HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          State of the Franchise
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
State of the Franchise
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:14AM

It’s interesting to note the BIG WAVE of negativity and outright contempt that has suddenly overflowed this board. In a weird juxtaposition, I’m finding myself more on the neutral side than many of the (up until now) “supporters” of this regime.

Bottom line, any serious fan of this team is frustrated and at the end of the rope when it comes to patience and perseverance. Frankly, we’ve been screwed over consistently for a number of years – and when Parcells landed here we all thought our magic genie had arrived. Well, we all know better now.

For those of us who followed the 3 stooges episode last winter closely there was really ZERO reason to believe this team was on a positive upswing. That kind of fiasco takes a toll. And whatever thimble of credibility Sparano had with the players, he lost it after that. Simply put, Sparano is a lame Baby Tuna.

This team is not working hard and no longer believes in the commandments from above. Right from the start this regime was all about an authoritarian football philosophy rooted in “secrecy” and the supposed mystique of Duh Tuna.

Well, that house of cards collapsed last year – so my question is…

What’s the surprise?

And…

Where do we go from here?

The Miami Dolphin “brand” has been decimated by a string of blunders and rebuilding plans that have failed. As a fan, right now, there’s nothing to be enthusiastic about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: State of the Franchise
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:25AM

I would say Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, or Rob Ryan.

NOT GRUDEN! He sucks. He ran an organization into the dumps! He only won with Tony Dungy's talent.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:27AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, or Rob
> Ryan.
>
>
> NOT GRUDEN! He sucks. He ran an organization into
> the dumps! He only won with Tony Dungy's talent.

I'd agree with that.

Date: September 19, 2011 06:53AM

I wouldn’t pretend to have the answer but I’ll try.

I like Jeff Fisher the best on the short list. He’s got something to prove and he’s a bright football mind. Gruden seems to be polarizing and I don’t know why. The dude is a bright offensive mind and I thought (last year) him and Nolan together could be tough. But maybe not.

At one time being the HC in Miami was a premium spot – but that’s not the case now. I guess it really depends on how someone on the outside views our roster. We all believe we have some talent and a core of young players. But my concern is the architecture. The league is switching back to 4-3 and we don’t have a single DE in that mold. None of our guys upfront can generate consistent pressure. And that’s a big problem IMO.

Our corners are highly suspect and IMO way overrated. Our LB’s can’t cover and our safety’s SUCK in pass coverage. So I’m not impressed by the BIG D we’ve assembled. And it’s apparent they are nowhere near as good as advertised. And what’s up with Nolan? If I recall he also has a pattern of fading and not delivering a consistent product?

On the OL we’ve got a mess. We have one decent TE in a league where that position is evolving rapidly. Henne has looked a lot better – but he’s still not putting the points on the board the way he should be (not all his fault, but he’s #1 accountable and has to find a way to be more consistent and get in the endzone). Our WR core is hard to judge IMO. On one hand you could say it’s pretty good, but there’s no consistent production. I still believe Bess is our most consistent PRO receiver. Hartline and Marshall come with questions. The young pups may get on the field sooner than later…

Grrr.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 19, 2011 07:34AM

We can't continually jump back and forth between 3-4 and 4-3 year-to-year. The good news is Starks can play DE or DT, and Wake can play OLB or DE (in a 4-3)...but the problem is on the other side. Langford isn't a 4-3 DE.

I don't know what the answer is.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 19, 2011 08:05AM

Since I will never meet mr sporano i might as well say it here......tony you are not an nfl coach and i dont even think you would qualify as a coordinator of any type......my friend your complacent attitude and lackluster team's performance is really starting to aggravate the f**k out of me and the millions who follow this team year in and year out. You are a major cause of this team's failures. You gotta go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 08:07AM by chatafkup.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 08:19AM

not sure what people expected when we brought in an OL coach who had never been a coordinator before. he was on no one's short list, however parcells "blessed" and handpicked him so all that was overlooked. neverthless I think he'd have been even a failed coordinator--but he never got the chance to peter princple out at that level, and now he's our coach...

Date: September 19, 2011 08:19AM

I don't think “millions” follow this team anymore.

More like a bakers dozen.

smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.