HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WOW Adrian Peterson said NFL owners are
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WOW Adrian Peterson said NFL owners are
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 15, 2011 09:38AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WOW Adrian Peterson said NFL owners are
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:27AM

What a total A..

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 15, 2011 11:10AM

I said it in another post, the players are starting to lose the PR war IMO.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: March 15, 2011 12:35PM

When your a billionaire owner, trust me, the players will lose. PLAY BALL BOYS!!

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 15, 2011 01:42PM

This just proves what I have been stating on this board. Th e players are ignorant SOB's and deserve what is happening to them by the owners. Slaves huh AP gets paid millions to fumble the damn ball, and he is a slave. That is why if the owners bring in new players so be it. Let this inbisel make his living off of his smarts. I really think the players need to be put in their place. What a great comparison AP playing football and pickin cotton. I see where the 2 go hand in hand moron.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 15, 2011 03:43PM

I just deleted two posts on this thread. Authors--you know who you are.

We can discuss this without making personal insinuations about sexual relations, can't we?

Even if you think you were just joking, still not necessary and not appropriate.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 15, 2011 04:32PM

Well, rhetoric does tend to get overblown. Clearly this was an example. Of course, it, at the same time, serves to diminish the absolute horror of slavery, so that statement can be attacked from the left as well as from the right and center.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 15, 2011 04:36PM

Sometimes I think famous people need someone to teach them that saying nothing is best at times.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 15, 2011 05:36PM

Ain't it the truth----Curly of the Three Stooges.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 16, 2011 03:25AM

Wish I could collect that kind of slave wages!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 16, 2011 05:03AM

Well AP your fired. Kick rock's and I hope you break a leg the next time you suit up!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 16, 2011 05:48AM

AP gets paid like 50 mill dollars and calls this modern day slavery?

MY my my how far have we come since the real time slavery days.

Pathetic.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 16, 2011 05:20PM

That is a ridiculously stupid comment by AP.

Also stupid for the players to try and ruin the draft day's of the rookies by keeping them out of NY. Once in a life time opportunity.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 17, 2011 04:55AM

Anybody still siding with the players?

You know the people who can be replaced in a second by somone who is actually gratefull to make decent money playing a game?????

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 05:39AM

Date: March 17, 2011 06:03AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anybody still siding with the players?
>
> You know the people who can be replaced in a
> second by somone who is actually gratefull to make
> decent money playing a game?????

To add to what phinsfan said, I also wouldn't let the idiotic words of 1 player sway me one way or another, it's just as stupid as Panthers owner Jerry Richardson's condescending quote below;

“Jerry Richardson . . . he’s going to criticize Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and their intelligence in our meeting Saturday?” Feely said. “And sit there and say dismissively to Manning ‘Do I need to help you read a revenue chart son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don’t know if you know how to read that?’”

Also mia1, you are so sadly mistaken if you think these players can be "replaced in a second". If it was that easy there would be 10 pro leagues right now.

Date: March 17, 2011 07:02AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->

> Also mia1, you are so sadly mistaken if you think
> these players can be "replaced in a second". If it
> was that easy there would be 10 pro leagues right
> now.

Yup i agree......Whos gonna replace them college players , AFL or arena league players?

Date: March 17, 2011 07:03AM

I don't care people playing a game that get paid damn good money.

The only argument is they take a physical toll on there bodies.

Ok here is the rebuttle on that one!!!

Military personaly, especially infantry take a heavy mental, and physical toll, more so than people who play a game.

Yet they make scraps compared to the average nfl player.

Yet here you guy's go defending the poor nfl player.

Sure the average player could make more, and the retirement packages could be better, but come on blame the top played players for this debacle.

Also if there was a rookie wage scale set in place then you wouldnt have as much a issue with the players either.

I think that the players should make 48 to 50 % of the money, and pay more out to the lower men then shelling out butt loads to 4 or 5 guys on one team.

The sad part is, the players under the last CBA made most of the money, and yet the average schmoe still made peanuts compared to high priced rookies, and superstars.

Again I don't feel for any of them, especially the AP's of the league.

I also want lower ticket prices so one day I could actually afford to bring my family to a game, and not cost 1000 dollars.

Its ludacris, and insulting that team's charge a arm, and a leg so I can sit 100's of feet away, to where I can barely see the players play the game.

Also I hope the Direct TV only BS will be disspersed as well to cable, and dish.

Date: March 17, 2011 07:09AM

I dont side with the players or owners...

First of all its the owners fault, these players are making that kind of money in the first place, therefore ticket sales skyrocket like that and a hotdog coke cost about 10 bucks.

Date: March 17, 2011 07:12AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I dont side with the players or owners...
>
> First of all its the owners fault, these players
> are making that kind of money in the first place,
> therefore ticket sales skyrocket like that and a
> hotdog coke cost about 10 bucks.

You pretty much nailed it, however when the NFL started making billions, the players where like come on man? We need some money, so again its both there faults, players and owner's.

Date: March 17, 2011 07:52AM

I don't really know why it has to be "pick a side and bash the other", the only time people have really defended the players is when someone starts a "poor owners" post. Phinsfans above post pretty much hit the nail right on the head, it was the owners that brought this all on due to greed, they could of waited till the current CBA ran out in 2013 and then lobbied for a bigger cut of the pie, they kinda set the tone by opting out 2 years after signing it. Now as it's been stated before, the pay scale is out of whack (superstars and rookies) and that needs to be addressed, so the players arent lilly white in this thing either.

One other question Mia1, do you really think the owners would ever significantly lower prices under any circumstances? I don't care if the players agreed to 25% of the cut, the "lower prices" horse is out of the barn and it's way too late to close the door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 09:16AM by dolphaholic.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 17, 2011 08:15AM

Prices will stay the same as long as there are people willing to buy tickets and stadiums are full. That is not the case in Miami, but it sure is in Denver.
The Broncos sell out every year with season tickets. If I wanted to buy a season ticket I would go on a waiting list that would take years and then get a lousy seat.
So why should they lower prices? It sucks but it ain't happening.
It's about supply and demand.

Date: March 17, 2011 07:25PM

Well Leon Denver is a expensive place to live.

Alot of people there got the money, and the good paying job's.

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: March 18, 2011 07:50PM

What was it like playing in college ????? If playing in the NFL is like slavery !!! I think its time the NFL owners get some respect ! Millionaires playing a game ! If we could all be so lucky !

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: March 19, 2011 04:14AM

In 1994, I walked away from baseball. Back then, I could tell you the batting averages and ERAs of all the players and bled Dodger blue. Then came the strike. Players were averaging 7 million dollars a season and gripping that they were not making enough. I couldn't believe it. I realized that it was absolutely disgraceful that these guys made so much to play a child's game. However, it is a capitalistic society and since our culture values entertainment so much then the laws of supply and demand dictate the prices and wages.
Therefore I don't blame the players or owners, they are obligated to maximize their profits.

Blame lies solely with the fans. Our society overvalues entertainment in general. Professional sports are entertainment. As viewers, we demand it and despite escalating prices, we continue to purchase tickets and concessions, expose ourselves to the advertising, buy the apparel and other merchandise etc. In general, we make the owners and athletes rich.

As business men the owners and their executives are savy. They will analyze their statistics and charts. Where supply crosses demand, they will set their prices. They will try to find more and more ways to expand and take money out of our pockets. Again I have no problem with that. That is their job.

What is lost in all of this, is the role of the fan. You don't have to continue to be raped and pillaged by this industry. The average man can no longer take his family to see games regularly. However, the power is within us, collectively, to stop this nonsense. Colluding fans need to sit at the bargaining table and negotiate lower prices.

In 1994, when baseball died to me, I was but one person and although many others stopped watching, it made a relatively small impact. We must remember that we are Adam Smith's invisible hand, but it is time that we stop being invisible.

This is a call to arms. Understand that, in this day and age, it is not as difficult for fans to come together. The impact of social media like Facebook and Twitter make it a realistic prospect. All we need is a leader for this movement. Who will represent and unite the fans?

If you read this, take a moment and post it to a forum or forward it in an email. We can take our sport back. All we need is someone and everyone.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Twilley

Date: March 19, 2011 05:31AM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:54AM

the players, like AP calling them slave owners

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: March 19, 2011 12:31PM

No, AP's disrespecting slaves, his intelligance and the black community with such an idiotic statement. How does that comment disrespect the owners?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 19, 2011 02:52PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 19, 2011 06:21PM

Mia1 Wrote:

> Military personaly, especially infantry take a
> heavy mental, and physical toll, more so than
> people who play a game.
>
> Yet they make scraps compared to the average nfl
> player.

Hello Mia -

Just making it back home mentally unscathed and in one piece to enjoy the simple creature comforts in life is priceless, no matter what job a war fighter has while deployed. It's amazing how so much in life is taken for granted.

Two more months of suck for me & I'll be home.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.