HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vince Young
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Vince Young
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 12:38PM

I know numerous posters dislike Young and don't want to see him in Miami.

I disagree though and would like to see the phins give him a second chance. He is definitely a bit of a head case but he will have Pennington to help him learn to be a professional. don't undervalue this point because Kerry Collins definitely did not provide this service in Tennessee (plus his mentor Steve McNair had passed away which had to be very difficult for Vince). Pennington could become a mentor for Young or a tutor at the very least.

Also, this would be the second (and last) chance for Vince. If he screws up here then he would be done with football. I believe that he loves football and would do everything possible to be successful.

another point worth making is that VY posted a very high QB rating until getting injured in Tennessee. He undoubtedly has the skill and potential to be a very productive QB in this league.

I argue that this is the best option unless there is high conviction from the FO on a rookie QB. and personally i am not overly fond of any of the rookie QBs.

What are your opinions on these thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vince Young
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 12:53PM

Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: January 24, 2011 01:36PM

He is intriguing. Had an almost 100 QB rating last season. My gut says no though. Maybe he reminds me of Culpecker too much.

Date: January 24, 2011 01:43PM

sconigli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is intriguing. Had an almost 100 QB rating last
> season. My gut says no though. Maybe he reminds me
> of Culpecker too much.

Yeah good point. he is injury prone (Culpepper coming off a major injury), but otherwise he is quite different. he is more accurate on short to medium passes and more mobile. he doesn't throw the deep ball as well as culpepper though. i think VY understands defenses better though. I remember culpepper just looking lost out there.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 24, 2011 04:38PM

Vince Young's problems aren't football related. He's a good talent. A gamer. He has some of that "it" factor people talk about. His record states as much.

His problem is his mental state. He's a nut. I'd sign him and give him a shot, if he was accompanied by therapists and shrinks to keep him on this side of the psych ward viewing window.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 04:48PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:34PM

I can see the connection between that post and Thiggy, Mia1.

Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:47PM

vince youngs a head case , a loser a quitter ..... he got beat out by KERRY COLLINS for gods sake ....... but hey , hell fit right in here .... lol .

Date: January 24, 2011 09:38PM

he definitely has problems with his mentality but knowing this is his last chance may help him keep his focus. plus, as i stated earlier, he had no mentor in Tennessee but he will have penny here.

his stats are not inflated, thats ridiculous. he was benched for collins because of his injury and because he had problems with jeff fisher. again, a chance of scenery with a new coaching staff and team will help.

but the biggest plus, IMO, is that he will not cost any picks. he wont even demand a very big contract (probably incentive laden) because of all the uncertainty surrounding him. he is definitely a high risk high reward qb. but since this may be Sporano's last season, i think now is the time to take a risk like this. if it doesnt pan out then fire sporano, cut vince, and implement a new coach with his QB of the future.

Date: January 25, 2011 12:31AM

Everyone keeps talking about Penny "The Mentor". I don't understand the reasoning behind the clamor for his tutoring skills. Last time I checked, none of the QB's that have played after Penny's shoulder pulled a Hindenburg have done much but stink the joint up. Maybe it's just the fact that he's trying to a gourmet meal out of a couple of turds. Idk.

Date: January 25, 2011 02:59AM

Its not going to happen so dream away I guess?

Date: January 25, 2011 03:01AM

Careful Mia1. You're going Nostradamus. With this FO you never know anymore.

Date: January 25, 2011 03:03AM

Anyone wana make a wager????? 10 bucks say's Young doesnt come here!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 25, 2011 05:14AM

ifShulaWasPrez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but hey , hell fit right in here ....
> lol .

True, very true LOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.