HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jason Taylor ripps fans stands beside Dansby
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jason Taylor ripps fans stands beside Dansby
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:47AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jason Taylor ripps fans stands beside Dansby
Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:26AM

Sort of like playing for the team's hated rival and then begging to come back?

Date: October 20, 2011 11:27AM

STFU. He wasn't even here last year. Went to the Enemy for a fist full of Ca$h. he gets paid Millions, we PAY for the privledge of watching them come up short year after year. This is more his fault then any True Blue(teal actually)fan who is looking at the future of the Team. I couldn't root for the Jets. Its like looking at girls under 17 yrs of age. its just not natural and makes me want to Vommit. But now that the jets game has passed, I'm fully embracing the suck for Luck campaign.

As for Dansby.......you should have thought about that when you and your Teamates were missing tackle after tackle. Make a sack or STFU.

Date: October 20, 2011 11:35AM

Yeah , suggesting players throwing a game is the same thing as signing with another team.. Are you morally challenged?

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:47AM

How about not laying down like a bunch of bitches in the 2nd half against your division rival

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:07PM

what a red herring. I don't think anyone is saying the team should throw games or deliberately are trying to lose (thought the way they are playing, I wouldn't be shocked). There is a difference between that and recognizing this team sucks and is a bunch of losers, and therefore hoping that they at least lose enough at the end of the day that we can draft luck, as a reward for suffering thru this crap.

anyway, what do you expect the players to say?

what they *should* say is "we haven't been playing well and need to play better to win back our fans, we don't deserve their support right now." instead all we get is "wah wah" the fans are such jerks.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:27PM

In other news, the fans rip Jason Taylor and Karlos Dansby for their play this year.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 20, 2011 12:35PM

Date: October 20, 2011 01:05PM

The simple fact of the matter is that consumers are voting in the only way they can: with their wallets.

People are not going to buy an inferior product and fans have every right to demand, "we will no longer financially support a team that does nothing but regress, unless drastic changes are made to improve".

Welcome to capitalism.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:07PM

Date: October 21, 2011 01:56AM

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 04:48AM

Again, as berkeley223 correctly put it, no one is realistically suggesting that the team deliberately try to lose (though the second half of Monday night's game sure looked like they were). In my mind, I always pull for Miami to win. I couldn't do anything else. I have more time invested in this team than Karlos Dansby and Jason Taylor combined. But, since it does look like we're one of a couple of teams in the running to draft Luck, that is the proverbial silver lining in this dark cloud of a season. If the players are so angry with the fans, there's one way to really get back at them. Win a game. And as far as Brandon Marshall ruining his "reputation," hmm.. Jason, do you really want to go there? Marshall loses a piece of his reputation with every dropped pass-- and on a night where he promised to be a "monster," he lost several more big pieces.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 05:19AM

The players are not the problem as much as Sparano is.
His refusal to go for it on 4th and inches and that spectacle at the end of the half is totally inexcusable. That sends a message to the team that the coach no longer cares about winning. Sparano knows that he is gone after the season, the team knows it. You got to feel bad for the players when their coach has deserted them. Alot of them won't be back and many will be out of the NFL altogether. The assistant coaches also will be out of a job and few will be beating down their doors after this season.
At this point Ross is probably also caught up in the SFL dream world, salivating at the thought of Gruden and Luck walking down the orange carpet hand in hand. Boy, that'll fill the seats, maybe J-LO will even come back to the games. He may already have pulled Sparano aside and promised him an extra million or two in a severance package if he tanks the rest of the season.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 06:14AM

I don't think those odd coaching decisions by Sparano were a lack of caring... I think they were an example of coaching scared. He said as much in his presser when he mentioned that at the end of the half he was thinking about the previous int pick 6. I think it shows a lack of confidence in his team (probably well deserved). You cannot, however, coach scared. In fact, with the season over, you'd think that we be the opposite. Go for it on 4th downs, fake punts, fant FGs, why not? Be unpredictable. Its not like we jockeying for home field advantage in the playoffs.

Date: October 21, 2011 10:21AM

FYI-Sparano was asked about why he didnt throw a hell mary just before halftime of the game.. He said the play that was called for Matt Moore, was what is called an "either or" play they sent in, the QB can call either play. He said one of the plays was a Hell Mary, it was Matt choice to run it...

I am not defending Sparano, i agree his conservative nature has limited our chances in a handful of games during his tenure, that is fact that can not be disputed IMO.. However there is also alot of things that are not understood by fans, and then others just run with the mis imformation and before you know it, people just accept it a s truth..
Once I heard what happen, it obviously is not all on Sparano.. Although you could argue, that he should not have called an either or play and forced the QB to throw a Hellmary.

Date: October 21, 2011 10:36AM

I don't understand a hail mary as an either or play. what defense do you expect to be out there at the end of the half? I prevent playing deep. he went to the line and saw what, exactly, that made him take a knee? I call BS on that one

Date: October 21, 2011 10:42AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand a hail mary as an either or
> play. what defense do you expect to be out there
> at the end of the half? I prevent playing deep. he
> went to the line and saw what, exactly, that made
> him take a knee? I call BS on that one

I am not sure, but seriously you think Sparano has shown the character of someone that lies and throws players under the bus? The man has character, he defintely makes mistakes but I would be surprised if he lied, especially since the reporters can just go ask Moore, or Daboll themselves..

Date: October 21, 2011 11:20AM

yes he throws players under the bus. see sapp, benny. also the suck as$ special teams coach after the NE game last year, and eric walden after that same game (who is now playing great for Gcool smiley. but never stands up to the "good players" like Joey Porter, who can refuse coache's orders to leave the game with impunity

whether he's lying in the case, who knows. my point about BS was less about him lying, and more about the utter bs of letting your QB check into a running play in a hail mary situation.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 22, 2011 04:45AM

I remember him blaming Henne for our WRs dropping passes because even though it hit them in the hands, it was slightly behind of ahead of them. That's complete BS, but it was his way of justifying Henning's decision to limit what Henne was allowed to do. Sparano constantly defends vets...even those he shouldn't defend...and he likes to bash the young players who need support more than anything else.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:19AM

I think I would rather hear that Jason Taylor ripped a really ripe fart.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:52AM

We don't have to throw games with our QB's receivers, coaching , play calling and inability to put pressure on the passer

Date: October 22, 2011 11:23AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes he throws players under the bus. see sapp,
> benny. also the suck as$ special teams coach after
> the NE game last year, and eric walden after that
> same game (who is now playing great for Gcool smiley. but
> never stands up to the "good players" like Joey
> Porter, who can refuse coache's orders to leave
> the game with impunity
>

He holds players accountable, that is what a good coach does, although you and I both know, the GM is completely in charge of hiring and firing player personel, that is not a job resposbility of Sparano, if it was that is a system without a GM or a figure head.... In our system the GM has 100 percent control of player personel, and I can promise you Sparano has lost many battles with Ireland, including my boy Crowder... Ireland doesnt listen to Sparano on personel, that is part of the problem...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.