HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Players say they respect the coach
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Players say they respect the coach
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:20AM

Berk-
I think Ireland is immensly talented, and a huge assett but his brash behavior and style, has also become a liability. Ireland reminds me of a guy that gets power for the first time. At first he is overwelmed by the power and is heavy handed and abuses such powers unneccasarily. As you get older and understand power, you realize it is more powerful to have the ability and choose not to use the power, then to run around being brash, acting like their are zero reprecussions for such behavior.
Ross, has taken the football out of the football. He is a fool. And made an emotional purchase of this franchise and now the whole feeling around the business, is how do we come up with widgets and hype, to somehow find a huge market, majical financial asset, to somehow turn around this horrible overpaid assett, while Mr Ross is running around acting like a D- Reality star after one season on the "Real World" or "Jersey Shore". The focus isnt on football. it is on cheesy celebrities owners, orange carpet, paparazzi type of hype, Phins up, new cheezy jimmy buffett fight songs. They have thrown away everything this team has stood for and the great past this franchise has had, and then are wondered why there is no fan loyalty or the franchise feels lost. Yeah well, look around, as you pass through Club Liv.... It feels like a cheezy used car lot on sundays afternoon these days... Hotdogs and balloons for the kiddies set up right next to the dunk tank, and clowsn to paint your face...
This is suppose to be about football. There are so many distraction surrounding this franchsie and stadium, all created for the sake of drawing in more money and nothing to do with keeping the focus of the fan and team on football.. I can't even go tothe stadium but once or twice a year, it makes me sick and sad to see what it all has become... Half the People go to the game and dont even watch football or care about the game, it is a social event now...lol...

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:50AM

LMAO @ RJay and crowder52.

JC looks like you have done your homework....

How the hell did you know RJay was meant Ray Lucas and Jay fiedler............LOL...

Looks like its true because RJay didnt put up a fight ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:53AM

And no JC.....My name is not short for sammie smith hahahahahahahahhaha

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:23AM

I always knew R/Jay was a lucas/feidler reference. Remember back in the day when people were calling for Lucas to play over Fiedler and some felt it didn't matter which one played since they were both equal? sad to think that those were actually the good old days with this team.

crowder, i agree 100% with you about Ross, he is a total clown who couldn't be more wrong about what it takes to attact fans to a team. In fact this jersey shore crap turns off real fans while doing nothing to attact new ones and at the same time making the team a joke nationally and to the casual observer.

But I totally disagree about Ireland. I can count on 1 hand the good moves he made--bringing in Bess, bringing in Wake, drafting Jake Long, well maybe that's even it. The rest are big time misses (pat white, pat turner, john jerry, jake grove, gibril, wilford, etc etc) or B/B- players (vonte, smith, some others). Even his hits are not that impressive taken in context. If you take an OL #1 overall he better be great---and we passed on Ryan to take him. Cam Wake, great signing, but hell even Wanny signed Wally Ogunlea off the scap heap and Wake wasn't exactly unknown, he tore up the CFL and other teams wanted him too. Bess is a good value for a street FA. But This is year 4, and some of those years we've had very high draft picks and some extra ones too. That is a very low percentage of success, surely lower than average. Add that to what appears to be a jerky attitude that turns off players (Ryan Clark, etc) and you've got a bad GM who deserves the boot at least as soon as Sporano.

Date: September 28, 2011 08:57AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2011 12:22PM

Well, if that be the case...then the coaches are wrong. We have the talent. No excuses for that.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 01:01PM

Date: September 29, 2011 06:10AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have always felt that for a coach to be great in
> this league he has to be both feared and
> respected...and in that order.
>
> Guys have to believe that their coach will push
> all the right buttons on the practice field and on
> game day and with a few obvious exceptions, they
> have to constantly be afraid of losing their job.

I think in theory this use to be 100 percent correct. But I believe this philosophy has destroyed as many teams as it has made successfull in todays NFL. In college it still works but the NFL, and what motivates and causes resentment detrimental to the well being of the collective team are different. It is a fine line, and I think for the most part all players need to be addressed or handled a little different. If you handle Vernon Carey the same way you handle Brandon Marshall or Karlos Dansby, all different. Coaches really need to be master motivators, and have the ability to focus individuals into the collective. As someone said the other day. A coach has to have a winning philosophy or a plan that leads to success, as well as be able to sell that plan to the team. If you the plan is flawed or you cant sell it to otherrs, disaster tends to strike... So is it, that the plan is flawed, or he is failing to sell the plan. Or is it just players not being focuesd collectively due to distractions.

Date: September 29, 2011 06:27AM

Date: September 29, 2011 09:09AM

Date: September 29, 2011 09:26AM

Date: September 29, 2011 09:40AM

PF2- I think we agree just go about understanding it or describing it different.. as I said the devil is in the details, and your comments seem to validate that you feel the same way.

For example, I would say Paul SOlia was never motivated by the fear of being cut, because he hung on the bubble of the roster until his contract year, then he got in shape and broke out, and got himself paid. it seems to me that money was his motivator, but I guess you could then describe it as Solia fear of not having money to set up himself and family, motivated him...lol. I guess you understand the point about saying the same thing with different explanations...

Date: September 29, 2011 09:45AM

Date: September 29, 2011 09:59AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:55PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 03, 2011 01:10PM

Did he get in a fight? Did he pull out a gun? No??? Then...I don't really care.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 03, 2011 01:29PM

Players say they respect the coach.

So freakin what. I like Tony and Ross and Ireland and most of the players as people, but they are loosers in the football world and I am not a Miami Dolphins fan so I can hope that one day I can see a Miami Dolphin player or coach or front office person get an award from my local girl scouts troup for being the best nancy-panced table cloth maker.

Who cares if a bunch of football loosers respect another football looser. Tony is a hard working guy, but it is over for him in Miami.

Maybe he will pull a Bill Bellecheat (he sucked in Cleveland and is a legend in New England), but as of now he is a looser and the best for him and MIami is to start working for the future.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.