HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          football jones fading
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
football jones fading
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 07:09PM

for the first time ever i am not scouring the web for football news. true there isn't any but I am not really feeling much of a void yet. I am wrapped up in the Heat so that is helping. but I never thought I'd be able to survive a work stoppage and so far I think it's almost out of sight out of mind. anyone else? (this will probably go away once the heat season is over.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: football jones fading
Date: May 24, 2011 07:34PM

Yep. I was really Bumming a week or two ago. I'm snapping out of it. Digging shows like American Chopper more and more, Lots of great stuff ON DEMAND TV as well.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: May 25, 2011 05:24AM

yeah between work and farming i havent even had much time to get on here so so far not too concerned about it.

I figure if nothing else ill always have my hawkeyes this fall to watch

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: May 25, 2011 06:08AM

you're a farmer? what do you grow?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 25, 2011 06:41AM

I am a huge college football fan, so I will be watching football no matter what.

I will miss my Phins if this lockout remains through the season, but only because of the Phins. Because, I am watching football. College will be there.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 25, 2011 07:44AM

What? Miami has a football team? Go HEAT!!! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 25, 2011 07:57AM

I am still anxious to see our new offensive system, how Henne is going to look in it. How Odrick is going to affect the defense line. How good is Wake going to really be..
And I am anxious to see all those draftees in Dolphins uniform, to see what they are made of.... I almost want to sneak into the Michgigan boys workouts... Anyone have an idea where they are taking place.... I would normally guess St Thomas High school, but havent heard comfirmation of that yet
The lack of progress in all of the news stories is what is killing me the most...

And yes, lets go Heat!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 25, 2011 08:00AM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I figure if nothing else ill always have my
> hawkeyes this fall to watch

RESPONSE: HAIL, PURDUE!

Date: May 25, 2011 08:26AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> g_fish55 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I figure if nothing else ill always have my
> > hawkeyes this fall to watch
>
> RESPONSE: HAIL, PURDUE!

Hell no Hawks all the way! but hey at least you and i will have something to talk about come November 19. thumbs up

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: May 25, 2011 08:27AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> you're a farmer? what do you grow?

We grow corn and soy beans around here.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 25, 2011 09:43AM

LOL.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: May 25, 2011 05:01PM

too busy letting my bruins stress me out..but honestly the whole lockout thing is killing my enthusiasim for the season if there is one(for all you lightning fans out there tell your boys just trip a bruin player every 2 mins for the next two games and you are golden...sorry had to vent somewhere and this is the only sports chat room i belong to)

Date: May 25, 2011 05:32PM

smileys with beerAqua&Orange Wrote:
> I am a huge college football fan, so I will be
> watching football no matter what.
>
> I will miss my Phins if this lockout remains
> through the season, but only because of the Phins.
> Because, I am watching football. College will be
> there.

Who is your College team? I'll probably get heat here for being a Gators fan, but so be it. smileys with beer

Date: May 25, 2011 05:53PM

Tarheels baby!!!!

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 25, 2011 05:54PM

Go Illini!

The fact that we have had no free agency and no real organized workouts to install the new offense is killing me.

I am dying to find out what free agents we sign. It will determine the season for us IMO. In particular the qb position.

Not to mention the health of Sheets, Garner, Will Allen and Edds and how he and Odrick progress.

I am really curious about Gates.

I wonder how worried DirecTV is about renewed NFL ticket subscriptions?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 26, 2011 02:14AM

Interest level is down now but this would be a slow time even without the L/out. The bulk of FA news would be over, the draft is in the rearview mirror and OTA news is slow and boring. They settle this thing before missing any games and i'm sure everyone would get right back into it.
Also, i'm not re-uping my Directv until this gets settled, worse case scenario is Directv offers me a good deal to re-up in early Sept.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 26, 2011 01:49PM

Im into the heat as well....But i really cant take much more of those close games....Every game chicago has had a chance with seconds left in the 4th quarter to go up or tie...There is just so much a heart can take...

I was seeingthe 5th game in my room tuesday...My wife barely asleep..

Its about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter the bulls went up by 1 point then the heat went up by 1 then the bulls go up by 1......In the mean time i cant take it no more and start walking across the room....And saying out loud we gonna lose then the heat go up by one and i go ok we gonna win.....

My wife goes half asleep please shut up and let me sleep......And in my mind i say to her STFU and let me see the end please.....But what i really say is....Please honey its almost over just a couple of more minutes.....

the comes overtime.....Then we go up and win and its finnally over....

My coronaries cant take too much of this.

This is exactly how i get watching the phins....As long as i drink my high blood pressure medication i guess i will be alright....

this is exactly what happened that night not a joke...i swear.

I drink diovan hct 160 MG/25MG for the blood pressure......them 25 mgs make you pee like crazy...

Date: May 26, 2011 01:51PM

the difference is with watching these close games, with the phins you just know they are going to lose in the end and you're just shocked if they pull it out. with the heat I just feel they are going to do it!

Date: May 26, 2011 01:57PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> the difference is with watching these close games,
> with the phins you just know they are going to
> lose in the end and you're just shocked if they
> pull it out. with the heat I just feel they are
> going to do it!

Yup exactly.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 26, 2011 03:09PM

Go Bulls!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: May 26, 2011 03:18PM

eesti Wrote:
> Go Bulls!

LOL Eesti..........................GRRRRRRRRR

Date: May 27, 2011 02:32AM

They win another close one!! grinning smiley

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 27, 2011 02:43AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> They win another close one!! grinning smiley

These guys are clutch! I haven't felt THIS good about a team in a LONG time. It doesn't matter if they're down with 2 minutes to go. Based on what I've seen them do, I always feel like they can win. Kind of reminds me of Marino's Phins.

Date: May 27, 2011 08:10AM

eesti Wrote:
> Go Bulls!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.