HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          4th Round
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
4th Round
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:02PM

There is still some value in the 4th I would try to move next years 3rd for a 4th and 5th and try to get Vigil green, A RB like Bradford, Fanin, Rodgers, Jones, Cartyher hunter, Powell, and maybe Edmund gates, Ricardo Lockette, Tori Gurley or Deandre Brown, Greg Salas

helu & Green were quicker than Thomas and comparable size.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 4th Round
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:06PM

I think it could be TE, WR, or RB in round 4. Depends on who is available. TE may be the best bet, because with a thin talent pool, none are likely to slip too late.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:09PM

2 RB's?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:20PM

Yes two RB's in this draft would be a good way to go as long as one of them is Mario Fannin...that would address youth, power AND speed at the position.

Then, all we would be lacking for next years draft is a QB to compete with Henne, a TE with speed, a WR with speed, and a TE with speed.

Depressing, because we could have done so much more with our skill positions THIS year.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:22PM

DJ Williams

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:23PM

Reggie Bush, Deangelo Williams, Bradshaw. I mean I think we could have spent on FA, and gotten some more help in other area's MLB, TE maybe NT maybe.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:28PM

hankerson went to WA with our 3d rounder. he's gonna be a pro bowler, mark it down

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:31PM

Well Hankerson, shit I would much rather have had him, hell he is a Dolphin fan.

Did you see the look on his face when Washington, he was like really? These assholes. BAHHHH.

Thank you Ireland, I can't wait till your gone, only thing I have to look forward to is draftng McElroy, however I dought he does it.

He will prob trade up and take Stanzi. Goodnite.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:35PM

where is the speeeeeed in this draft??? we are really retooling our 3 yds and cloud of dust fist pump no sin to punt offense!

Date: April 29, 2011 05:43PM

Rickey Stanzi!? Just joking. Its pathetic. We see this. Why can't anyone in the Dolphins front Office!? I think the worst part of this was when Miami fans saw that they had made the move to move up , everyone , even the annoucers thought it was for Ryan Mallet. And they took a RB. Its like they enjoy Toying with us like a puppy on the end of a chew Toy. Do I dare even say.....Rickey Stanzi!? We are so screwed. Rickey Williams ran for 1800 yds and they still didn't make the Playoffs that year. Why can't this team realize the importance of the QB posistion? I'm almost rooting for a Lockout this season.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:45PM

Well, Thomas is faster than Ronnie and Ricky at this point.

Look for SMU WR Aldrick Robinson to be picked to add some speed to the WR corps and the return game. And I think we'll take a receiving threat TE, maybe Virgil Green, maybe Julius Thomas or DJ Williams. And there will be a RB or two who slip through to round 7, and we'll get one of them. And it will be more of a speedster.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:46PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rickey Stanzi!? Just joking. Its pathetic. We
> see this. Why can't anyone in the Dolphins front
> Office!? I think the worst part of this was when
> Miami fans saw that they had made the move to move
> up , everyone , even the annoucers thought it was
> for Ryan Mallet.

Not the first time we faked out announcers who thought we were taking a QB. Same thing happened when we passed on Drew Brees and Brady Quinn. The first was a bonehead move. The second was a wash.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:11PM

Best available at our positions of need (the rankings are from nfl.com). I, for one, would be thrilled with Kendall Hunter to team with Thomas. Don't overlook Todman, because of Sparano's UConn connection. And he's a kick returner, too, so he could fill a couple of voids. Maybe we could trade down in the 4th, get Todman, and pick up an extra later pick.

WR Tandon Doss (4.55)
WR Edmond Gates (4.31)
RB Taiwan Jones (4.32)
RB Kendall Hunter (4.46)
WR Dwayne Harris (4.53)
RB Johnny White (4.50)
RB Jacquizz Rodgers (4.59)
WR Greg Salas (4.53)
TE Luke Stocker (4.68)
RB Jordan Todman (4.40)
QB Ricky Stanzi
TE Virgil Green (4.54)
RB Dion Lewis (4.56)
RB Derrick Locke (4.37)
WR Jeremy Kerley (4.56)
WR Niles Paul (4.45)
WR Ricardo Lockette (4.34)

Date: April 29, 2011 06:27PM

no dj williams on that list?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2011 06:34PM

Yeah, DJ Williams should be on that list!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 29, 2011 06:49PM

My bad. I missed DJ Williams on their list. He should be in this group.
But, for us, I'm not sure we'd be interested. At 6'2, he definitely doesn't fit the TE prototype.

The more I look at this, the more I think they go RB again. It would be very difficult to pass on Hunter or Jones if either falls to them. Both would complement Thomas very well. Or, they could trade down in the round, get Todman, and add a later pick.

I think we wait on WR until the 6th or 7th round, and hope that Aldrick Robinson, Denarius Moore, Cecil Shorts, Terrance McRae, Ron Johnson, Kris Adams, or Ricardo Lockette is still there.

TE is definitely a possibility in round 4. I think it comes down to TE or RB, and where they think a guy they like may slip to round 6.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:55PM

I'd rather sign deangelo williams and spend our #4 on WR or TE, not another RB. we've already got a big slow meathead TE in fasano, so why do we need another one? I am fine with williams at 6-2, he can be a seam threat we need

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:06PM

I see us trading into the 4th round to take another player that we target tommorrow because at this point we aren't valuing are drasft picks anyway. Better make sure we get the players this team wants.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:26PM

Date: April 30, 2011 03:23AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd rather sign deangelo williams and spend our #4
> on WR or TE, not another RB. we've already got a
> big slow meathead TE in fasano, so why do we need
> another one? I am fine with williams at 6-2, he
> can be a seam threat we need

Williams may not be a free agent, depending on what happens with the CBA. And right now, is he is a free agent, he'd also cost a 1st and 3rd rd pick next year as compensation to sign. And he'd probably be looking at a 5 year, $25M deal, for a guy who missed 10 games last year with a foot injury.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.