HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          If we have the 1st pick
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
If we have the 1st pick
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:05PM

in the draft who's to say Luck won't decide to stay in college instead of playing for this train wreck of a franchise. Could you blame the man if he decided no thank you Stephen Ross. I don't want your cheap ass to be my boss. We could be sucking for Luck, and suck out on getting Luck. That would suck even worse I think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If we have the 1st pick
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:22PM

If the kid stays in school (and risks a career inj.) for his SR year AFTER graduating, then he's obviously a box of rocks (which he's not) and I don't want him as our QB.
If the notion is that he'd not want to specifically play for us, (which is very obsurd) then at least we'd have a HUGE trade chip in our pile, win, win if you ask me.
Everyone needs to quit with this "we're so horrible that no-one will want to come here" sh@#. Miami will be a premier destination for our coaching search as well as a stud QB prospect.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:26PM

How can you say this after we keep inventing ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory each and evrey week. Did Elway want to play for the Colts no he did not just saying. Somewhere somehow someone pissed off the God of karma because that mug hates the hell out of this sorry ass team.

Date: October 23, 2011 05:44PM

As far as a coaching search goes; we have some very good, young talent on both sides of the ball (it's just not playing well as a team), a nice climate that's desirable to live in, an owner with deep pockets who hasn't really meddled in the football side of things too much (his problem has been not really understanding how the football world works, and trying to turn game day into an entertaining experience) and a chance to turn around a once storied franchise.

As far as a college QB not wanting to come here; you think Bradford wanted to go to Rams? or Stafford wanted Detroit of all places? Any team that's getting Luck is gonna suck, it's only happened twice to my knowledge (Eli and Elway) and it could easily turn into career suicide if things don't go right for you. Highly unlikey that he's gonna demand who gets him.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:45PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:54PM

THATS US!!! THATS US!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 23, 2011 07:47PM

I don't know, did anyone see the Rams or Colts play today?
I am visiting some friends in Dallas this weekend and they took me to the Cowboy/Ram game today. The Rams are absolutely horrific!
But I think the Colts will be the biggest challenger to out suck us for Luck.

Date: October 24, 2011 02:03AM

I think we have one up on the Colts (hard to say that at after what the Saints just did to them) they still have 2 games against the Jags and 1 or 2 left with Tenn., our divisional games are alot harder.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 02:48AM

here is the dilemma, Cowher and Gruden and anyone else we might want, are pretty much disgusted by Stephen Ross.. What Ross did to Sparano last summer, pretty much made it really tough for him to land a top Coaching talent..
WHich is why many people say the coaches like Gruden and Cowher, want to see how Ross handles himself this season and see him actually stand beside his coach... They dont want to be in the bad situation as Sparano, and how could you not blame them...

Then Ross goes and pull as a stunt like yesterday's Gator day, and it underminds his chance of getting a top coach even more... Cowher and Gruden watched as the business side of the DOlphins, undermined the coaches again by encouraging fans of the opposing teams QB to show up and cheer on the Broncos... TOtally disrespectful to his employees, and down right foolish not to mention even more distractions piled on top by him...

Finally Andrew luck isnt going to want to be put in this situation with our coaches, GM, and Owner..
Most people say the only way Oliver Luck would advise his son to come out and play for the Dolphins is if ROss, cleans house and puts a guy like Cowher or Gruden in full control, thus giving Andrew Luck a legitimate chance of succeeding....
But right now, there is a very slim chance any of these coaches or player would want to put himself in a horrible situation that the Dolphins players and coaches are now facing..
I think getting rid of Ireland and Ross, would give you just as much chance to succeed, as getting Cowher and Luck... I also know for a fact Henne will be successful in this league in the future.. Talk about one screwed up situation...

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 04:19AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 05:08AM

Hire cowher as head coach before the draft.....and luck will want to come here.....Definetely...

But he wont want to come here if we have anybody else or another fool like sparano.....or another unknown.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.