HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Carey not at practice?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Carey not at practice?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:07PM

A sign of being waived? A trade in the works?(doubtful) Or is he pouting because they told him to take a paycut or beat feet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carey not at practice?
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:10PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:12PM

I hope we keep him. Not impressed with Columbo as a starter. I think he is coming off an injury.

Sparano said he was given day off for personal reasons. I guess ya never know with this regime.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:39PM

Carey is way overpayed. I focused in on him a lot last year and was unimpressed. His feet were very slow and prodding. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:40PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:45PM

And that is what it was for...pay cut. He played college ball in Miami and has been here a long time....has roots...prob take a cut to stay.

It was also said they told him it was so the could make another move or trade....Orton...hope hope!

Peter King says deal is not dead but a long shot...says Orton would be wise to take less and come to Miami.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinlo ()
Date: August 02, 2011 05:25PM

From the maimi herald site

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson is reporting ROT Vernon Carey has indeed been asked to take a pay cut. A source close to Carey tells him Carey was unhappy when the Dolphins made the request and he was indeed given time last night to mull the cut because the Dolphins are expected to cut him if he does not accept.

Carey, as I reported on an earlier post, was to meet with Dolphins coach Tony Sparano about this matter this afternoon. Players were off on Tuesday so that gave Carey time to think things over. But the Dolphins must be at the cap by Thursday and definitely won't want to put Carey on the field for practice Wednesday unless he accepts the cut.

Basically, if Carey is practicing Wednesday, that is an almost certain sign he took the paycut. If he is not ... well, you know. But that is not the kicker to this drama.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 02, 2011 05:35PM

Ben Violin's Twitter.

BenVolinPBP Source: Vernon Carey will be at #Dolphins practice on Wednesday

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 03:23AM

Good luck to Carey either way he goes. This guys has been a true phin his entire career. If he walks away I am fine w/ it. Negotiate a contract in true faith and then the team squawks. Then folks want to dump sh** on the players when they strike. Every dumb ass wants to say how they focused on him last year and he sucked. Guy was still rated at #26 of 64 OT. There are a lot worse which we will find out if he leaves and Colombo fills his shoes.

Posted by: Phinlo ()
Date: August 03, 2011 04:14AM

This year has really sucked for middle of the pack players. So many of them have been given the option either take less or walk but i am glad to see him stay.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 05:14AM

I'm glad this guy stayed too. If we sign Davis I think our right side is solid. Even if O'hara comes aboard and Pouncey swings over I think we are solid. I believe part of Carey's problem last year was having a rookie next to him. Could have had issues w/ assignments etc.I thik Pouncey can pick up things quickly and is intelligent and will hold his own. I dunno just how i see it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 03, 2011 05:49AM

Regardless of the pay cut, Carey needs to get in shape and start playing with urgency and emotion. The guy has been coasting ever since Hudson Houck was let go.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 06:18AM

Carey is at practice and playing right Guard as I type!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 06:18AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.