HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Silver lining
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Silver lining
Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:13AM

There is a slim shot of ending the season on a Good note.

If we tie the Colts or Rams in a tie at the end, looks like we get the tie breaker. I think the Rams will win some games in the 2nd half of the season. they play the Crads twice, the Browns, once.

The Colts have a hard schedule, and they do play the Jags twice and Browns once.

We play the Jets last game of the season. The Colts play the Jags the last game of the season.

If we are 0-15, and the Colts are 1-14 going, then it doesn't matter if they lose and we win...we get the 1st pick overall.

I can't think of a better way to end this season than to beat the Jets ( possibly knocking them out of the play-offs?!!) and win the Luck sweepstakes on the same day. How sweet would that be?

Way!!!! BETTER!!! than 6-10, or 8-8.

That is my ray of hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Silver lining
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:31AM

what will happen is the pats and jets will lay down for us (if either/both have a spot locked up) so we win a meaningless game (yay us!) and they won't need to worry about facing luck for the next 10 years. they smart, we dum.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:33AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what will happen is the pats and jets will lay
> down for us (if either/both have a spot locked up)
> so we win a meaningless game (yay us!) and they
> won't need to worry about facing luck for the next
> 10 years. they smart, we dum.

Yeah. But we'll lay down even BETTER than them!! If we can lose games like we did against Cleveland and Denver, then we can lose to ANYONE!!

Date: October 24, 2011 08:37AM

Root for the Ravens then. No way the Pats lay down at home on Christmas Eve to the Dolphins, and give home-field advantage to the Ravens in the process.

The Jets can lay down if they want....it will be the last game of the season ( assuming the Colts have managed 1 victory)

Date: October 24, 2011 10:06AM

realist---don't you remember the flutie drop kick? they will lay down for us if they have it locked up--and they will make it clear they are doing so. now if they have something to play for, they won't, obviously

monte---we don't do ANYTHING better than anyone, including choking. Denver is trying to throw the season, I am convinced we were trying to win yesterday, but are just too pathetic. if the pats want us to win, then we will win.

Date: October 24, 2011 11:20AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> monte---we don't do ANYTHING better than anyone,
> including choking. Denver is trying to throw the
> season, I am convinced we were trying to win
> yesterday, but are just too pathetic. if the pats
> want us to win, then we will win.

What? We're certainly better than Denver at losing. We're better than Cleveland too! I'd go out on a limb and say we'd lose to the Colts if we played them head-to-head.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2011 12:54PM

Don't be too optimistic. The Rams have not yet played the bulk of their division games (which will put them at an advantage over us) and neither have the Colts.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 24, 2011 04:21PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> Don't be too optimistic. The Rams have not yet
> played the bulk of their division games (which
> will put them at an advantage over us) and neither
> have the Colts.

Our division is way tougher then the Rams and Colts, we've only played 2 divisional games......advantage us!

Date: October 24, 2011 04:25PM

you've got it all wrong. the weaker schedule wins so the fact that we play a harder schedule doesn't help if we finish in a tie with the rest. doesn't look like anyone will win more than 2 games

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: October 24, 2011 05:12PM

Yup, this is the Bizarro playoffs--weaker schedule wins. One more reason to root against the Pats, Jets, and Bills every week.

Date: October 24, 2011 05:33PM

The Rams are not trying to Suck for Luck. It would cost them too much.

They will go into the Saints game without Bradford and will take a lickin', but then they will get Bradford back as they prepare for a Cardinals, Browns, Seahawks, Cardinals line-up. They win at least 2 of those games.

They will be working hard to win those games.

I am more worried about the Vikings...they look like crap and they would want to draft Luck.

OUr schedule is easier than the Colts...so if we tie them, I'm not worried. It's the Rams and Vikes.....and of course...our ability to lose the next 10-10 games.

Date: October 24, 2011 06:20PM

realist Wrote:
> I am more worried about the Vikings..

They played Green Bay pretty close. I think they'll win 1 or 2 more with Ponder at QB.

Date: October 25, 2011 05:11AM

All I know is, this is pretty much the worst season of Dolphins football I've ever seen, and I at least want to get the #1 pick out of it. sad smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2011 05:51AM

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 25, 2011 06:48AM

I will continue to be optimistic about the future for the following reasons:

1. Sparano will be gone (and will in all likelihood be taking Ireland with him).

2. I honestly believe that we will draft our QB of the future in April. There is a very good chance that its Andrew Luck (as I don't see any way that we won't have the worst record in the NFL) but Landry Jones looks very promising as does Matt Barkley. We will get one of these guys and our QB situation will be light years better than its been since the days of #13.

3. Although I don't have a plethora of confidence in Ross, the fact that he's targeting Cowher as #1 on his short list of coaches is encouraging. He would be a solid choice who has a proven track record of getting his players to play hard. Also, history would suggest that he hires solid coaches on both sides of the ball. Most of all, incredibly good motivator.

4. Daniel Thomas may end up being a very productive back for us. He seems to run hard and make yards without the benefit of a very good offensive line.

So, yes it's been a putrid year. But Indianapolis was a bottom feeder until they drafted Manning. NE was below average until they lucked out with Brady. We're finally in position to have a franchise QB and a Superbowl winning coach in Miami. I'm stoked for April's draft.

Date: October 25, 2011 02:50PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> All I know is, this is pretty much the worst
> season of Dolphins football I've ever seen, and I
> at least want to get the #1 pick out of it. sad smiley

I agree 100%. The Problem is that the season is not even HALF over yet. Lots can happen in the next 2 months. confused smiley

Date: October 25, 2011 03:26PM

If we don't get Luck, I think RG3 has a chance to be special.

I'm not biting my fingernails over Luck.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 25, 2011 08:18PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> If we don't get Luck, I think RG3 has a chance to
> be special.
>

WTF is RG3?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.