HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Marshall can't catch
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brandon Marshall can't catch
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 18, 2011 09:12AM

Brandon Marshall (19) can't catch! He's had two drops in the end zone. What an over rated player. Geez! thumbs down

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon Marshall can't catch
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 18, 2011 09:15AM

The guy is terrible. Terrible. We need to trade him for whaever we can get.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 09:53AM

He caught that one and stiff armed his way to the end zone....beastly!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 09:55AM

what was that a 65 yard TD, probably the longest of the season and over a 1000 yards again..... defintely terrible

Date: December 18, 2011 10:15AM

Well....getting the ball stripped away from you by a guy 50 pounds less is terrible.

beastly!?

---------------------

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 18, 2011 10:19AM

people react to one or two plays to often. He is a perennial 1000 yard receiver. When was the last time we had a guy of that caliber. Big TE build with the ability to bully his way to the endzone. Yeah he drops some balls but overall he is not terrible he is an elite probowl level player. And if we trade him what do we have? hartline? bess? gates? i mean come on really!?!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 10:33AM

i agree, marshsall is not the problem at all.

Date: December 18, 2011 10:41AM

Berk,

I dont think Marshall is *THE* problem, but I think he is *A* problem. He is a diva, he makes bone-headed mistakes. He cost us the first 4 games of this season with dropped passes in the end zone, and if we were playing a legit team today, we may be losing for his 2 drops today in the end zone.

---------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 10:58AM

a and o, we are not such a good team that we can cut a perrenial 1000 yd receiver bc he drops passes in the end zone. throw to somewhere else in the endzone then

Date: December 18, 2011 11:03AM

no no no, I dont want us to cut him, that would be the stupidest move in the history of football.

But you trade him for picks. Thats the avenue you take.

---------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 11:09AM

we'd get a 3d for him at best. I'd rather have marshall.

I am totally pissed that w let cj spiller have a career game today. totally lost me my fantasy playoffs!!

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 18, 2011 11:27AM

yeah we are married to marshall, we need to build a wr core around him. Personally i have never seen a wr rough up revis on his own island like marshall did in there last meeting... He no question is a keeper. we already gave up i think a second and lots of money, no way we even think about trading atleast not for another 3 years.

Date: December 18, 2011 11:38AM

I refuse to root for psycho selfish players who are a detrement(?sp.) to my team, Berk.

---------------------

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 18, 2011 11:52AM

Marshall is a problem at times but he's the best we have for WR. The problem with us is Hartline. He simply disappears too often and dosen't do enough when he is producing. We needed to draft someone with size AND speed...like Demarius Thomas. He, or someone like him, would have been a great compliment...size and great speed in Thomas, Size and toughness from Marshall, quickness from Bess, and the homerun ball from Gates would be very difficult to defend. Then add in the talent and speed of Bush to the power of Thomas in the running game and we would have been in VERY good shape offensively...We'd have been minus a homerun threat at TE, a potential world class upgrade at QB, and a two new OL guys.

Four players away from a possible dynasty isn't a bad position to be in.

Hartline should have been the odd man out two years ago.

Date: December 18, 2011 12:01PM

I understand he is the best. I know that. But, I still think he is a detrement to a team.

BTW....in my opinion, the reason we dont see more spectacular catches from Hartline like we did today, is because if you dont pass Marshall the ball, he will start bitching.

---------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 12:10PM

Hartline dosent do enough in any part of the game...short medium, or long balls. I agree that Marshall might bitch, but you do whats best for the offense even if that thing isn't 10 catches a game for Brandon.

Also, Marshall has been "pretty" quiet this season...so bitching isn't something he's been doing a lot of lately.

Date: December 18, 2011 12:11PM

Hes been quiet because he has been targeted 95% of the pass plays, and he also in 2nd in the league in drops.

---------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 12:23PM

Come on man, We've thrown 385 passes this season, prior to todays game. Marshall was targeted 118 times and caught 67. By comparrison Bess 71/42, Bush 48/40, Hartline 47/26, and Fasano 44/26.

Facts are its more like 30% of the time he's targeted.

Date: December 18, 2011 12:30PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what was that a 65 yard TD, probably the longest
> of the season and over a 1000 yards again.....
> defintely terrible

LOL! Man some of you are so knee Jerk its not funny. Brandon Marshall is a beast.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 12:35PM

if he didnt drop so many i would say hes a beast but he wilts when we need him most...that said he is our best reciever and hopefully next year if we are more in th ethick of things he steps things up a notch and earns the name beast but at this point he is just a good strong reciever who tends to drop the ball when you need him most...i guess what im saying is he doesnt always play up to his god given ability (which is at a much higher level than most wrs)

Date: December 18, 2011 02:58PM

Date: December 18, 2011 03:08PM

I agree Colonel.

He is one of the biggest underachievers in the entire NFL.

---------------------

Date: December 19, 2011 04:18AM

Well if 1000 yds is underachieving....Most of the recievers in the NFL Suck . Can he do better? Sure . But to say he sucks and can't catch is just incorrect.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:27AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Well if 1000 yds is underachieving....Most of the
> recievers in the NFL Suck . Can he do better? Sure
> . But to say he sucks and can't catch is just
> incorrect.

It's underachieving if he had a lot of balls hit him in both hands that he dropped. You're using the 1000 yard statistic as an example--great. How about the statistic of how many passes he's dropped?

By your logic, Almost all of the receivers in the NFL are Great, because they don't drop as many as he does.

For the record I don't want him traded unless we get a great deal draft-pick wise. He's improved his attitude, now he needs to improve his grip on the rock.

Date: December 19, 2011 05:34AM

Never said there was not room for improvment. But saying he sucks and can't catch at all is incorrect.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:56AM

Marshall can't catch. I totally agree with dat.

Date: December 19, 2011 06:30AM

Rmorc13 Wrote:
> Marshall can't catch. I totally agree with dat.

Name last reciever we had that went for 1000 Yds......was it OJ Mcduffie? he might even hit 1200. Yeah.....he's horrible. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 19, 2011 07:28AM

And while you're at it, name the last receiver we had who dropped that many TD passes.

(edited to add two words I'd forgotten)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 07:29AM by JC.

Date: December 19, 2011 07:30AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 19, 2011 09:59AM

All a receiver has to do is to get free and catch the ball.

It a guy is drilling rivets for a living, once he gets past his rookie stage, he should only make the mistake of screwing up a single rivet as a rare occasion, maybe one a year.

For a receiver to drop as many balls right in his hands as often as Marshall does, one has to question whether his ability to get free does us any good if all he's going to do is drop the damn ball.

But for the fact that other teams probably figure that if he was by himself then that would increase the odds that he WOULDN'T drop the ball, they probably would figure it would not make sense to cover him at all since he's not going to catch the damn ball anyway.

I say get what you can but if no one will deal, use him as a decoy only and never really intend to throw the damn ball to him.

He's number one on my player list of get rid ofs. AND NO, NOBODY'S SAYING GET RID OF HIM FOR NOTHING. THAT'S STUPID TO EVEN PUT ON US.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.