next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: December 31, 2011 10:50AM

A heck of a player. The QB I wanted earlier this season while he was under the radar.

Too late now.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: December 31, 2011 10:57AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finally an article about Robert Griffin that makes
> sense on why what he does in college won't
> translate into the pro game. I know alot of
> people are enamoured with this QB, but to me he is
> fools gold and not worthy of a 1st round
> selection. Here is the article from Omar Kelley
> enjoys folks.Robert Griffin As I said before I
> would rather draft a QB that played in a pro style
> offense in college because the learning curve is
> that much smaller. Seems like I could maybe right
> on this one, but only time will tell.

I disagree. RG3 throws lazer on out patterns, is accurate 30 yards downfield, and is very hard to bring down. All will make him a great pro.

Also, Omar is wrong to say RG3 only throws timing patterns. He does some pocket passing, some reads, and looks a lot like Elway when he gets pressure.

Barring injury, you are looking at a Future HOFer.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:29PM

Yes maybe in arena football. A HOF'er really just goes to show how some people are just so enamoured with athletic QB's that they lose all sense and reasoning.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:31PM

Asked what of my friends who had seen the Baylor game and knew nothing of this chatboard did RG appear to be 220 to him and he said no.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 31, 2011 05:40PM

whether he is 220 or not he still needs to add some weight. if he is 220 right now then i think he could add another ten pounds to his frame no problem.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 31, 2011 06:08PM

Based on that evaluation Harnish sounds a lot like Henne.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2011 06:09PM by montequi.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 01, 2012 04:18AM

Everybody knows what finshady is around here...

He is a R@_____. Well, you fill in the blank.

I can tell you this, he went crazy prior to the 2011 draft that Cam Newton was gonna suck, now Cam had the greatest rookie year in the history of the sport, and he still wont give him credit.

Now, he is saying the same thing about RG3, yet he has never ever seen him play.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2012 05:39AM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: January 01, 2012 05:00AM

I saw him play againgst Ok State, and they lost big time. You need to stop throwing racist remarks at me son because you don't know me or where I come from or what my background is. I don't think his game or Newton's game translates into a consistant franchise QB at the pro level. Say what you want about Newton his teams record speaks for itself. whereas Matt Ryan led his team to the playoffs in his 1st season with a rookie coach to boot. I don't care what your stats are did he win enough no will he ever no because it's about stats to him, and not about winning as a team. Newton was a selfish player in college, and that trend continues now. The greatest rookie seaon ever huh. Well then he must of lead his team to a superbowl victory NOT. I don't like QB's who played under the spread offense in college being a QB in the pro's , and now that makes me a racist go figure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2012 06:07PM by Finshady.

Date: January 01, 2012 05:40AM

Ok, maybe you arent racist.

But just plain dumb. You proved the fact with saying those comments about Newton, after he is proved to be a good QB.

---------------------

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 01, 2012 07:06AM

well then marino must have sucked because he never won anything. Cam had the best rookie season in history and his team won at least 5 more games than last year, I don't know how you can continue to slam him.

Date: January 01, 2012 12:06PM

What school did he play for,and never go to class oh yeah Auburn that's why. Can't stand the school, and their dumb ass fans. Can't stand Newton because he let those rednecks rent him for one season so that they could win a championship. I have said this repeatedly about Aburn and Newton. He and his greedy father brought down the level of college athletics to who was going to bid the highest. I feel we should be better than that win at any cost B. S. that that pathetic school and their fans have. For that reason I can't stand Newton, and those dumb ass redneck Auburn fans.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 01, 2012 12:07PM

finshady, who is your college team?

Date: January 01, 2012 12:15PM

by the way Newton looked very below average today. Like I said before it's only a matter of time until teams figure out how to take away what he does well away. He has to learn to stay in the pocket, and read defenses. If he can't then he won't have the career most of you think that he is going to have period.

Date: January 01, 2012 04:27PM

Money is on Alabama, Berk.

---------------------

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 01, 2012 05:40PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw him play againgst Ok State, and they lost
> big time. You need to stop throwing racist
> remarks at me son because you don't know me or
> where I come from or what my background is. I
> don't think his game or Newton's game translates
> into a consistant franchise QB at the pro level.
> Say what you want about Newton his teams record
> speaks for itself. whereas Matt Ryan led his team
> to the playoffs in his 1st season with a rookie
> coach to boot. I don't care what your stats are
> did he win wnough no will he ever no because it's
> about stats to him, and not about winning as a
> team. Newton was a selfish player in college, and
> that trend continues now. The greatest rookie
> seaon ever huh. Well then he must of lead his
> team to a superbowl victory NOT. I don't like
> QB's who played under the spread offense in
> college being a QB in the pro's , and now that
> makes me a racist go figure.

I know you don't like Newton for some reason and I share some of your concerns about spread offense QB's transitioning to the NFL because its hard to shake the 1 read and take off mentality...but dude...his record on a terrible Carolina team means NOTHING.

He won 6 games on a team with as little supporting talent as any in football.

To put that in perspective, if you add the rookie seasons of Elway, Aikman and Peyton Manning together they won a combined 7 games.

Now maybe you can make the argument that the rules as they exist today make it easier for a spread QB to succeed in the NFL than 20 years ago, but that doesn't change the fact that Newton put together the best rookie season by any QB EVER. And unless he's one of the only players in NFL history to play that position and fail to get BETTER with experience, then he is clearly going to be a star at this level for the foreseeable future.

Date: January 01, 2012 06:27PM

Well I can't stand Alabama because of Nick the dick Saban being at the helm. Besides their fans are just as dumb and redneck as the Auburn fans. Has anyone ever noticed those two dumb ass white girls that dress alike and are always at every game. The camera tends to show them every game cheering with their southern hospitality southern drawls. It's quite hilarious that the two women act like they care about who wins when in reality they go because they can be seen by all the other rednecks in attendance at the game. And also by those on TV who aren't as fortunate to be able to have a rich daddy that can get tickets to all the games. So I think I might hate Alabama more because of Saban, and those two dumb ass girls who dress alike in bear Bryant colors really what a freaking disgusting joke. To answer your question I don't really have a team except I usually root for the SEC to lose, and I kind of like the cornhuskers of Nebraska however I really don't care if they lose any more to be honest. I would rather watch a game without a rooting interest because to me you can watch the game more clearly if you aren't pulling for one team or the other.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.