HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Are You Kidding Me??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are You Kidding Me??
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:58PM

Is this some kind of easter surprise??? This is just a stupid darn pick i mean are you serious?? 3 out of 4 first round picks are OL and we still cant run the freaking rock? i mean holy shit with this much so called damn talent noway this team should not be in the top 5 running teams but hell we cant get to the top 20!!! so let me see, these guys combined making what a quarter billion yes with a b! cant open up a hole 2 ft wide so a better than average rb can get thru it, now we have crap crap crap for a rb and get another OL! who do they plan to run it??? this team just sucks worse as the freaking days go on. OH dont worry sparano you were clearly the best choice so dont get upset old ross told you he wasnt shopping?? duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh. Im sorry guys for the rant, but with the 15th pick they didnt solve a damn thing nothing. just a damn waste.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are You Kidding Me??
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:35AM

Wow. You're dumb.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:40AM

They solved our starting Center position for the next 10-12 years.

Do you realize how important the Center position is? Do you understand that the Center makes all the O-line calls? Do you realize we now have Vince Wilfork, Marcel Dareus, and Muhammed Wilkerson all in our division?

Berger aint blocking those guys.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:42AM

I agree it was a good thing shoring up our center position, but at what cost?

I mean yeah he is a good player, but the lack of a trade down really chaps my ass.

I think he would have lasted about 4 more spots down the board, only if we could have traded down once, then taking him, would made me really happy, if we could have picked up a second round.

Date: April 29, 2011 02:45AM

So if he is Dwight Stevenson, or heck, even his brother (who made the Pro-Bowl last year) he was too expensive because he was picked at #15?

Thats crazy.

The two most important positions on an O-line are LT and Center.

---------------------

Date: April 29, 2011 02:50AM

No not because we took him, because Ireland couldnt work out a deal with any team to trade back and still nab him.

Look I understand that he prob couldnt find a trade partner, so we where stuck drafting somone.

I like the draft pick, don't get me wrong, in fact will do waunders for our team.

I just hope a couple people drop, because we dont have a pick untill like 40 some picks later.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:54AM

You can't trade down unless there is a team who wants to trade up to your spot. It's not like it's a thing you can just do if you want to.

Date: April 29, 2011 02:55AM

I think most people are crying because we didnt take a QB.

I think we are going to look back and see that most of these QB's were.....lemons.

---------------------

Date: April 29, 2011 02:56AM

Well Im glad we didnt take a QB, again I love the pick, just pissed about the lack of ego stroking to get somone to pull the trigger to move into our position.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:59AM

Interior Oline was one of our biggest problems last year. While the trade down made sense. Obviously Ireland never got an offer he found acceptable. If Fairley had fallen a little farther we might have gotten the trade down offer we wanted, but when Detriot took him our trade partners probably dissappeared..
Since we had to hold the pick, Pouncey, while a bit of a reach, was the best interior line men in the draft. I am just hoping he can hike the ball better then he did last year.

Date: April 29, 2011 03:03AM

Date: April 29, 2011 03:08AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Im glad we didnt take a QB, again I love the
> pick, just pissed about the lack of ego stroking
> to get somone to pull the trigger to move into our
> position.

You better MIA, if I remember correctly, you were saying we were going to draft a first rd center, last year in September or October. Everybody called you out as, not knowing what you were talking about.... Well what do you know, we drafted a center in the first rd....lol....smileys with beer
GO back and look it up, and serve up the crow to those that doubted your call....lol
WHo cares if you called every other position since then...hahahah

Date: April 29, 2011 03:14AM

Look its not a surprise that we took a center, I just really reallly wanted one trade down.

Yeah I know calling that is what I do, but still no second round pick.

I think Casey Mathews in the third would make the most sense, and best pick if he is available.

I don't like Dobbins, he is a bust, we get numb nutts back, but Crowder will get hurt again this year, so we REALLY need another ILB bad@!!!!!!

Date: April 29, 2011 03:19AM

Yeah, thats right. Mia1 called this last year.

---------------------

Date: April 29, 2011 03:26AM

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:29AM

WHO WOULD you HAVE PICKED?

Date: April 29, 2011 03:32AM

I would have taken Pouncy.

I just would have tried everything to trade down first.

Date: April 29, 2011 03:58AM

A&O,
I'll eat crow as well, I did not think Pouncey would go higher then his brother. And A&O predicted that about 6 months ago, and you said it is the pick you wanted. You also called the Newton pick.
SO in my book the 2 winners are A&O and Mia.... I wanted Newton...never got the chance.....

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:20AM

If we trade down....we miss out on Pouncey as he goes at 19.

Not one player after him could have helped as much.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:35AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote: They solved our starting Center position for the next 10-12 years.

That’s nothing but PURE SPECULATION on your part. The kid hasn’t done anything yet (like proving he can stay healthy in the NFL) so there’s no way you can legitimately make that kind of statement IMO.

I agree the C is an important position and have been looking for us to solve QB #1 and C #2. That was my hope for this draft – take 2 QB’s and 2 interior OL and spend the rest on whatever looks the best. But in reality Pouncy at 15 is a significant reach IMO. In addition, it’s rare for a C to go in R1 so Pouncy better be DOMINANT right away and not just a highly athletic college player. I don’t see Pouncy being all that physical at the point – he’s great in the open field but that’s not going to move out any 350lb NT. So don’t be surprised when Pouncy is NOT as NFL ready as some think. He is NOT in the mold of Nick Mangold and is the lesser version of his brother. Yet we take him at 15 when what we really need is a franchise QB? Bull shit. These monkey’s don’t have the balls to do what great front offices do – and beyond that they don’t have the brains.

Hey, I hope I’m wrong but the odds are I’m not. Ireland is nothing but a canned-ass formula follower and doesn’t have the creativity or the vision to build a great team. And I think we all know Sparano is nothing more than a solid position coach. He’s overmatched as a HC and looked lost more often than not last year – especially as the wheels fell off (ultimately losing the team).

Sure I can drink the sugar water and say we’re a playoff team and Ireland and Sparano are at the TOP of their game. And Henne will somehow reinvent his entire game and become a legit NFL QB, or maybe Thigpen lights it up, and Jake Long’s shoulder will hold up to heavy lifting and Pouncy will handle 350lbs one-on-one and…

At this point with this mucked-up mess I reserve the right to be a bit skeptical.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:22AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 06:30AM

guys--from all accounts they want to play him at G and not C.
my biggest problem with Pouncy is we don't know if he is a G or C. I want a guy who is so awesome of course you know he is 1 or the other. This looks like more temptation for Sporano to get cute with the line and constantly shuffle players around, leaving us where we were last year.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:39AM

Date: April 29, 2011 07:05AM

hmmm, where did I read that he was going to be put at G and Incog at C?
I'd want him at C, Incog at RG where he played through his career and is at his best, and then who at LG? i don't think Jerry is suited for that spot....
but since pouncy is a good pulling G, I think he ends up at LG, Incog at C, and Jerry at RG assuming Jerry pulls it together.
thoughts?

Date: April 29, 2011 07:29AM

According to the article Treasure posted, Incognito says he will play LG and Pouncey will be at Center, and Jerry, Berger, and another will "duke" it out for the RG spot.

You dont draft a Guard at #15. You draft a Center. Pouncey is our starting Center.

---------------------

Date: April 29, 2011 07:40AM

I don't think historically Gs get drafted higher than C. It is the unusal guy at either potion who goes as high as 15 (I can't think of one who ever went that high, Iupati went lower last year).

Date: April 29, 2011 08:15AM

Date: April 29, 2011 08:18AM

Too late for that. Henne is obviously here to stay.

---------------------

Date: April 29, 2011 08:25AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to the article Treasure posted,
> Incognito says he will play LG and Pouncey will be
> at Center, and Jerry, Berger, and another will
> "duke" it out for the RG spot.
>
> You dont draft a Guard at #15. You draft a Center.
> Pouncey is our starting Center.

I agree. He is Our Center, They might state both posistions to make him seem more versitle and a better pick at #15, but he's playing center.

Date: April 29, 2011 08:30AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote: Too late for that. Henne is obviously here to stay.

Again, you may be right but I wouldn't be shocked if they wind up taking 2 QB's in the balance of this draft. if we sell the farm to get into R2 then they'll probably just take one - tho an R7 QB would score 1/2 point...

I'm just 100% convinced Henne sucks rancid corn cobs and wouldn't be surprised he ends up in the trash sooner than later.

REMEMBER: his performance last year was horrible by any standard. I can't believe these idiots are dumb enough to trust another season with him at the helm. I mean they can't be THAT *#c&ing stupid.

Really?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.