HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Daniel Thomas
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Daniel Thomas
Date: April 29, 2011 05:22PM

If I ever meet Brian Daboll I'm going to punch him in the face and piss on him.

Second coming of Wannstadt.......Run Run Run, and then to throw defenses off track a bit.......Run the ball again. maybe Daniel Thomas can beat Rickey Williams record and run for 2000 yds next season so we don't make the playoffs. angry smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:28PM

I looked him up and the NFL combine stats show a 4.60...if it's a mistake then so be it.

In any event he's not fast. That's the whole point anyway.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:29PM

Lex hilliard anyone?????? WHOHOOOOOOOO GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:40PM

Bill Parcells had him as a 2nd round value, and the 3rd best RB in the draft. Pro Football Weekly had him as the 4th best RB, and a 2nd round value. Mel Kiper had him as the 3rd best RB, and a 2nd round value. Mike Mayock had him his 3rd best RB. Gil Brandt has him as the 4th best RB.

This was not a reach by any stretch of the imagination.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:45PM

It is when he may be the best QB on the rooster .........sad smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:46PM

maybe not a reach but not with this team needed. if he fell to us at 3, then maybe, but to move up to take a slow plodding back (who fumbles), I would much rather have taken a speedy RB or WR or just stayed put if we weren't trying to get mallet (the only player I could understand a trade up for)

Date: April 29, 2011 05:52PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> maybe not a reach but not with this team needed.
> if he fell to us at 3, then maybe, but to move up
> to take a slow plodding back (who fumbles), I
> would much rather have taken a speedy RB or WR or
> just stayed put if we weren't trying to get mallet
> (the only player I could understand a trade up
> for)

Mallett? Isn't it pretty clear that no team saw him as a franchise QB? Every "QB needy" team passed on him, some of them 3 times.

We have no RBs under contract today. None. Zero. Under the old CBA rules, we would still hold the rights to Lex Hilliard and Kory Sheets (coming off a torn achilles). But, with no CBA in place, there is potential that either could bolt and sign elsewhere. So, we had a desperate, desperate need for a RB who can be a feature back. And this regime likes big football players. Thomas runs a 4.55, which is not bad for a 230 lb running back.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:54PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Mallett? Isn't it pretty clear that no team saw
> him as a franchise QB? Every "QB needy" team
> passed on him, some of them 3 times.
>
Lots of teams passed on Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc.. Don't mean sh*t.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:23PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> very unimpressed with the video. dude can't break
> a 10 yard run even with a huge hole. longest run
> on that vid was like 15 yards before I clicked it
> off in disgust. how is this guy considered a
> potential great back?

Ireland said he had 40 runs of 10 yards or more.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:27PM

yeah, 11 yards!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 29, 2011 06:27PM

I’m starting to wonder if this regime is deliberately sabotaging this franchise?

We should have traded down in R1 if only a few spots and the traded down again etc. and the depth of our draft would be remarkably superior. Blowing our entire R1 wad on a C (or maybe just a G) and then dealing multiple picks to get back into R2 for a RB is just crazy.

We could have taken chicken bones to trade down and then down again and maybe even again and got the same relative talent we’ve drafted and probably added Mallett (or another QB ) and more draft capital. But no. We’re so close all we need is a C and effectively a recycled version of Ronnie Brown. Why didn’t these idiots resign Ronnie when they had the chance and use the draft pick elsewhere? That just makes too much sense for these clowns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 06:28PM by BigNastyFish.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:28PM

bnf, no one wanted to trade down with us.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:33PM

That's what Ireland says. You trust him??? I certainly don't. We could have traded down for an R3 or R4. Not a R2. But a number of teams would have moved up IF we made the deal attractive.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2011 06:35PM

I do. I whole-heartedly believe he would have done whatever he could have to trade down.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 29, 2011 06:39PM

Fact (and go watch the Press Conf): Ireland admitted (if he's to be believed at all) that he subsequently found out a "number of teams" were attempting to move up to get Pouncy. Well, if other teams wanted him there were certainly potential trade partners…

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: April 29, 2011 06:51PM

But Ireland wanted Pouncy. That was a great pick!! If Ireland felt he could have traded back and still landed Pouncy, he may have made a move. But the interest in Pouncy was getting hot, or a least Ireland felt so. He got the guy he wanted going in. Can't blame him.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:00PM

Reminds me a little of Mcfadden, Demarco Murray and Marcus Allen's running style. if he is half as productive as Allen this would be a good pick

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:19PM

Stat similar to Matt Forte

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:38PM

After watching the video I don't have a real problem with the way he runs and he does have a nifty move or two in him...

That said, he seems to hit his top speed within a step of hitting the hole and he has little burst after that. He certainly isn't running away from anyone once he gets in space...he didn't do it in college and in the pro's he gets caught by everyone on the field.

Let's hope the coaches work on his speed a bit and find some thats untapped...he'll need it.

Initialy I think, Good pick "IF" he stays healthy and "IF" we can add Mario Fannin to the stable as a homerun hitter out of the backfield. (provided Ireland has the sense to draft him)

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:23PM

Date: April 29, 2011 10:50PM

Amen so far this draft is a D+

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: April 30, 2011 02:16AM

We will know next year how well this regime did in this draft, but for now... I see us as having already filled two needs with "starters" and could care less about anything else. Many of us complained about our center's play last year, so we now have young blood there, plus we all could see that Ronnie was not the same back after his last injury. Speed backs are all fine and dandy, but are usually not complete season performers, so I like this pick, and especially what I see with his footwork, vision, and ability to shake off people. That run at 4:02 highlights exactly what we need in a running back. Ricky was straight ahead and down at first contact last year. Ronnie was running in place behind the line which allowed defenders to box him in. If this guy can stay healthy...I see an upgrade for sure, and less 3rd and longs for whoever the QB is going to be.

Date: April 30, 2011 02:20AM

If we would have taken Ingram in the 1st, we wouldnt have gotten a lineman that was any where near as good as Pouncey is. We have our anchor.

But, Thomas is widely regarded as just a slight less than Ingram, so we got the best Center, and 3rd best RB in this draft....

I say Ireland pulled a great draft so far, in our 2 biggest areas of need.

---------------------

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 30, 2011 02:22AM

Address 2 glaring needs with the best center in the draft and the 3rd/4th best RB and people bitch and moan.........just saying.

Date: April 30, 2011 03:07AM

A&O is right. This is a really bad draft for Centers. Pouncey is the only top shelf talent at the position. Had they gone RB in the first round, they'd be drafting a project at center, not a guy they can pencil into the lineup from day one. Plus, not everyone is sold on Ingram, and he has a knee issue. And look where he got drafted. He'd have been a reach at 15.

Date: April 30, 2011 03:16AM

If we didnt pick either of those guys (Pouncey or Ingram), Pouncey would still have gotten picked about 10 spots higher than Ingram did.

Matter of fact, I dont necessarily think the Saints had to move up to 28 to get him.....I think he may have fell to 32...the Pack.

---------------------

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:11AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Amen so far this draft is a D+

+1 here. Mallet going to the Pats is a big problem, Pats will groom him into another Brady giving them another decade in the top spot

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:15AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> Mia1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Amen so far this draft is a D+
>
>
> +1 here. Mallet going to the Pats is a big
> problem, Pats will groom him into another Brady
> giving them another decade in the top spot

OH NO There is HECKELL agreeing with JECKYLL.

Date: April 30, 2011 05:39AM

Date: April 30, 2011 05:46AM

I would rather traded down for Weiniski.

However Ireland is ding his thing.

We reached for Thomas, and gave up three picks for the guy, jury still out, however I don't like the draft so far.

At least Pouncy should be a starter, I don't think Thomas will beat out Sheetz, and Brown, and will have his hands full against Hilliard.

Yeah we drafted a third down back in the second!!!! YEAHHHHHH

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.