HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We are in serious trouble...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We are in serious trouble...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 03, 2011 03:33AM

I believe our franchise is in total dissaray. I believe us as fans probably dont see it as much as the players do, though.

Here is why:

We clearly showed the entire world that we werent satisfied with our coach, yet he is still here. Now, we have clearly showed the entire world that we are not satisfied with our QB, yet he is still here.

I just think we are probably going to be 6-10 this year at best.

We have no leadership. None from the top to the bottom. Zero.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We are in serious trouble...
Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 03, 2011 03:46AM

So the fans should be managing the team now? I'm not sure I get your point.

I mean, the franchise might very well be in disarray, but I'm not sure that just because "we" may be dissatisfied with something, it means ownership/management need to act accordingly.

"we" don't like when Sparano celebrates a field goal and how he pursues all the rejects from Dallas. If I'm Ross and Ireland, do I read this on the message boards and say "uh oh, "They" aren't happy, gotta fire Sparano"?

"we" go to a free event on Dolphins property, and proceed to boo our own players. Now Ross and Ireland need to say "wow did you see those people boo Henne? Looks like we need to cut him right away!?"

THere's always the argument that if ticket sales are poor enough, then they'll pay attention. Maybe...or they'll just sell the additional empty seats to visiting teams' fans.

Bottom line is, as much as we think we're more capable of running the team than the guys who actually do it for a living, they aren't required to make decisions based upon whether or not we fans are showing our dissatisfaction on personnel issues.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 04:57AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 05:10AM

I think we are only in serious trouble if the Oline fails, this team and Sparano, will succeed or fail based on how the offensive lines plays this year... End of story.
If the oline is good, Henne will look good enough if not, he will be inconsistant. The Defense under Nolan is going to be good enough.
THe RB's will only be good enough if the oline blocks well..
So as I said, we live or die by our offensive line this year. WHich is why we want to sign a probowl center from last 3 years in Ohara, even after drafting Pouncey. And we are not satisfied with Carey, his play or shape.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 05:30AM

COACH DON SHULA left a gaping hole in our deal. Alot of Phony Leaders came along and collected a check for a while leaving us adrift...

HEENE needs to GROW A PAIR...sad smiley Stretch the field, air it out!

SPORANO needs to stop picking his nose, hat, and SMELLING it... confused smiley

And if not, COACH NOLAN needs to start picking his staff for next season smileys with beer

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: August 03, 2011 05:37AM

One thing is for sure, Ross can't afford to make the same mistake twice, so he will surely be unforgiving this year.

If the team does not succeed in Ross' eyes, then both Sparano and Ireland will be out, and he will need to make a bold statement to avoid losing fans. As much as he may value either of these two men, it is very clear that the ticket-buying public does not, and he will not continue to isolate his customers for the sake of two men.

This means he will most likely have to concede a measure of control that he has since refused. And in walks Bill Cowher.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 03, 2011 05:48AM

Leadership is sorely missing on our team. I agree. It's weird having an ex-O-Line coach as a head coach yet one of our biggest weaknesses since he's been here has been the O-Line. I think it's due to philosophy and coaching. This organization seems to think that you build a great O-Line simply by getting 5 great players and putting them on the field (hence, we have 3 first-round picks and high paid free agents). Yet this line has underperformed since Sparano has been here. Compare that to the O-Line's that Hudson Houck coached. You'll see a MAJOR difference. Those had less talent, but they played as a unit...not just 5 separate guys.

Honestly, if we had leadership, we wouldn't be paying high salaries to fat/lazy O-Linemen like Carey and Jerry. Those guys would either be in shape or would be gone.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:00AM

if we going to be 6 and 10 i really hope we are 1-15 instead.

Date: August 03, 2011 07:03AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:24AM

I disagree. I like what they have done in the draft and free agency. Truth is there is no way in hell to tell how it will play out but I like almost all the moves....other than not getting a decent qb but it ain't over yet.

Bulger has retired so he is out.

I think we have brought in veteran leaders and are working on more. Aug 4 is a key date as well.

We brought in vets...Burnette, Columbo, Taylor and may even still get Ohara.

We were 7-9 last year. No way are we worse this year even if we are stuck with Henne. The entire team is better and we don't know how he will be in a new more explosive....much faster offense.

I love the increase in team speed with Grigsby and Bush ans Sheets and Gates...not to mention getting Edds and Odrick back.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:31AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:

I believe our franchise is in total dissaray. I believe us as fans probably dont see it as much as the players do, though.

We clearly showed the entire world that we werent satisfied with our coach, yet he is still here. Now, we have clearly showed the entire world that we are not satisfied with our QB, yet he is still here.

We have no leadership. None from the top to the bottom. Zero.

I’ll go one step further – this franchise has been in variant forms of “disarray” for at least 10 years now. But yes, the disarray has progressed to the point this franchise is just about ready for dysfunctional certification.

Here we are in Y5 of this regimes master plan and there are still more questions than answers. And now we’ve actually jettisoned a good section of the original thesis (coaches and players) which means we’ve admitted the original blue print wasn’t working. So the same core establishment who created the problem is somehow now the solution?

No doubt Sparano got a slight stay of execution last Winter – only because the idiots we’re so exposed they had to scramble back to the Idiot Ranch and sit around a table cackling like hens unable to shit their golden eggs. Cluck. Cluck. It was their foul plan all along to keep Tony, they just needed to check out a few other roosters for assorted due diligence and stuff. Cluck. Cluck.

No QB = No Chance. And everyone knows that. No need to dissect things further when we already know this season is DOA.

Date: August 03, 2011 07:57AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the fans should be managing the team now? I'm
> not sure I get your point.
>
> I mean, the franchise might very well be in
> disarray, but I'm not sure that just because "we"
> may be dissatisfied with something, it means
> ownership/management need to act accordingly.
>
> "we" don't like when Sparano celebrates a field
> goal and how he pursues all the rejects from
> Dallas. If I'm Ross and Ireland, do I read this on
> the message boards and say "uh oh, "They" aren't
> happy, gotta fire Sparano"?
>
> "we" go to a free event on Dolphins property, and
> proceed to boo our own players. Now Ross and
> Ireland need to say "wow did you see those people
> boo Henne? Looks like we need to cut him right
> away!?"
>
> THere's always the argument that if ticket sales
> are poor enough, then they'll pay attention.
> Maybe...or they'll just sell the additional empty
> seats to visiting teams' fans.
>
> Bottom line is, as much as we think we're more
> capable of running the team than the guys who
> actually do it for a living, they aren't required
> to make decisions based upon whether or not we
> fans are showing our dissatisfaction on personnel
> issues.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
When I said "we" in the 2nd paragraph, I was saying "we" as in the Dolphins. Not the fans.

---------------------

Date: August 03, 2011 08:01AM

Also,

Look at the top 20 teams in the league and tell me who their "on field" leader is....the QB.

Henne has lost all trust from his teammates and he is nowhere near the team leader.

Matter of fact, he is not even the leader on offense. Jake Long, Brandon Marshall, Devone Bess, and probably even Vernon Carey are more of a leader than Henne is.

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:04AM

Year 4 not 5.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 03, 2011 08:05AM

..and let me just reiterate this real quick.

I am all for upgrading the QB position. It has to be done. But..I am not sure Kyle Orton is that much of an upgrade so much so that we start shipping off draft picks for him.

What we need to make sure is we go all in for Andrew Luck next year. I dont care if it takes a New Orleans for Ricky Williams trade.

---------------------

Date: August 03, 2011 08:10AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:15AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> ..and let me just reiterate this real quick.
>
> I am all for upgrading the QB position. It has to
> be done. But..I am not sure Kyle Orton is that
> much of an upgrade so much so that we start
> shipping off draft picks for him.
>
> What we need to make sure is we go all in for
> Andrew Luck next year. I dont care if it takes a
> New Orleans for Ricky Williams trade.

Well orton stinks IMO he is not an upgrade over anybody....Not even a 7th rounder this guy is worth....and yes we have to do everything posible to get luck next year.....

Not saying losing games or trying to lose games i mean trade up if we have to or whatever.

Trade the entire draft and move up to number one if possible.....For once do something incredibly crazy to get the best QB in the draft....

This dolphin organizaion has been asleep forever.

Make the dam fans just dream of a superbowl in the future for just one offseason. Do something for once...Just once.

Maybe luck will change our luck.

Date: August 03, 2011 08:22AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Also,
> >
> > Look at the top 20 teams in the league and tell
> me
> > who their "on field" leader is....the QB.
>
>
> Absolutely. There's no question that the
> inability to properly address that position has
> led to a decade+ of mediocrity.
>
> As much as I'd like to get pissed about that,
> getting pissed when there wasn't a clear cut
> replacement/upgrade available during the
> off-season makes little sense to me.
>
> I'll give the front office credit for taking the
> long term approach this year and not sacrificing
> assets they can use in the next draft to go get a
> QB just to change the name of the "project"
> currently lining up under center.
>
>
> >
> > Henne has lost all trust from his teammates and
> he
> > is nowhere near the team leader.
>
>
> That's contrary to virtually every report this
> past off-season with regards to how he handled
> himself and the team during the lock out.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Here is the bottom line when it comes to being a leader...

Im in the military, and I can talk my troops up all I want too as far as me spearheading the enemy. But the moment bullets start to fly, and I run....I am now chicken shit in their eyes.

Same thing applies to Henne. He can be this so-called leader during the offseason..

but during crucial moments during games, if he starts reverting to checking down every pass, missing wide open recievers, and throwing bone-headed INT's...

they are gonna give up on him....QUICK.

I promise you, one bad game early in the season for Henne, and the team will give up on him.

---------------------

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:42AM

Date: August 03, 2011 09:57AM

Exactly.

I really hope the guy is an All-Pro this year, I really do. I want him to succeed and I want him to lead us to the Superbowl.

We will find out soon just what this off-season has done for him.

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.