HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Addressing the fans
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Addressing the fans
Posted by: Kfresh01 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 05:33AM

I think that the biggest change that needs to be addressed this year is the fans! We need to be more supportive instead of throwing our coaches under the bus at the first sign of trouble. Everytime something doesnt go the way we expect it to, everybody is so quick to get rid of everybody and start over. Well I'm tired of starting over, I think we need to try patience for a change.

Everybody wanted to write off Wannstedt and Fiedler. Well we haven't won a playoff game since we had them. Fiedler is the best QB we had since Marino.

I think instead of being angry all the time we need to be patient. Yes we got to the playoffs with a gimmick offense and a mediocre defense. Then the following year our defense was exposed and offense was still ok. Then this year our defense was great with changes and offense sputtered. This year, with patience we should be in a good situation. I mean we played two tough schedules, playing both teams that were in the superbowl each year. Last season, we came close to beating both the Colts and the Saints. This year We beat Green Bay and yes We beat the STEALers but the refs took it from us.

We are a good football organization. But I really think that in order to achieve the most success, The organization needs our support. So please help, support Sparano and Ireland, and let's be true fans.

If you are not on board for this and all you have to say is something bad about our team, then please just find a new team to "SUPPORT"

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Addressing the fans
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 26, 2011 05:37AM

Am I hallucinating or did you just imply that we shouldn't of 86ed Wanny? Na....I couldn't of just read that.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 05:38AM

Who is this Mofo?

Date: January 26, 2011 05:46AM

well have we won a playoff game since Wannstedt and Fiedler? You dont think Ricky Williams leaving right before the season started had something to do with that rough season.

Everybody always wants to get rid of the coach and QB and start over, I just think its time to be patient and support Sporano and Henne or Pennington whoever gets the job.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 05:48AM

We want to support Sparano, and Henne, but we witnessed there inabilities at crucial spots in there game, and well majority on here agree they can't be fixed, because its the mental habit's that they have created, which would take YEARS to fix.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 26, 2011 06:46AM

So the team will be better if it has better fans??!! You mean it's not about the front office, the coaches, the players? It's about the fans??? Gee..I've had it all wrong. I guess we lost all our good fans when Shula left.

Date: January 26, 2011 07:21AM

I'm just saying stop crying all the time and begging for changes to be made and be patient.

instead of complaining. be encouraging.

I want to win, i dont want to start over. and over and over and over

Date: January 26, 2011 07:23AM

I'm still floored by the "Wanny" comment

Date: January 26, 2011 07:31AM

Wait a minute, did we win with Wannstedt? Did we win a playoff game with him?

Wannstedt in 4 seasons went 42-31 during regular season and 1-2 in the playoffs

Nick Saban, 15 wins 17 losses

Cam Cameron, I do not want to go there

Tony Sporano- 25 and 23 , 0-1 in the playoffs.

Was Wannstedt that bad? Like I said, the only year he didnt take us to the playoffs was the Ricky Williams Retirement year and he only made it through half the season when he was "forced to resign"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 07:43AM

Kfresh01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait a minute, did we win with Wannstedt? Did we
> win a playoff game with him?
>
> Wannstedt in 4 seasons went 42-31 during regular
> season and 1-2 in the playoffs
>
> Nick Saban, 15 wins 17 losses
>
> Cam Cameron, I do not want to go there
>
> Tony Sporano- 25 and 23 , 0-1 in the playoffs.
>
> Was Wannstedt that bad? Like I said, the only year
> he didnt take us to the playoffs was the Ricky
> Williams Retirement year and he only made it
> through half the season when he was "forced to
> resign"

I dont hate the guy but IMO he took this organization to the gutters.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 26, 2011 08:01AM

I have to partly agree. The biggest mistake for waany was made by ownership in giving power to the wrong people. Wanny and speilman both screwed the pooch as far as personnel is concerned.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 26, 2011 08:11AM

Wanny's issues were:

1. He made personnel decisions, which he was NOT qualified to do. He opted for defense (Jamar Fletcher) when we sorely needed help on offense (Drew Brees). He hung on to players and overplayed them (Ricky, Ruddy, etc..) rather than build depth and get young players who could replace them. Basically, he didn't know how to build a team. Also, overplaying guys causes injuries.

2. His game philosophy was predictable and put too much pressure on the defense. He learned it from JJ: score enough in the 1st half to get a lead, put it in the hands of the defense to hold that lead in the 2nd half.

Wanny didn't abandon the team like Saban. He didn't lose control of his players like Cam. He didn't make stupid game-time decisions like Sparano. What he DID do took time, as he slowly took us into the pits of hell by weakening the team (not getting good young talent, overplaying the older players we had).

Date: January 26, 2011 08:14AM

Kfresh01 Wrote:
> Fiedler is the best QB we had since
> Marino.
>
I cannot agree with that. Pennington in 2008 was better than Fiedler EVER was. After Fiedler's shoulder injury, he was completely useless. Gus Frerotte was a decent QB for us, and necessary at the time because Fiedler was done. I still think we could have hung on to Frerotte for 1 or 2 more years. He was old, but he was reliable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 08:15AM by montequi.

Date: January 26, 2011 08:42AM

i agree. pennington in 2008 was good. We cannot overlook that Wannstedt won games and brought in Chris Chambers, arturo freeman, Yeremiah Bell, Randy MCmichael and Traded for Ricky Williams. We lost 2 consecutive first round picks for that. he did well

Date: January 26, 2011 08:49AM

ANyway, thats the past. I hope Sporano can win some playoff games for us. Hopefully rebuild our line and get us a really good TE and a FS

Date: January 26, 2011 09:26AM

To me Cam was a quick death and Wanny was a slow death, he took the team JJ built and slowly ran it into the ground (just like he did in Chicago). I don't have a problem with your theory as much as I do with you implying that we should of kept Wanny.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 27, 2011 11:17AM

Welcome to the board. Most people here check their logic at the door, and let their emotions take over.

Be prepared to be flamed for using your head here. It's just how it works.

And don't ever mention being patient. You'll be run off faster than Ted Ginn Jr runs out of bounds.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 11:27AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 11:31AM

yay our team is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everything we've done is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(now we're gonna win the SB next year, right?)

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 27, 2011 12:36PM

Like I said. Wanny's downfall was personnel. JJ started with a top offense and tore it apart for the sake of a non existent running game. He was fortunate to hit on some great mid to late round defensive prospects in JT and Thomas in addition to Madison and Surtain.

But....for every good/lucky pick, he missed big time for the likes of Yatil Green, Cecil Collins, JJ Johnson and John Avery...etc.

JJ finished with a 9-7 record in Miami four years after starting 8-8. Wanny took over and went 11-5 and won the division when Indy was still in it. He followed up with another 11-5 record. Both years were better than JJ ever did.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 27, 2011 12:53PM

are people really defending the wannstedt years?

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:11PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> TheFutt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Welcome to the board. Most people here check
> > their logic at the door, and let their emotions
> > take over.
> >
> > Be prepared to be flamed for using your head
> here.
> > It's just how it works.
> >
> > And don't ever mention being patient. You'll
> be
> > run off faster than Ted Ginn Jr runs out of
> > bounds.
>
>
> lol...
>
>
> ...and don't EVER say anything nice about the Jets
> or the Pats. If you do a handful of our posters
> will hammer you as a troll until your eyeballs
> bleed and you curl up in a fetal position, sucking
> your thumb, and mumbling for your mommy. smiling bouncing smiley

Damn straight.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:12PM

Wanny era was one of the darkest in Dolphins history, check out the drafts and what we did..trading away top picks for scrubs and retreads, drafting reaches and projects...We deserved that 1-15 season, it was the result of all those years under Wanny-Spielman and Saban..who was pretty awful as well now that I can look at him in the rear view mirror.

Our current regime is at least making some progress towards quality players but we still got lots of holes to fill. Let's see who we get this off season and how well this unproven staff is at getting our guys into gameday form. I dont expect much this year but I'm not down on Ireland yet.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:28PM

thumbs upthumbs up

Nice work KFresh, I agree it makes it alot easier for a team to flourish when they have positive support from the fans and people around them...
Nowadays people are fed up, that to often they dont give players, coaches, owners, Gm's, much benefit of a doubt, chance or lee way.
I would love to see some more support and positive vibes for the team, but I am not going to hold my breath, but so far for the most part it has been better around here. Everybody is just frustrated...

Date: January 27, 2011 01:32PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> thumbs upthumbs up
>
> Nice work KFresh, I agree it makes it alot easier
> for a team to flourish when they have positive
> support from the fans and people around them...
> Nowadays people are fed up, that to often they
> dont give players, coaches, owners, Gm's, much
> benefit of a doubt, chance or lee way.
> I would love to see some more support and positive
> vibes for the team, but I am not going to hold my
> breath, but so far for the most part it has been
> better around here. Everybody is just
> frustrated...

Exactly. People are tired of the same ol' song and dance. Something to keep in mind though, even when reading all of the remarks on this board that slant towards the side of frustration, remember that you're reading a post on a Dolphins fan site. People still support this team, they just use this site as a pressure release to voice their frustration. Anyway, GO PHINS.

Date: January 27, 2011 04:29PM

Odenn, exactly right

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 27, 2011 08:38PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> are people really defending the wannstedt years?

The Wannstache years is like having an ex girlfriend who used to give you bj's.
Allow me to explain...........When we had Wannstache we had winning records and a playoff win, with the ex girlfriend lots of bj's.
Then all of a sudden with Wannstache we were seeing less playoffs and the start of a downward spiral and with the girlfriend all of a sudden stopped giving bj's and started a downward spiral.
Then we cut ties with both and since then we haven't had a playoff win or met a girl that gave bj's.

Now Wannstache and that ex girlfriend are not looking so bad now are they?

That's how I view all of this.

Date: January 28, 2011 03:57AM

Thanks alot Razor.....now I want a BJ from my ex girlfriend.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 28, 2011 04:28AM

All this talk comparing ex-girlfriends with a very mustachioed guy, says a lot about the appearance of the women you guys are attracted to.

Date: January 28, 2011 05:17AM

JC Wrote:
> All this talk comparing ex-girlfriends with a very
> mustachioed guy, says a lot about the appearance
> of the women you guys are attracted to.

Hey they speak for themselves.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.