HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2011 Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2011 Dolphins
Posted by: Phins NJ ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:17PM

Hey there guys, this is my first post. Not too many Dolphins fans around me so I was hoping to put my thoughts out for next year.

First off, I'm excited about the defense. I think next year we'll continue to improve on D under Mike Nolan. Vontae Davis is going to emerge as a premier shutdown corner, Sean Smith might actually learn to catch a few interceptions. Wake is the real deal. Dansby is solid. We'll get Odrick back, Misi should improve. Plenty of good things going for our D.

As far as the offense goes, after a lot of thinking I think we should stick with Henne for one more year. He was severely handcuffed by Dan Henning's offense and our lack of any kind of running game. Drew Brees was benched in his second year as a starter and didn't shine until his third year under center. I don't think any of the quarterbacks coming out is worth picking and we don't have another 4-5 years to try to develop one. Henne can be saved.

We really should try to sign Logan Mankins to play next to Long and keep Incognito at center. Draft a burner WR or add in either Syndey Rice or Santonio Holmes through free agency to go along with Marshall and Bess and draft Mark Ingram at 15 and we'll see a very different team very quickly.

I really don't think we're that far off from being a good team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2011 Dolphins
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:29PM

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:35PM

It's nice to see some positive outlook instead of hearing how we will be basement dwellers because we still have Henne and Sparano.....and we don't have a 2nd R pick etc....

I was not happy with Henne most of the season, especially towards the end and I have stated I would like to see a new QB and if it happens great!

But if we do end up giving Henne 1 more shot to see if he learned anything, I am also actually very very curious to see what he can do without that horrendous Henning calling plays.

I kinda tend to agree with some posters on here saying Ingram would not be the wisest use of a 1st r draft pick simply because of his position which is easier to fill in the later rounds and FA market.

Lot's of mock drafts have us picking Ingram because it make the most sense, that means we are not drafting Ingram because that's how it always works out lol.

And like everyone else on here I would love it if we landed Mankins.

I think this team has the potential to get back into the playoffs just as long as our key guys stay healthy and the FO makes the right moves in the draft.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:44PM

welcome to the site, and just a waqrning prepare to have that opinion of henne chastized by some folks here, but do know that im with you in that thinking 100% brother

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:46PM

I was thinikng a few positive things from 2010 we really beat the two teams in the superbowl if it wasn't for the bogus fumble call against the steelers

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:50PM

Welcome...I agree about the defense. Misi is going to be a solid player for a long time. His weakness is pass rushing at this point but he will learn just as JT did. I am happy with our bookends.

Not completely sold on Vontae yet but I think he will get better. Smith outplayed him this year. Too many dropped balls for the entire defense. Hopefully next year they actually catch half of them...and Will Allen is back too for one more year.

I am not excited about the new coaching hires but I also refuse to pretend I know they will not work out. Truth is nobody knows yet. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

This is still the same coach that almost won COY award three years ago. If you notice in 2008 that we got some pretty good QB play although unspectacular, it was efficient with few turnovers. We also had a mediocre WR squad. It was also Henning who was praised for his top 12 offense in 08. It all comes back to the QB IMHO.

The blame for bad QB play this year falls on Henne, QB coach and OC as well as Sparano. Pennington had the experience and brains to be successful. All is not lost with Henne but I think he should not be counted on as the starter. That is just asking for trouble. Same goes for wasting a roster spot on Chad P. He is too fragile.

We have to sign a quality FA and draft a QB....assuming they are worthy after evaluations. Then we need a fair competition between Henne, Thigpen, the new vet and a rookie. One will have to go early in the process to get reps for the top two guys but I think Thigpen will outplay Henne because he isn't afraid to go deep and throw it up for Marshall.

Henne was playing scared and was the king of check downs and still threw way too many key int's. Not a good sign. He just can't seem to find any consistency on deep balls.

There are several FA pro bowl guards and centers available this year. Mankins will be the most expensive but we can still land an excellent player (or two) to solidify our line. If we can get them back in shape and resign Ronnie, he can be effective...assuming he can stay healthy and we get a new CBA.

I agree we are not that far off....still. A lot can happen on one off season.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 24, 2011 03:58PM

I just don't see anything in this year's crop of QB's. I stand by Ingram, he's a first round talent in a position we need. If not him, then I hope someone falls in love with one of the QB's and we trade down and get back our second round pick.

I agree, Henne played scared. I think that a lot of that comes from poor coaching, including Sporano's micro-management. He can be coached out of that if our coaching staff wises up. Yes, Henne deserves a fair share of the blame as well. I believe he still has an opportunity to step up and be our QB. Yes, he should face competition, even if it's from Thigpen or a newly added vet.

I love Pennington, I wish he could have played a few more years for us. The year we won the division we had an excellent rushing attack and could run a ball control offense. We had nothing like that last year and Henning's offense just didn't work. He failed to adapt to his personell. I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison.

thank you for the welcomes everyone!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 04:27PM

Hmmmmm sorry but the typing and the dialect I'm thinking Mikeo....

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 24, 2011 04:35PM

Welcome to the site newbie. You won't find a better Dolphins site anywhere! Don't mind the trolls, just mind the "Don't feed the Trolls" sign, keep up the positive attitude, and you'll love this place!

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 05:21PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmmm sorry but the typing and the dialect I'm
> thinking Mikeo....

Ummm no

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:26PM

eesti Wrote:
> Will Allen is back too for one more
> year.
>
He's a UFA. So, unless we re-sign him, he's gone.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:30PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> thinking Mikeo....

RESPONSE: I don't know what you mean by the typing and the dialect but he wants to give Henne another chance and thinks we ought to draft Ingram first.

Who does THAT remind you of?

Date: January 25, 2011 03:07AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 25, 2011 06:01AM

How could it be MikeO, this guy is typing positive stuff and not insulting anyone?

Lots of conspiracy theories going on here. I guess if the NFL isn't rigged, and it's the off season, we need to divert our Conspiracy Theory Energies towards the identity of new posters. grinning smiley

Date: January 26, 2011 02:39AM

sorry guys, i have no idea who mikeo is.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 26, 2011 02:55AM

Phins NJ Wrote:
> sorry guys, i have no idea who mikeo is.

He was Mia1's mentor and confidant, Mia1 is still a little bitter that he got banned.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 26, 2011 03:00AM

JC Wrote:
> How could it be MikeO, this guy is typing positive
> stuff and not insulting anyone?

LoL. Nail, meet hammer head. Mike0 couldn't go two posts without pointing out how someone was intellectually inferior to him.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 26, 2011 04:17AM

Date: January 26, 2011 04:45AM

Mentor? Shoot I hate that guy, like some pointed out, all he did was insult everyone.

If you wana point out who is the apprentice of Mikeo there would be two of them that come's to mind, and I aint one of em.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 26, 2011 05:34AM

Sarcasm Mia1.......sarcasm

Date: January 26, 2011 05:39AM

Too many bad memories with that guy.angry smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 26, 2011 06:54AM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 08:59AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> thinking Mikeo....

im thinking his IP is probably banned

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: January 26, 2011 10:35AM

He can go to the local library, or buddies computer to register.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 10:57AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> He can go to the local library, or buddies
> computer to register.

Or a washington DC library............

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 27, 2011 06:23PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> He can go to the local library, or buddies
> computer to register.

RESPONSE: You're really paranoid about this, aren't you? Here's something to consider.....suppose ChyrenB is REALLY ......MikeO?

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:16AM

Agreed on the defense part. Nolan was the only decent highlight we had. Also he used the word lack. We had zero running game. Let's start breathing again if Ingram falls into our laps. As for the fellow who goes by MikeO, there is a similar user on www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com website, possibly the same man. Funny place. I do some lurking there, but decided better to join this forum. Too many fans from other teams there, who are even moderators. We don't have that crap here. Actually there is a fellow "Sunstroke" double ass fan of the 49'ers and us. I only follow one team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.