HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hanie
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hanie
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:09PM

Caleb Hanie looks more poised than Chad henne!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hanie
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:21PM

What part of his pic-6 did you fall in love with?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:29PM

phew I thought this was going to be a post saying we should trade for this guy

but to your point---EVERYBODY looks more poised than henne

Posted by: opus ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:32PM

You can't fault any Phin fan for salavating at the mere sight of a quarterback actually hitting a receiver in stride. We get the picks even without any reciever ever being hit in stride sad smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:35PM

yeah let's trade a pick for a 3d stringer who's played a few snaps. cause THAT'S worked for us before

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 23, 2011 05:14PM

Soon as that guy put up 2 td's I knew he would be mentioned on this site kinda like Matt Flynn was.

Not to often you see a 3rd stringer get his team back into a playoff game, even with the picks he threw I give Hanie credit.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:37AM

Now don't get excited I'm NOT saying we should trade for him or that he should be someones starter.

I was impressed with this guy. I didn't even know he was still in the NFL.
For a 3rd string QB that never gets any reps to come in and get his team back in a playoff game like he did should be impressive to everyone.

If I were a coach for Chicago I'd want to work with this guy and at least promote him to 2nd string. He almost directed a comeback.

Picks? So what do you expect from a 3rd stringer coming in cold? He was cool and accurate. Even his last pick, which was a bad decision, was accurate. Hard to fault a guy in that position.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:47AM

Mike Martz made him look better than what he was with dink and dunk passes, the first time he even attempted to throw deep...pick 6.

The next time throwing deep.....INT.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:49AM

Besides, how many thousands of times have we seen a struggling starting QB go down, replaced by some no name guy who then lights it up? This kind of thing is proverbial because defenses have a totally different game plan depending on who is QBing.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 08:10AM

I agree with Leon nobody was saying go get him, but he made some nice touch passes in a championship game for a third stringer that never expected to play, I had never even heard of before.

Henne was easy to plan for.
OC?, QB?, or a bit of both?

We need a guy that can see the field and scramble like a Ben, but has the IQ to learn game plans and read defenses

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 24, 2011 08:50AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike Martz made him look better than what he was
> with dink and dunk passes, the first time he even
> attempted to throw deep...pick 6.
>
> The next time throwing deep.....INT.

Were we watching the same game? He was not throwing dink and dunk passes. He was putting the ball on the money with sideline passes and mid range passes over the middle. The pick 6 was a short pass that was picked by a lineman that dropped into coverage. Hard to blame him for not seeing the guy.
The second pick was a deeper throw that he forced into double coverage. Bad decision but again hard to blame him as he was trying to help the team score again and just forced the ball. I never expected the guy to get his team in a position to tie the score.
Give credit where credit is due.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: January 24, 2011 08:57AM

Lame!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 11:31AM

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: January 24, 2011 11:32AM

He's an RFA, so you don't necessarily need to trade for him.

Also the pick 6 was on anything but a deep ball. I don't see BJ Raji out covering the post and fly patterns, but it's an interesting image.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:27PM

Quote:

"but he only completed 13 passes. 7 of them were to Forte and Chester Taylor on check downs or dump offs, and 3 others were to his TE Greg Olson on short routes."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Leon, let me re-ask you the same question....Were you watching the same game? Because Phinsfan just showed you statistical facts on how Hanie was throwing.....DINK AND DUNK.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.