HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What about Daboll OR Nolan for coach?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What about Daboll OR Nolan for coach?
Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: December 15, 2011 02:36PM

~Brian Daboll~

-He is CREATIVE and has an UNORTHODOX style(WHICH I FEEL IS THE #1 KEY TO BEING A GREAT COACH IN THE NFL).

-He is able to move the ball and score points.

-He has got the most out of guys like P. Hillis, and R.Bush.

-He has improved and gotten the most out of some less popular QB'S: Delhomme,D. Anderson, M. Moore ,adn Henne.

-He knows the roster and they know his system.

-I think Nolan should stay his DC if he is coach.

~Mike Nolan~

-He is a well respected DC with a good track record.

-He knows the roster and they know him.

-I think he should keep Daboll as OC if he is coach because that is something he was missing when he coached in S.F.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about Daboll OR Nolan for coach?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 15, 2011 02:51PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
are you on CRACK???

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 15, 2011 03:19PM

It wouldn't work, Daboll dresses like a slob and Nolan likes to wear suits.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 15, 2011 03:45PM

I think Nolan would be interesting because of the continuity he'd preserve. He is very respected by the players...both here and on other teams. He's very smart and very good at what he does . He's also been a head coach before so he's got a really good idea as to what works and what dosen't in today's NFL. I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever in keeping Daboll as the OC but at this point in his career I would not promote him to head coach...because of his lack of track record and his inexperience. That isn't to say he won't be ready one day, just not now.

There are a lot of positives in promoting Nolan...but he wouldn't be my first phone call, although I'd do everything possible including throwing truckloads of money at him to keep him as the DC.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 15, 2011 04:02PM

RAAAAAAAALLLLPPPHHHHHH.

(thats the sound of me throwing up.)

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 15, 2011 04:46PM

man our standards have fallen big time around here

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 15, 2011 06:10PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
> are you on CRACK???

My name is ChyrenB and I approve this message.

Date: December 16, 2011 02:46AM

I would have trouble giving my car to either of them and asking them to wash it let alone run a NFL football club. ARE YOU Fing Serious? After this past decade of shite you want to turn over the keys to a bunch of guys that won 4 games this year and blew how many 4 qr leads? Lay off the sauce Bro....

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 17, 2011 07:52AM

i love the thought of promoting daboll... i love the changes he has made in our offense and he is not scared to throw the football, infact i think that he is obsessed with it!!! What i absolutely HATED was the years before him when we were 1 and 10 at the goal and we would run 3 straight times for 3 yards and then kick a fieldgoal. With daboll at the helm he will get the weapons he needs to really make this offense go. Also he has been here for a year so maybe the housecleaning wont be as great.

He is our guy I hopw he gets the job... is he ready? no one can tell, we need a fresh mind.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 17, 2011 08:20AM

no to daboll. daboll hasn't even proven that he is a big time OC. let him prove that first. he has had moderate success in his first year here but that doesnt mean he is HC material. we need someone who has had a lot of success and knows how to replicate that success here in miami.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:47AM

I find it hilarious that after a 4 win season that got our HC fired people here actually are thinking that promoting the OC or DC to HC is a good idea.

QUESTION: would any of the teams looking for a HC interview either of these guys (partucularly Daboll)? ANSWER: HELL NO, but we should hire one of them??

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 17, 2011 12:32PM

How about Cam Cameron? He's an OC! Oh...wait...

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: December 17, 2011 01:33PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I find it hilarious that after a 4 win season that
> got our HC fired people here actually are thinking
> that promoting the OC or DC to HC is a good idea.
>
> QUESTION: would any of the teams looking for a HC
> interview either of these guys (partucularly
> Daboll)? ANSWER: HELL NO, but we should hire one
> of them??

-After a 4-12 season under coach M.Sherman the Packers replaced him with coordinator M.McCarthy.

-After a 5-11 season under coach B. Billick the Ravens replaced him with coordinator J. Harbaugh.

-After a 6-10 season under coach J. Fisher the Titans replaced him with coordinator M. Munchak.

-After a 1-7 start to the season Cowboys coach W. Phillips was replaced by coordinator J. Garrett.

Just to name a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 01:41PM by sleekdogg.

Date: December 17, 2011 02:12PM

sleekdogg Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I find it hilarious that after a 4 win season
> that
> > got our HC fired people here actually are
> thinking
> > that promoting the OC or DC to HC is a good
> idea.
> >
> > QUESTION: would any of the teams looking for a
> HC
> > interview either of these guys (partucularly
> > Daboll)? ANSWER: HELL NO, but we should hire
> one
> > of them??
>
> -After a 4-12 season under coach M.Sherman the
> Packers replaced him with coordinator
> M.McCarthy.
>
> -After a 5-11 season under coach B. Billick the
> Ravens replaced him with coordinator J. Harbaugh.
>
> -After a 6-10 season under coach J. Fisher the
> Titans replaced him with coordinator M. Munchak.
>
> -After a 1-7 start to the season Cowboys coach W.
> Phillips was replaced by coordinator J. Garrett.
>
> Just to name a few.

you are way off.
Harbaugh came from the Eagles.
Fisher resigned abruptly months into the offseason, there was no time to get anyone else so they went with Muchak.
Garret took over as interim when Phillips was canned mid season---he did a good job so they make him HC, and he was always considered "coach in waiting" in dallas.

none of these are comparable to a team with a losing record firing their coach, then after the season selecting their coordiator from among other candidates as HC.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 18, 2011 12:03PM

yeah but the point is NO ONE knows who will work out. Just because a guy is great at OC or DC does not mean he will be good head coach material. Everyone and there momma was after spagnuola and the rams landed him... tell me how thats working out? he is probably done after this year. all that hype. I like what i have seen from daboll and his philosophy. I looked at his history

1997-2000 college coaching
2000-2006 pats wr coach
2007-2008 Jets qb coach
2009-2010 Clevland OC
2011- miami dolphins

What difference is a few more years going to do? and i dont understand how people can make reference to how many teams want someone, you should do your own homework. What glitters isnt always gold. anyway he has been in our division for a decade and more importantly he knows the coaches here and i hope wont change much. I believe he is our best option...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 12:24PM by Miami Reppa.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 01:37PM

I think that the biggest question that needs answering is "what's the bigger problem on this team, personnel or coaching?"

Red zone scoring issues: Why do they continually settle for FGs? Is it poor playcalling (coaching problem), or is it too little talent on the o-line, lack of a power RB, and/or lack of an elite QB (personnel problem)? The only TDs today came from outside of the red zone. When they're inside the 10 it seems that they can only get FGs (with or without Sparano). Sure, they ran very well, but only between the 20s (except for Reggie's TD).

Defense: What's with the defense almost giving away the game? They put pressure on Fitzpatrick until the 4th quarter and then stopped, giving up 16 points. I though that we were going to lose a 4th quarter lead AGAIN! Is this due to poor playcalling (almost every game this happens) on the part of Nolan, or is it lack of quality playmakers?

Honestly, I don't know what the problem is, whether it's coaching or lack of quality personnel (Ireland's fault). Both are probably to blame. If I were Ross, I would not consider Daboll, Bowles, or Nolan as HC until this question can be answered.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 18, 2011 02:48PM

gofins60 Wrote:
> I think that the biggest question that needs
> answering is "what's the bigger problem on this
> team, personnel or coaching?"

RE: My vote is personnel.
>
> Red zone scoring issues: Why do they continually
> settle for FGs? Is it poor playcalling (coaching
> problem), or is it too little talent on the
> o-line, lack of a power RB, and/or lack of an
> elite QB (personnel problem)? The only TDs today
> came from outside of the red zone. When they're
> inside the 10 it seems that they can only get FGs
> (with or without Sparano). Sure, they ran very
> well, but only between the 20s (except for
> Reggie's TD).

RE: Its because we don't have quick players that can get open very quickly. Most of our recievers are of the plodding type. Marshall while big, tall, and physical is far from quick, same for Hartline and Fasano. The only players we have that fit that bill are Bush, and Bess...not nearly enough. Then we have had our unsettled QB position...and a scheme that hasen't used enough short quick routes...because of our players. That's one reason the Pat's are so tough to stop...everyone is quick and shifty, gets open quickly and has a very decisive QB throwing the ball on short drops.
>
> Defense: What's with the defense almost giving
> away the game? They put pressure on Fitzpatrick
> until the 4th quarter and then stopped, giving up
> 16 points. I though that we were going to lose a
> 4th quarter lead AGAIN! Is this due to poor
> playcalling (almost every game this happens) on
> the part of Nolan, or is it lack of quality
> playmakers?

RE: Prevent defenses suck...and soft coverages do too. Not a huge fan of schemes that preach bend don't break. Too many times they do break. I like hard hitting stick it to thier asses schemes...if the offense wants yardage they should have to take it every step of the way.
>
> Honestly, I don't know what the problem is,
> whether it's coaching or lack of quality personnel
> (Ireland's fault). Both are probably to blame. If
> I were Ross, I would not consider Daboll, Bowles,
> or Nolan as HC until this question can be
> answered.

RE: Agreed it's a it of both.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 07:56PM

And, our 5 wins have come against poor opponents. We lose to the upper-echelon teams. Not only are our players not as good as those on "elite" teams, but we are constantly out-coached, too. We need upgrades at a number of starting positions, and we also need to improve the quality of our back-ups. Four years of constant turnover at the bottom of the roster and poor player development has done nothing for the depth of this team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.