HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Writing is on the wall.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Writing is on the wall.........
Date: April 29, 2011 08:25PM

OK. I had my tissy fit. I yelled at the wife and the kids,ripped up my draft guides and basically became a Steelers fan for about 2 hours.

OK , now that that is over , Its time to just see the writing on the wall and either accept it or really , I need to move on for a few years until thise regime gets fired too.

2 things really sucked about the draft today.

#1: The Build up and the Hype. There is not 1 person besides those in the war room , that didn't think Miami was finally Finally picking a QB when they gave up 3 picks to move up. Even the announcers where making comparisions between Mallet and Marino. It was a done deal......and the Dolphins PICK.............a running back. Holy shit. Talk about a @#$%& let down. Those two ****suckers. angry smiley

#2 Then he goes to the Pats. As an extra Luxury pick. We can't find 1 decent QB and they are picking guys to bring Tom Brady gatorade inbetween downs.
Talk about adding insult to injury.

The writing is on the wall. The days of Dan Marino airing it out are long gone. All saprano wants to do is run the ball and kick field goals. Safe and Boring. Have the defense keep good field Posistion and then have the offense run the clock . RUN RUN RUN.

Thats whay Brian Dabald is here. Because the other ofensive cordinators wanted to actually throw the ball a few times. Ryan Mallet? He would want to air it out , can't have that. Saprano loses control everytime a QB throws the ball more then 10 yds. He's is a Micro managing control freak. RUN RUN RUN. Thats why the first pick is a Center and the second is a RB. 2 slot recievers and a RB who can catch.

The writing is on the wall. Don't ever look for a top Flight QB while they are running this team. They just want someone to hand the ball off, and dink it 10 yds for good measure. We really are going to be the Joke of the AFC east.

Sons of Bitches. If anyone sees Tony, Jeff and Brian tell them I said to blow me. It rained today. Jim Mandich is crying in heaven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Writing is on the wall.........
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:48PM

Wow, treasurecoast, it's not "THAT" bad...close, but not quite.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 09:07PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:06PM

I can see it it now -

We come in last place this coming season, earn the 1st pick of the draft, and then pass up on drafting Andrew Luck.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:09PM

Except for the temptation to start rooting for the Steelers, I agree with everything TreasureCoast said here.

This is bull! I hear that this guy Thomas is good at running the "Wildcat."

God! Haven't we left that behind.

And I'll tell you another thing. Everyone is talking about how it will be years when Mallet plays.

Has anyone thought of injury?

That we actually had a chance to get him and he was still on the board and we passed.

I'm surprised at you, PhinFans2. You've been preaching getting a QB all year.

You believe all that crap about Mallet and being a headcase?

This is a stupid move and it shows the same regime that made a joke of this franchise in the last two years will make even a bigger joke of it in the next one or even two years.

God, I wish I had a several hundred million dollars to buy the franchise.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 30, 2011 02:25AM

You guys are whining, complainers.

All the analyst before this draft, even Mayock, McShay, Kiper....every single one of them said Henne should be our starter and we need to get talent around him.

IRELAND HAS DONE THAT! Our two biggest areas of need are addressed, RB and Center.

You guys are like children, you want it your way or you are gonna cry.

That's exactly my 2 year olds attitude.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:34AM

Sure, we got a RB, but this league had become a QB-centered league. The rules are set up to favor the QB and WR, NOT the RB. The days of the dominant RB that carries your team to the playoffs are long gone. It makes no sense for us to concentrate on that in lieu of the QB position.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:47AM

Picking a QB to pacify the fans does not make a great GM.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:49AM

^ This.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:50AM

The only thing im afraid of is that we are not going to be that bad this year therefore we wont get the first pick in 2012 andrew luck.

Maybe its a good thing if we stink this year.

Lets suffer for a year and get better for the future.

Im tired of picking in the top 15 or 20 every year and not been able to improve this team.

A franchise Qb would do wonders for any team. We are not that far.

Then again they were talking about changing the squeme for henne.

1.Could henne be the answer afterall. He is young good arm......?

2.Was his confidence shattered last year?

3. Does the front office still believes in henne that we havent addresed the qb position this year in the draft?

4.Do the front office think its a win win situation as far as sticking with henne this year that they gonna change the palys or squemes...????I mean either he becomes great or he really stinks and we draft luck next year?

I have like 300 more questions....

PS>>>BTW i saw ......CSHASHATY..... how do you spell his name???? In a celtics message board....He is a huge celtics fanatic and hates the heat.

He replied to two of my posts and agreed with a few things i had to say about the heat....I posted my thoughts on the next heat celtics matchup..

So .....CSHASHATY.... if you are reading this im the poster by the name of wade3....A lot of the celtics fan agreed with what i had to say about both teams.
As im just intereted in the issues of whats going on with both teams since we are rivals in round 2 of the playoffs...

GO PHINS GO HEAT.

Date: April 30, 2011 03:53AM

Sorry i bring in the heat issue....to this thread....But i just thought id mention it since CSHASHATY is a huge dolphin fan. And i found it interesting he was posting there...

Its his same handle here so i think its him i doubt its somebody posting as him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 03:55AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:55AM

I must admit that I was relieved to hear S Ross say we would become a more exciting offense and disappointed when Sparano implied otherwise. While I am happy with the picks so far, we sure haven't addressed the need for speed yet and it looks like we will be that same old boring offense and without a return man.

We may very well be the worst team in our division now because I think the Bills have surpassed us. If we are fortunate, we could end up with the 1st pick next year and our "Luck" will turn around.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:03AM

You owe your wife and kids an apology.

This is a tough sport and the draft is not an exact science. Therefore, it would be prudent not to tie your emotions to it's results.

It looks like we have just added two players that should be with this team for long term as foundational pieces. Getting these pieces in the offense will be more invited to attract a quality VET QB and or get the current crew moving the chains.

As for offensive strategy, we still need to add overall speed and a quality TE. The new offensive design will require that we pass the ball more to get the lead...but, we still need to be able to run the ball in order to close games out in the 4th quarter. It's way too early to make any actual judgement if our offensive design has really become more aggressive or is just the same ole run first attack.

I think it would be wise to judge this off-season in light of all the off-season moves that are and will be made. Free agency will happen eventially and these draft pieces so far are "must haves" IMHO.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:13AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK. I had my tissy fit. I yelled at the wife and
> the kids,ripped up my draft guides and basically
> became a Steelers fan for about 2 hours.
>
> OK , now that that is over , Its time to just see
> the writing on the wall and either accept it or
> really , I need to move on for a few years until
> thise regime gets fired too.
>
> 2 things really sucked about the draft today.
>
> #1: The Build up and the Hype. There is not 1
> person besides those in the war room , that didn't
> think Miami was finally Finally picking a QB when
> they gave up 3 picks to move up. Even the
> announcers where making comparisions between
> Mallet and Marino. It was a done deal......and the
> Dolphins PICK.............a running back. Holy
> shit. Talk about a @#$%& let down. Those two
> ****suckers. angry smiley
>
> #2 Then he goes to the Pats. As an extra Luxury
> pick. We can't find 1 decent QB and they are
> picking guys to bring Tom Brady gatorade inbetween
> downs.
> Talk about adding insult to injury.
>
>
>
> The writing is on the wall. The days of Dan Marino
> airing it out are long gone. All saprano wants to
> do is run the ball and kick field goals. Safe and
> Boring. Have the defense keep good field Posistion
> and then have the offense run the clock . RUN RUN
> RUN.
>
> Thats whay Brian Dabald is here. Because the other
> ofensive cordinators wanted to actually throw the
> ball a few times. Ryan Mallet? He would want to
> air it out , can't have that. Saprano loses
> control everytime a QB throws the ball more then
> 10 yds. He's is a Micro managing control freak.
> RUN RUN RUN. Thats why the first pick is a Center
> and the second is a RB. 2 slot recievers and a RB
> who can catch.
>
> The writing is on the wall. Don't ever look for a
> top Flight QB while they are running this team.
> They just want someone to hand the ball off, and
> dink it 10 yds for good measure. We really are
> going to be the Joke of the AFC east.
>
> Sons of Bitches. If anyone sees Tony, Jeff and
> Brian tell them I said to blow me. It rained
> today. Jim Mandich is crying in heaven.

The Dolphins will be looking for a new GM, COACH, OWNER in the coming years. The Dolphins are the new Bills or Detroit

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:19AM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: April 30, 2011 05:33AM

You guys are a bunch of fking whiners. It doesn't matter what this team does, you rip on it.

See you crybabies if we have a season this year, because I'm going back into hibernating.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 05:42AM

TheFutt Wrote:
> You guys are a bunch of fking whiners. It doesn't
> matter what this team does, you rip on it.
>
> See you crybabies if we have a season this year,
> because I'm going back into hibernating.

Well this team needs to listen to its fans, we are the whinners who pay to watch the crap they put out there year in and year out.

We demand perfection, and damnit if we don't get it then kick rocks.

Ireland so far has played a "safe" boring approach to our offense.

He took a SLOW rb, and a solid C, which I like, however he gave up ALOT to nab both.

Here's hope that we get McELROY, AND Herzlich.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:16AM

come on futt don't flee the sinking ship!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:28AM

It’s interesting/funny how some change their tune and get back into the company line and file. Must have something to do with submissive training and/or obedience school?

Just kidding!

Hey whatever. Everyone has a right to their O pinion rings and what makes a great Caesar salad and if C cups are big enough for a manly man. But I do know this, if we go into this season and the wheels fall off again at the QB position EVERYONE will be out in the streets fighting to the death with dull butter knives!

And of course it will be the same old song over and over… Yaddie yaddie yah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 06:30AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:29AM

C cups are just fine!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:54AM

Hey, he's not the player I really would have like us to grab (that was Kappernick) but if we are smart enough to draft Stanzi it at least gets us a young, big quarterback in camp to provide depth and competition for Henne and Thigpen. Who BTW should be re-signed as the backup to Henne who should have been the starter going in to 2011 regardless of who we might have picked earlier in the draft.

I'm dissapointed to be sure but the players we've drafted so far will help the team...let's hope that our next couple of picks add depth, playmakers and speed.

If we manage to add Stanzi and Fannin I will be much happier with who we took overall.

Date: April 30, 2011 08:07AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> C cups are just fine!

Knowing BNF, he means ON you, berk, not your choice of the type of women.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 30, 2011 08:24AM

Boo Hoo.....I have to agree with Aqua.

We got three players that will contribute from day 1. And like PF2 said....you can't force what isn't there.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 30, 2011 09:15AM

Cut all the Philosophy 101 crap. Maybe they SHOULD start listening to the fans. The results couldn't be worse !!!!?

Look I'm not talking a West Coast offense here, But have a rounded offense that can Throw and run and Play to other teams weaknesses. basically its gonna be....Miami Dolphins this week guys. That means 2 cornerbacks man to man , and for the rest just throw the Kitchen sink at them and stiffle the run. BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ.

We pay for the @#$%& Tickets and buy the merchandise. Would it kill them to throw us a bone once a @#$%& decade!!!!!!?

B.S. And anyone that says I'm whining can blow me. hard. I'm sick of this shit.

Date: April 30, 2011 09:33AM

Talk about whiners. At least we are whining when it counts, and when it counts is the draft.

You guys look at all the film and forget 1) the film of these guys is of their BEST performances, not their everyday performances, films always make guys look good because it brings with them the optical illusion that the kid performed like this on all plays, 2) even the film shows them against college, not pro, competition and since it shows their best performances it shows them probably against the weakest competition. The only film that matters to me is where the announcer says "And here he is working against (other top college player) or (now Pro star when he was in college).

Let me tell you the psychology of you guys. You see the draft and rarely do the talking heads of the draft say, "Now this is a bad pick." They always talk up the positives.

You guys are like on a drug high satisfied that the ownership must know what they're doing and listening to the positives and seeing the film and say, "Hey we're doing great."

Now I thought Pouncey was a decent pick because I didn't think we valued running back that highly and were going to get Mallet with the next pick or the next best WR. Instead we get a nobody running back. We should have flipped it around and taken Ingram and then got one of the numerous Offensive lineman or centers available.

But what kills me is that when this team SUCKS during the regular season, you will come off your high and try to blame everything on the quarterback and OH YES, YOU WILL CALL THE OWNERSHIP AND COACHING STAFF A BUNCH OF STUPID CLOWNS but you should be doing it now when they make those stupid choices that (like a railroad track) lead inevitably to the train wreck that is the regular season.

And you know they got Thomas to keep the wildcat alive, something that every other team in the NFL is prepared for when they play us.

Date: April 30, 2011 09:44AM

Chyren B what do you want us positive fans to do?

I mean we got no say in what goes on in the dolphins war room.

We all have different opinions.

What do you rather do...

1...Be pissed about the whole thing and get an ulcer

or

2...Go with the flow and hope we get a couple of gems in this draft.

PS. Looks like the phins organization is waitinng until next year to draft a QB early.

To me they think this current QB class is going to be one of the worst less talented in a long time.

Date: April 30, 2011 09:51AM

Wow! That shows how STUPID they are. This is the BEST QB draft since 1983 with Elway, Marino, etc.

But to answer your questions. What you loyal fans do is do your bitching and moaning at the draft and support the team during the regular season, no matter how bad they are, not the other way around.

The other way around makes you a hypocrite because when the team makes the stupid decisions that leads to a bad team on the field, you were blindly supporting them.

Yet, you blame the players once they can't perform (as if anything can be done about it then).

Date: April 30, 2011 09:54AM

Well my whole point was i cant do shit about it and i gotta live with it.

What other choice do i have.

Date: April 30, 2011 09:55AM

Well, I certainly agree with that.

Date: April 30, 2011 10:04AM

Wow....who would have thought a few weeks ago I'd be agreeing with Chyrene 100%.

And I consider myself a very positive Miami Dolphins fan. I just hate all the B.S. and games. What was all the B.S. and smokescreens for? Eating out with Ryan Mallet to throw everyone off so they could waste 3 draft picks to draft a RB? A posistion that is never a good value? And we HAVE 2 Very servicable backs on the rooster as we speak. See an QB's? Thigpen IS IT! So basically we are leaving the #1 posistion open to free agency is it ever happens. And I'm a @#$%& Whiner? I'm not a postive fan? 10 goddamn yrs people! EVERY single posistion drafted today , we have had eleite people at these positions at one time or another. Didn't get us very far did it?

What posistion have we been lacking for a decade now? What posistion haven't we filled at all in the past decade? The only success we had briefly was Jay Fielder and Chad Pennington. And guess what? We made the Playoffs each time. We had the #1 running back 1800 yds in 2002 and where did we go? Couch surfing.

I'm not just a negative person. I have EXPLAINED myself . This is 100% Bullshit. And because i am such a good fan is why I'm so pissed off about it. I'm sick and tired of picking up other peoples Trash for the #1 posistion in the NFL.

The Pats , The Jets and the Bills will Continue to dominate us because they addressed the posistion through the draft.

F You Saprano and Irelend! may you all drink Mexican Tap water and get a bad case of the sneezes!

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.