Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A little confused about player current position and no vote last night
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: A little confused about player current position and no vote last night
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 22, 2011 11:19AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 22, 2011 11:33AM

Date: July 22, 2011 11:49AM

Date: July 22, 2011 12:01PM

Like I said, whatever changes that happened were signed off on by De Smith before the owners voted, he is just upset about the supplemental revenue sharing agreement but really cant do anything about it so, this is how he is showing his power by stalling the vote,

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: July 22, 2011 12:15PM

1) They added language regarding profit sharing that "needed" to be reviewed.

2) They also put a timeline in for union re-certification.

3) Set a 10 year term for CBA... "some" players want a 7 year opt out clause.

4) Did not offer any settlement to lawsuit plaintiffs... Vincent Jackson still wants his 10 million.

So, here it is folks... we have identified 4 changes that were added or ommitted from the CBA agreement. Is this all there is?

Date: July 22, 2011 12:25PM

There is more going on here than just some language about revenue sharing.

Obviously, the reps were not going to bring this to a vote because they want to hold out for more concessions.

If a vote was allowed last evening, I would suggest that it would have received more than 50% approval.

Date: July 22, 2011 12:44PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 22, 2011 12:50PM

maybe they just want to wait till this heat wave ends before hitting training camp. it is brutal outside

Date: July 22, 2011 02:53PM

Date: July 22, 2011 02:59PM

Date: July 22, 2011 03:08PM

Date: July 23, 2011 02:30AM

Date: July 23, 2011 02:43AM

so is this list a list of things that were still "open" in the player's view at the time the owners approved and sent them an agreement which "settled" them? or is this saying that D Smith settled them all over the phone with Godell?

Date: July 23, 2011 05:48AM

Date: July 23, 2011 06:07AM

Date: July 23, 2011 06:54AM

Date: July 23, 2011 06:59AM

berk PF2- I am not sure that is 64,000 dollar question. What happend on that phone call between Goodell and De Smith. It was reported that the 2 hashed it out, because De Smith wanted the owners to vote in the Thursday meeting. But who knows, De Smith surely isnt being clear on his end that he didnt come to terms on these issues. The deal is a bit different then the summary, but the players won some and the owners others. Like a 99% first year salary floor. But the owenrs got some with keeping the franchise stuff the same, where the players wanted a player to only be able to be franchised once. It sounds like the deal is a give and take on those issues in the summary.

on a side note, I threw that $64,000 reference in just so Chyren wouldnt think I am too young...

Date: July 23, 2011 07:31AM

PF2-I think if De Smith told the players reps that him and Goodell, hashed these last items out and we gave and took, here is how we handled them. And I reccomend this deal becasue I was the one who agreed to it with Goodell in good faith to get the owners to ratify, and I think we should honor the agreement and show good faith on our side, By our reps doing the same, and then we will further review over the weekend, vote all the players and recertify by monday.

WOuld have happened liked that IMO, if the owners or Goodell didnt put a sour taste in De Smith mouth with the supplemental profit sharing stuff.... If you heard De Smith speak and send an email to the players, that is what he complained about, which was reactionary and emotional and almost sent this thing into a tale spin. Goodell did De SMith dirty on a certain level by dropping that on him out of nowhere, although if he allowed De SMith to know that was an option or intention, the NFLPA would have used that against the owners in the negotiation, and ultimately De SMith has to understand that, and not look at, like Goodell did him in.

De SMith did a good job(except PR) holding his ground against, I would say, as a collective the smartest business minds in the world. If I needed someone to stand in and take the heat against the pitbull attacks of certain lawyers, De Smith would be your man, he had a tough job...All things considered he would get a slightly higher grade then the owners side in my book. I thought the owners would get more of the pie so for that De Smith gets the higher grade, but now since the owners are going to internally share to help low income teams like ourselves, it seems like everything can be balanced out, and the finances make more sence. Teams cash flow hopefully will make more sense, with every team making at least 20+ million cash flow. As I said before, I am worried about our team, and that is my main dog in this fight.. My 3 concerns were addressed, that we can not go cheap on salary because of the floor if the economic troubles were to continue for our team... And how in the world was Mr Ross going to ever make the team cash flow anywhere near that type of 1.1 billion investment. Finally the rookie wage scale and guaranteed money problems to guys without a snap was improved.

Date: July 23, 2011 08:05AM

I haven't read any further reports on the players (takeo spikes) concern over inflation. For the life of me, I can't imagine why he would bring up inflation as one of his major "concerns" at this 11th hour of the CBA process.

Inflation concerns for an agreement that pays 48% on Gross revenues? I just don't get it.

To me it just appears that some of the veteran leadership just wants to drag this thing out so that their roster spot is not replaced by a more talented rookie.

Date: July 23, 2011 09:18AM

Date: July 23, 2011 09:47AM

and no red m&ms in the lockerroom candy bowl

Date: July 23, 2011 03:25PM

Date: July 24, 2011 02:04AM

Date: July 24, 2011 03:28AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 24, 2011 07:05AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> interesting tweets from Albert Breer
>
> AlbertBreerAlbert Breer
> Remember ... After all the hoopla over Thursday
> night ... Goodell & Smith talked just before
> owners voted. Tells you all you need to know
>
> AlbertBreerAlbert Breer
> Firmly believe if De said on Thu, "Roger, don't
> hold that vote", it wouldn't have happened.
> Post-vote euphoria was the problem, not the vote

It amazes me Crowder that you're still trying to prove some kind of mythical timeline, if they ratify it tomorrow, does any of this really matter?

Date: July 24, 2011 09:08AM

It amazes me you even choose to post something in response and call it mythical timeline..., I am just posting what someone much closer to it then you or I is posting about news...
Why would you even care to respond and manifest such a comment as why am I trying to prove a mythical timeline...

I get it you dont like my position DOlph, get over it and yourself, if you have nothing productive to add why even act like a jack a*s with such comments... I posted someones twitter news who I follow..

I am not trying to prove anything, if you took the time to read my post you would see I actually give De SMith props and say he outperfromed his counterparts, I guess if you were not so apt to be against me, you would realize it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 09:22AM by Crowder52.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.