Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How many of you received an email from Goodell?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How many of you received an email from Goodell?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 11, 2011 10:09PM

I did. But I don't know why?

Was it because I am a member of this chatboard? If so, how many of you did?

In case you didn't, here it is pasted

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
Roger Goodell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How many of you received an email from Goodell?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:59AM

Reply and ask him did he get his $1 pay check yet.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 05:55AM

I got it, I think it's b/c I signed up for something on nfl.com once. Or opted in to a class action suit that got me a coupon for 10% off official nfl merchandise under $100. woo hoo!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 12, 2011 09:38AM

It must be for one of the reasons Berk mentioned. phins.com has no connection to the NFL and I'm quite sure Curt does not share our private information (i.e., email addresses) with anyone.

IF anyone registered with NFL.com for anything such as a screen name for chat rooms/message boards, this would explain why you got a mass mailing from the Commish. Or, it's a fraudulent spam job altogether.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 12:49PM

I got one yesterday also I am not sure why either guess we are special.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: March 12, 2011 01:54PM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:19PM

well have to see how it goes, if it ends up getting resolved before missing any game time hell look like a saint and and forever be revered as a savior.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: March 12, 2011 03:42PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:45PM

I'm a fan, and I hate the guy, also pretty sure many of you fan's on here also hate Goodell, for being a douchbag.

He is on his way out, and Ghoti, I think you got it all wrong about the owners.

They have been planning this since 93. Jerry Jones has at least lol....

Players union hasnt had anything planned for more than 2 years max, and are behind the curve.

Date: March 12, 2011 04:05PM

I was a member of Miamidolphins.com as was Curt, JC (I think), Realist, and some others that don't come to mind now.

I have never been a member of NFL.com although I have visited the website.

Maybe being a member of Miamidolphins.com is the same thing?

Date: March 12, 2011 04:59PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 12, 2011 07:26PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was a member of Miamidolphins.com as was Curt,
> JC (I think), Realist, and some others that don't
> come to mind now.
>
> I have never been a member of NFL.com although I
> have visited the website.
>
> Maybe being a member of Miamidolphins.com is the
> same thing?

I was never a member of NFL.com nor miamidolphins.com (although I regularly visit both) and I did not get the email.

the mystery continues.

Date: March 12, 2011 08:01PM

Cryn your lies thicken.

Date: March 13, 2011 03:28AM

Mia1,

You are the boy that cried wolf. Anybody that disses you, you threaten them with "getting banded", yet, you purposely prode the fire by calling people names or either twisting their name....i.e Cryn, when its CHYREN!

Dude, your time should be up. You should be walking a tight rope on here, yet you dont. Guess you will never appreciate how Curt and the mods have done everything to allow you to stay on here and stink this place up.

---------------------

Date: March 13, 2011 06:41AM

I wander what the E-mail is going to be when this is over?? Think they have it typed up already lol

Its Cyrn not Cryn? LOL ohhh my bad sorry Cyrn. I guess me mixing up the y and r offended somone on here eye rolling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 06:43AM by Mia1.

Date: March 13, 2011 09:09AM

Dude, you are doing it on purpose. Dont make me find the thread where you said he was "cryin" so you would start calling him "cryn".

His name is CHYREN.

---------------------

Date: March 13, 2011 01:33PM

Seriously yeah I used the Cryn but I thought it was spelled ChrynB, not ChyrnB.

Reason because the name Chryn, and I never really payed much attention to the spelling.

Date: March 13, 2011 08:33PM

Date: March 14, 2011 02:30PM

Still hurting, huh, Ghotirule.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.