HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          patsies do it again...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
patsies do it again...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 28, 2011 06:15PM

Trade with the Saints, pick up their (Saints) 2nd roun pick tomorrow, giving them 3 picks in the 2nd round....

AND ANOTHER 1st ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR!

Makes me sick.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: patsies do it again...
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 06:33PM

Smart player evaluation and not panicking reaching for players

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 06:46PM

Seahawks cough cough lol.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:27AM

Cleveland made out pretty darn good. Atl gave up way way too much for Julio Jones. Ridiculous!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:30AM

I don't care really every one says Belechick is a genius. I think he out smats himself really because they win in the regular season and choke in the playoffs. Every one thinks he's this genius but other teams play him as well. That's why it called positioning and drafting folks.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:42AM

they outsmart themselves more times than not. you think if they could go back and do it they'd have taken clay matthews rather than repeatedly trading down so that GB could get him? I think we will be saying the same thing next year, when they passed on Ingram. NO's pick will be in the mid to low 20s anyway, so it's not such a hot pick. the pats can go f* themselves!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:27AM

Actually I love the trade they made this year.

They get the first pick in the second, which will be Bowers.

They will prob get the best RB available in the second, and also the best WR available in the second this year.

Next year they will trade both first rounds and prob a second to acquire Luck number one overall lol.

Wouldnt that SUCK!!!

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 29, 2011 06:00AM

The Pats always move up and down. It happens all the time. Some people get all worried about it. It doesn't bother me. The Pats are still benefiting from hitting on their second pick in the 6th round pick in 2000. At some point, that pick will stop paying returns for them. Then we'll see how good Belichick is at drafting. Also, since that pick was made in 2000, they have had their share of draft blunders.

They traded up for Daniel Graham. Graham was the 21st pick in 2002. He was acquired from Washington for the Patriots first round pick (32nd), third round pick (96th) and seventh round pick (234th) of the 2002 draft.

They traded up for Bethel Johnson. Johnson was picked in the 2nd round (45 overall) in 2003. The Pats gave up a 2003 second round pick (50 overall) and a 2003 fourth round pick (120 overall). Interestingly, Anquan Boldin was picked in the 2nd round, #54 overall.

They traded up for Chad Jackson, who was taken 36 overall in 2006. The Patriots traded a second round pick in the 2006 draft (52nd overall - who just happened to be WR Greg Jennings) and a third round pick in the 2006 draft (75th overall - C Jason Spitz) to the Green Bay Packers in order to pick Jackson at 36.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.