HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano has to be fired
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Sparano has to be fired
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 19, 2011 05:50AM

My take on keeping/firing Sparano now or within the next ~month is that I hope it's not a complete house cleaning. I truly believe our overall level of talent has increased relatively steadily over the past 3 years.

I like Daboll so far. I like Henne pretty well. Side note: I wasn't able to see the game live, saw the stats, thought Henne probably sucked, watched the game on rewind and feel pretty strongly that he played much better than the stats showed. Not nearly perfect, but not nearly as bad as his stats.

I actually like our RB/WR corps and starting TE a lot. I like our defensive talent...just feel that they've been 'off' for some reason.

Sparano's game management is definitely a weakness. But, in getting rid of him, do we throw out the baby with the bathwater? Even if we give <insert name here> the remainder of the season to evaluate?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 05:58AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was time for a change LAST YEAR...
>
> Oh my.

They already tried to get a knew coach everybody knows that. And the new coach they were trying to get gave them the finger.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:19AM

I think our condition has been our #1 or #2 (behind the O-Line) issue this year. Vontae went out of the game AGAIN yesterday (which is why Nolan Carroll was on the field), and Karlos Dansby also went down. This happened to use under JJ and Saban as well. If you're not in the right condition, that leads to injuries. You play tired, you don't plant your foot right...BOOM you're out with a knee or ankle injury. That falls firmly on the shoulders of the HC. Shula always had the team conditioned.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:27AM

The team is soft. They're NOT working hard. And the collective mind-set resembles 2007.

We could be Oh and 5 in a heartbeat.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:30AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The team is soft. They're NOT working hard. And
> the collective mind-set resembles 2007.
>
> We could be Oh and 5 in a heartbeat.

Yes, but what sucks is the fact that we're a MUCH better team than we were in 2007. Our talent on both sides of the ball is better, and we play well in spurts. Problem is a lot of our guys are just going through the motions (like they did in 2007) and, even worse, we're completely out of shape (like we were under Saban).

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:43AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 19, 2011 08:26AM

montequi Wrote:

Yes, but what sucks is the fact that we're a MUCH better team than we were in 2007.

Our talent on both sides of the ball is better, and we play well in spurts.

I’m not so sure we’re a much better team. That was before we drafted Teddy Bear and then traded him away for some bird seed.

But I agree we play in “spurts.” Sort of like projectile vomit.

smiling smiley

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.