HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New man-crush
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New man-crush
Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: February 01, 2011 11:31AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New man-crush
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 01, 2011 01:07PM

He is not like Rodgers, Rodgers is very accurate in the pocket, opposite for Locker....Locker is more accurate outside of the pocket which normally, doesnt bode well for NFL prospective QB's.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 01, 2011 01:15PM

So the guy likes Rocky IV...that means he's NFL QB caliber? What am I missing? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 01:15PM by montequi.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: February 01, 2011 02:42PM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: February 01, 2011 04:26PM

Lets go Stanzi!

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 01, 2011 04:52PM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 01, 2011 05:21PM

Dude it was the epitome of an 80's cheeseball movie. Especially the horrific and shameful boxing scenes they did, where EVERY punch was a knockout haymaker. EVERY PUNCH! It looked ridiculous. All the Rocky movies did that come to think of it. Each fighter threw 847 full strength knockout punches, back and forth one after the other. Knowing what a boxing match actually looks like, watching the boxing scenes in Rocky IV makes me cringe.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 01, 2011 06:30PM

rocky iv was a great movie. I MUST BREAK YOU. it was cheezy, of course

Date: February 01, 2011 06:43PM

All the Rocky movies were good. 1 was classic. 2 was necessary (Rocky finally wins). 3 had a great story, and Mr T was awesome! 4 was cheesy, but cool. 5 was also great. Never saw 6, though.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 01, 2011 06:49PM

gotta disagree. 5 was just awful, I like to pretend it never happened. never saw 6 either.

Date: February 01, 2011 07:03PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: February 02, 2011 02:03AM

A few that pop in my head are Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, The Silence of the Lambs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Airplane, The Naked Gun, Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Unforgiven, Die Hard, The Wizard of Oz, Cool Hand Luke, Scarface, The Godfather, Good Will Hunting, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Forrest Gump, Hoosiers, Rudy,Bull Durham,the Shining and Debbie Does Dallas. More popped in my head than I expected. And yes I enjoyed watching the Rocky movies, but the were cheesy along the lines of the Karate Kid.

Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: February 02, 2011 03:30AM

Everytime one of Rocky's managers died, his opponent for that movie would become his manager in the next. They should have kept this going. Dolph Lundgren should have been his trainer/manager in Rocky VI.

Date: February 02, 2011 03:31AM

A few that *POP* into my head are.... Saving Ryan's Private, Forrest Hump, IN-Diana Jones, and Good Wool Hunting.

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 03:31AM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: February 02, 2011 06:47AM

Thank you Jonathan. Yes, I am talking about Stanzi, not Locker. And the reason the Rocky movies are so great are because of how cheesy they are. That is the essence of their greatness. Stanzi has greatly improved during his senior year in terms of accuracy. Has good mobility. But again, love his attitude. He is my Joe Flacco(had a man-crush on him before draft) of this years draft.

Date: February 02, 2011 06:50AM

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 06:52AM

tombstone..v kilmer's doc holliday easily my favorite character in any movie..great lines in that movie even passed jaws as my favorite which is hard to do...rocky movies are a good :"cheezy" watch

Date: February 02, 2011 06:58AM

Date: February 02, 2011 07:44AM

Ask Phinsfan, I have been talking Stanzi for a while.

Stanzi will be an elite NFL QB. Just wait and see.

---------------------

Date: February 02, 2011 08:59AM

completely agree A&O

Date: February 02, 2011 09:45AM

Date: February 02, 2011 10:01AM

Im with A&O i've wanted stanzi to come down here for 2 years now. Alot because i love the hawkeyes, but also because i know he will be good.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: February 02, 2011 10:08AM

I really can't tell if you guys are serious or not.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:12AM

as for montes video i thought the bulk of the passes there were good, he placed it where the defender couldnt get it, and trust me iowa recievers are not exactly "great" Mcnutt, and DJK may be good, but far from anything great.

Furthermore those highlights were from hsi Jr. year, and he was a bit wild with his throws last year, he matured a lot this year.

If we do get him, he may not be a starter from game 1, but i anticipate great things from his future.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:17AM

He also wasn't under barely any pressure during those plays. I'd like to see what he could do under a heavy rush. I'm not sold on Stanzi. He was pretty bad in his Senior Bowl practices.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:30AM

And Henne is great in his practices! Evaluating talent based on practice is complete garbage. Some guys are just gamers.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:34AM

SigKash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Henne is great in his practices! Evaluating
> talent based on practice is complete garbage.
> Some guys are just gamers.

We thought Pat Turner was a gamer. We thought Ernest Wilford was a gamer. Neither of those guys practiced well...and neither has made a big splash in the NFL.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 11:21AM

Fried Green tomatoes was a great movie. Steel magnolias was even better.

The are almost as good as michael bolton singing.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 03:43PM

I like Stanzi but he doesn't have great arm strength which severely limits his potential. He could be good because of his intelligence and accuracy but he is also inconsistent down the stretch. Two years ago he was incredibly clutch and this last season he was horrible late in the fourth quarter. he had quite a few opportunities for game winning drives late in the fourth but he struggled. i would have no problem using a third on him though. Third on stanzi or kapernick would be good.

Date: February 02, 2011 04:24PM

the Iowa team as a hole was terrible late in the fourth quarter, look at the wisconsin game where the last 7 minutes wisconsin moved at will and even adrian clayborn was totally gassed.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.