HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mark Ingram (Y/N)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mark Ingram (Y/N)
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:20PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mark Ingram (Y/N)
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:26PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 02, 2011 03:52PM

No. RB's are a dime a dozen in today's NFL....

Look at the top 20 rushers from last year....most are late round or undrafted guys.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 02, 2011 03:54PM

If we get him there will be donkey punch's for all the FO. If you don't know what a donkey punch is don't ask.

Date: March 02, 2011 04:00PM

You seem more of the Dirty Sanchez style, Mia1. winking smiley

smileys with beerthumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

---------------------

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 02, 2011 04:17PM

YES. Without a 2nd round pick we have to grab some talent and the #1 RB on the board isn't a bad start.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: March 02, 2011 05:36PM

I don't see us picking him, but as I have said before, he will be a stud for the Patriots.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 04, 2011 08:36AM

We have to pick the best player available at the higher (even if not the highest) position of need.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 04, 2011 08:41AM

I think we pick him, then we pick another RB in rnd 3 or 4.

Date: March 04, 2011 08:52AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think we pick him, then we pick another RB in
> rnd 3 or 4.

Im curious knowing the philosophy of our currant FO regarding the draft, how can you think that they will take him?

There is no way this staff will use our only pick in the first two rounds on one player, UNLESS it is on Gabbert, or MAYBE MALLETT, even though, I don't see us taking a QB that early on.

All indications point to a trade down, and possibly two trade downs, to acquire the 4th pick in the second round, and a third round pick possibly another second, while trading out of the first entirely.

Date: March 04, 2011 11:21AM

But he wont be the best player on the board when we pick. He is about the 22nd best prospect in the draft and cosidering we pick 15, then there are better.

---------------------

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 04, 2011 02:32PM

Well the Dolphins have done nothing to about Ricky or Ronnie, so some indications point to us drafting a RB or 2. Will they do it in the first Rd, it is defintely a possibility. The Parcells tree, picked Marion Barber pretty high a few years back even though they had Julius Jones running well at the time. If we are going to draft a rb this early which I hope not, Ingrahm could be our guy. I think he could be the next adrian peterson type back, so I am indifferent about the pick. I think Ingram is as good a rb as you can draft.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: March 04, 2011 02:43PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> But he wont be the best player on the board when
> we pick. He is about the 22nd best prospect in the
> draft and cosidering we pick 15, then there are
> better.

A&O you and I both know that the 22nd ranking is not an exact science. Some teams may project him higher and some lower. I think the guy is going to be great in the NFL and, depending on the team that takes him, he is my favorite for rookie of the year. Maybe I am starting to think we should take him. I just have a hard time taking a running back with the 1st pick, but considering what will fall to us, he very well could be the highest on my board.

Date: March 04, 2011 02:57PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> But he wont be the best player on the board when
> we pick.

RESPONSE: But he is the best running back in the draft. That was what I meant by picking the best player at a position of need.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 04, 2011 03:57PM

No trade down Ingram is no Emmitt Smith.

Date: March 04, 2011 05:27PM

The guy ran a 4.6 I mpretty sure Brown is faster, and you want this slow rb to be our go to guy, and yet everyone clamours speed we need speed?

Come on man just say no, we need speed, not power, or shiftyness.

Date: March 04, 2011 06:58PM

AND WE NEED, ABOVE ALL, THIGGY!!!!!

Date: March 05, 2011 04:13AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> AND WE NEED, ABOVE ALL, THIGGY!!!!!

Can't argue with that logic.

Date: March 05, 2011 09:10AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 09, 2011 04:58AM

No to Ingram...I'd rather draft a guy in a lower round with size and elite speed like Mario Fannin. Even if he isn't the runner Ingram is and put him on the field with Ronnie Brown for a year or two.

Use the #15 pick on a QB or a WR and for the love of god don't trade down.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 10, 2011 03:21PM

This is the conventional wisdom pick.

He is the top RB in the draft and we currently don't have Ronnie or Ricky on the roster.

However, can we find a real quality RB later in the draft?

After watching this guys highlights, it is clear that he can run very well with the football and he is quicker than his 40 time. I would hate to see this guy join the Patsies. For that reason alone I would consider drafting him.

Does Ingram make our offense more exlposive? He does remind me of Emmit. He is a smooth runner with great balance that easily grabs chuncks of yardage. He can consistantly make that lone tackler miss. It is a tough call. He may be the best offensive player on the board at 15.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 11, 2011 04:23AM

Ingram's not a speed back, and he's not a billdozer; so he would need to have Emmitt-like skills to justify being picked at 15 overall. Not many guys have Emmitt-like skills. If he does, then he is a guy that we would want; but would we want him at 15? Even if he has Emmitt-like skills, will he have the longevity of Emmitt? Or will he have 5 or 6 good years (like most great RBs seem to have) and then begin fading? I'm just not sure that a team in our position (coming off a 7-9 and with a number of areas that need help) can afford to take a smallish, slowish RB that may only help us for a handful of seasons. If a good RB was the missing piece to competing for a SB then I would say let's take the best RB on the board at 15, but that is not the case.

Also, we can't draft based on what we feel the Pats may do. We've tried that, and it never works. Didn't we trade away a 4th round pick in 2004 to move up one spot (to take Vernon Carey) because we were afraid the Pats might move up 2 spots to take him? Also, there were rumors that we took Pat White in 2009 because we thought the Pats might make a move to get him. Ugggh. Let's draft the guys we feel will make our team better and not worry about the Pats until the games start.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 11, 2011 04:35AM

Good point NFF!!

Emmitt benefited from playing behind Dallas's monster O-Line for so many years. He didn't get hit as much as other RBs which extended his career. Sure he rushed for a ton of yards, but like Walter Payton, that was due mostly to his health and the length of his career.

I don't think anyone will argue that Barry Sanders wasn't better than Emmitt, even though Emmitt won more games and rushed for more yards. Same applies to Gale Sayers over Walter Payton. Both Sayers and Sanders were better than Smith and Payton...but they took beatings on bad teams and their careers were cut short. Question is, who would YOU rather have?

If Ingram is truly an Emmitt Smith type back, he may not last that many years behind our O-Line. Hence, he's probably not worth drafting at #15.

Date: March 11, 2011 08:01AM

Northeast Fin Fan and Victor. We agree on what our teams needs are. I didn't see either of you indicate that a QB is the highest priority.

Okay, so let's say you're right about Mark being basically somewhere under Emmitt Smith.

From what you say, then, we need to upgrade our O-line as our highest priority. I agree.

But the problem is, you can upgrade O-line easier in the later rounds than you can upgrade EITHER RB or QB.

So to me the choice is either QB or RB.

Date: March 11, 2011 11:29AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Northeast Fin Fan and Victor. We agree on what
> our teams needs are. I didn't see either of you
> indicate that a QB is the highest priority.
>
> Okay, so let's say you're right about Mark being
> basically somewhere under Emmitt Smith.
>
> From what you say, then, we need to upgrade our
> O-line as our highest priority. I agree.
>
> But the problem is, you can upgrade O-line easier
> in the later rounds than you can upgrade EITHER RB
> or QB.
>
> So to me the choice is either QB or RB.

Its all about what you feel is the biggest asset to a team.

I think having a stacked O and D line makes a team. Look at Detriot ALL the talent in the world at the skilled positions, but there line's are kinda weak. Look at us last year, we have had some talent, but our O-line sucked at opening up lanes, blocking defenders, and our Dline was solid, not great, but good.

If we get our Dline great, and our O-line great, we will be a 10 win team at least every year.

Look at NE for reference to that, there Dline was solid, and there O-line ELITE, and they always won.

Build our O-line to elite status, then finish the skilled positions.

We will be a winning team with a winning O-line regardless of who is running the ball, or throwing it.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2011 01:06PM

NE may have a great O Line, but they didn't build it taking high picks year after year. Mankins was a 1st rounder and that maybe it. Of course it helps when the guys making the picks know what they are doing.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: March 11, 2011 01:15PM

It all comes down to talent evaluation. For some damn reason, the NE boys have a damn near lock on it, especially for special teams and line positions. It also comes down to gamesmanship in the free agent market...they seem to be able to play just about everybody.

Date: March 11, 2011 03:09PM

Yeah, Mia1, but my point was you can build the o-line from the 2nd round down.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:51PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Northeast Fin Fan and Victor. We agree on what
> our teams needs are. I didn't see either of you
> indicate that a QB is the highest priority.
>
> Okay, so let's say you're right about Mark being
> basically somewhere under Emmitt Smith.
>
> From what you say, then, we need to upgrade our
> O-line as our highest priority. I agree.
>
> But the problem is, you can upgrade O-line easier
> in the later rounds than you can upgrade EITHER RB
> or QB.
>
> So to me the choice is either QB or RB.

I DO think QB is the highest priority!

Date: March 11, 2011 04:05PM

For Ingram to be the next Emmitt Smith, he will need an offensive line similiar to the early 1990's Cowboys that Smith ran behind.

---------------------

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.