HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Matt Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Matt Moore
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:10AM

if he keeps playing like this we might not draft a QB with our 1st pick. I know I might be crazy, but Moore can play in this league. What do you guys think about Moore winning the job full time for the near future? By the near future I mean for the next few years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Moore
Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:15AM

No.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:16AM

i agree, no. take a qb #1

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:17AM

I'll be more than happy if Moore turns out to be a long term answer, and an elite QB.

But we still need to draft a QB in the first round.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:31AM

Date: November 20, 2011 11:36AM

my cautionary tale on moore is ryan fitzpatrick. buff just gave him a huge deal but I think he's proven himself to be just average

Date: November 20, 2011 11:37AM

I don't know fellas he is playing pretty well to maybe be the long term answer.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:45AM

I don't think we take the chance if we can get Barkley or Luck. If I were Henne, I would like my chances better somewhere else than Miami. I think if he shakes the little boy attitude, gets tough and takes control, which includes learning how to shake off the playcalls of idiots like Sparano and his last two OCs, and lastly go somewhere where the receivers can catch hot balls, he'll be great in this league, but not in Miami. Separation is best for both parties.

Moore shows he has the talent to be a top flight NFL QB. But he's got to use better judgement than as was shown by that scramble, scramble, scramble play where he ended up getting sacked after having many opportunities to just throw the ball in the cheap seats. That failure cost us about 20 yards on the fourth down punt. But we definitely hold on to him but just not to the extent that we don't draft QB first.

In short, Henne's injury (coupled with his upcoming free agency) moved QB from not a position of need to one of a position of need.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:49AM

Moore has been servicable. I dont think you can judge yet, it has just been 4 games as a starter people. And to be honest i would bet that most people on this board have not watched those games, just this one and maybe last week. I dont think we should jump the gun cause those same people who are saying keep moore and drop henne are the same people that will be saying that moore sucks if we lose bad the next two games... too early to tell.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:54AM

If Moore keeps playing like this, then I don't see us re-signing Henne. Moore's play should not affect our draft strategy, though. What COULD change our draft strategy is if we keep winning and lose our chance at Barkley, RGIII, and Jones.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:57AM

I really don't see Henne as a realistic option for the future from either his standpoint or ours.

I just don't think discussing him is engaging in reality. He's gone.

The question is do we rely on Moore and pass on QB for the first round (even pass on RG III) and go elsewhere or draft a QB in the first round of this talent-laden QB class.

I'd say do the latter.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:59AM

Draft a QB in the 1st round!! ABSOLUTELY!!! But, keep Moore and let Henne go.

Date: November 20, 2011 12:05PM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Draft a QB in the 1st round!! ABSOLUTELY!!! But,
> keep Moore and let Henne go.

+1

I swear it, if Chad Henne gets an extension and is still the starting QB for next year completely unchallenged I'll be totally livid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 12:09PM by 808phan.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 12:25PM

i think they need to draft a qb but consider this. RGIII and Barkley are no guarantees to come out this year. in fact, i would say it is 50/50 at best. so what if it is only Landry and Luck. Do we draft Landry? im not sure he is as good as RGIII or luck or barkley. im not sure landry will be as good as the others. do we just draft him to take a qb?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 20, 2011 12:25PM

easy with this matt moore people, give it time... We put up 35 points and he threw for only 160 yards. He might have the lowest passing yards of all qb's this week in the NFL. Is that what you like in your franchise qb? Me personally i would think we would expect a bit more. I dont see how any probowl caliber qb can pass for only 160 yards but that is just me. time will tell and yes i would give henne an extension.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 12:26PM by Miami Reppa.

Date: November 20, 2011 12:31PM

i think all these guys come out. unlike last years there is not an insane contract w the first overall pick, so it's stupid to give up a year of pay. rg3, barkely, jones are all coming out.

Date: November 20, 2011 12:49PM

Reppa, who cares about passing yards?

The dude threw for 3 TD's AGAIN and had a 133.3 QB rating today. And a WIN. What the hell more do you want?

The dude can play in the Red Zone. Something this team has been lacking.

You need to start drinking moore koolaid buddy! smileys with beer

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:01PM

3 TDs for only 160 yards? That's efficiency Man. He's saving his arm for the play-offs.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:12PM

also, the defense set us up with good field position so the field is shorter which means fewer yards to get those 3 tds.

berk, i am not so sure about them coming out. i see your point but art briles, baylors HC, was pressuring RGIII to commit to coming back before the season even started and baylor will be even better next year so i am guessing everyone will be putting pressure on RGIII to come back.

as for barkley, they will be bowl eligible next season and they have lots of talent so im not sure barkley will want to pass up a possible Heisman and BCS bowl game experience.

they could very well come out this year but there are compelling reasons for them to stay as well.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:45PM

I don't care how many yards Moore throws for...three passing TD's a game and he's golden. Moore is playing well right now, because he isn't pressing and he's making accurate throws and good decisions. But, regardless of what Moore does we need to take a QB...we also need to keep Henne and Devlin.

We will need quality competition for the starters job in the off season...the best player in that competition should be playing. Not simply the guy who played the season, or was the starter the year before.

But, IF we are going to get one of the top five guys we have to put the brakes on this winning streak...but not until after Dallas, I HATE that team!

Date: November 20, 2011 01:51PM

Us Dolphins Fans have just been too burnt the past decade to believe we need anything but a change. As in usual dolphin heritage they will get our hopes up, not be able to draft one of the top Teir QBs and then Mat moore will crash and burn next year. Then I can start a thread about how we could have should have ________. And Everyone can tell me to STFU. These Dolphins can't even Lose Right!!!!!!!?angry smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:14PM

He did this 2 years ago in Carolina and then the next year he looked like finshady's brown eye.

No thanks. That would absolutely destroy our franchise to put our trust in him.

We need one of the top 4 QB's.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 20, 2011 03:34PM

What ever Aqua I don't like your favorite QB that's about it really.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:23PM

Cam is not nowhere near my favorite. I just liked to give you grief about him cuz you would have bet your house that he was gonna be a bust, and he proved you wrong....but the main reason, is you still wont admit being wrong.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:12PM

The bigger question is; we're at 3 wins now, lets say we get lucky and win 3 more (that's being generous if you look at our schedule), that'd put us at 6-10/5-11........will we still be in position to get one of the top prospects? You'd have to assume we'd still have a top ten pick, will there be someone still there worth taking???????

Date: November 20, 2011 05:21PM

for sure---and a top qb if we trade up

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:25PM

At QB, ummmm, no...well, maybe. At 10 We'd likely have to choose between Jones and Foles.

I think Luck, Barkley and Griffin are all gone by 10.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 21, 2011 07:02AM

2 passes Matt Moore made that Henne couldn't:

1) The pass in the first Q to Bush. Bush was well covered but Moore dropped it in there with arc and let Bush make a play
2) The 45 yarder to Clay in the first Q. That pass was straight money. Henne doesn't have the touch on his deep throws to do something like that.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: November 21, 2011 12:23PM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 passes Matt Moore made that Henne couldn't:
>
> 1) The pass in the first Q to Bush. Bush was
> well covered but Moore dropped it in there with
> arc and let Bush make a play
> 2) The 45 yarder to Clay in the first Q. That
> pass was straight money. Henne doesn't have the
> touch on his deep throws to do something like
> that.

The most impressive part of that pass to Clay is the wind he threw that in that ball started at least 10 to 20 yards to the right and it drifted left right to him, I sit right between the goal posts so I was at his back so the travel on that ball when he let it go I swore he missed him way to the right, you got to give him some props for what he is doing.. I still would like to get a QB in the draft, but this kid in the right system could be an effective QB...

Posted by: EpicDolphinFan ()
Date: November 22, 2011 01:28PM

I am begining to warm up to Matt Moore and must say if he keeps this up then hell yes make him are starter.

If we beef up our O-line, get a kicker in the third round lol and draft the best safty in the first and RT in the second followed by a plethra of offensive lineman for the entire draft.

Well this team next year would be scary good. So yes give me MOORE to watch on Sunday's and on turky day!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.