HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The only consolation
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The only consolation
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:41AM

Is that as bad as we looked Monday night, it's getting harder and harder to imagine us not getting the first pick in the draft. That would mean that we'll have Andrew Luck as our QB for the next 10 to 12 years and the jets will be stuck with Mark Sanchez (who in my humble opinion stinks)... Now, sign Cowher or Fisher as next years coach and we'll own the jets for a very long time. Add in the fact that Brady is in his mid 30s and is in the back end of his career. Fellas, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to become great. We're definitely at rock bottom right now but things will get better. April's draft could be an exciting day in Miami Dolphins history.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The only consolation
Date: October 19, 2011 04:56AM

Sanchez looked so promising as a Rookie. He's still a pretty decent back IMO, but not ellite. Brady is on the downside , but still has a healthy 5 yrs. But coming up right behind him , Arron style is , Mallet. We NEED to get Luck or we are screwed blue and tattooed . I think Ross senses that as well. The trick will be getting a team to support him. Even Marino couldn't do it all.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:09AM

I don't follow college football, so I'm not familiar with the QB prospects for next April's draft. I have watched some YouTube highlight videos, and Luck does look pretty good. I keep hearing that there are a few good QBs coming out next year, so hopefully Miami will draft high enough to pick one.

A great QB to go along with Bush (if he's used properly), Thomas (if he can stay healthy), and an improved o-line (from the draft and free agency) will be a big help to our new OC next season. I think that the offense can be fixed easier than the defense; that may take another year or so to pick up enough players to make a difference. None of this will matter though if Ross hires another mistake at GM/HC.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:24AM

Luck is talked about in the same way that Elway and Manning were. High character guy who was bred to be an NFL QB. We might have hit rock bottom at the perfect time. If Ross has any brains, he'll hire a Cowher or Fisher to partner with a likely elite QB talent in Luck. That alone will make us light years better. Plus, we might have gotten lucky (pardon the pun) with Daniel Thomas who with a better offensive line might be a top 5 running back. The Colts were doormats until they drafted Manning. If Luck is as good as advertised, Miami Dolphins football could become very exciting. My guess is that the jets, patriots, and bills will be very, very unhappy if we get Luck. He might be the once in a decade talent that every team covets. We might be terrible at the most opportune time. Damn, it's been so long since we had a difference maker at QB. Too damn long.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:06AM

I like the way you think Fins72.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.