HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kiper/McShay 2011 Mock Draft...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kiper/McShay 2011 Mock Draft...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 19, 2011 11:47AM

Both of these douchebags just released their first round mocks, here is who they have us taking at #15:

Kiper: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
McShay: Mike Pouncey, C, Florida

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kiper/McShay 2011 Mock Draft...
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:15PM

How early did they have Gabbert going?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:53PM

Ingram would not be a bad pick. We've got to do something about a first class RB. I know nothing about the center.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:56PM

really Pouncy the guy who cannot snap the ball correctly in the shotgun that would great

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 19, 2011 01:15PM

Fin fan24 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> really Pouncy the guy who cannot snap the ball
> correctly in the shotgun that would great

Pouncy had one bad game and that was real bad. He did get his act together and is a very good center.

At this point it is pure speculation so don't get nervous.

Date: January 19, 2011 01:24PM

Quote:

"How early did they have Gabbert going?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Kiper had him going 5, and McShay had him going #3.

---------------------

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 19, 2011 01:33PM

A colleague of mine who is a fanatic Gator fan and alum says this Poncy brother is not nearly as good as his older brother who now plays in the NFL. People will be disappointed in him.

Mark Ingram--do think he will slip to 15? If so, he should be taken, no questions asked.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:18PM

It is his twin brother but 15 is a little high for a center unless he dominates.

I don't want a RB at 15 either. We can get a 1k rusher anywhere if we have a good line.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 19, 2011 02:22PM

I actually have heard this opposite, colonel.

---------------------

Date: January 19, 2011 02:30PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:35PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I actually have heard this opposite, colonel.

Think about it? The brothers are twins, if Mike was better then wouldnt he have been the brother that had the starting center spot held down at Florida and left for the draft last year.
Mike also had problems in more then one game... I am a gator and I wouldnt draft Mike Pouncey in the first rd... I am not saying he cant be good but his brother has always been a step above him to this point... Mike has only been at the starting center position for one year. I would draft him more as a guard and back up or project Center... See how he develops, worse comes to worse you have yourself a helluva guard.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:46PM

Well according to the "experts" he is just as good as his brother, his only slow down was that he started his college career off as a DT.

Plus, he wanted to prove he was as good as his brother by coming back and playing Center.

A dominant Center is much more valuable than a dominant Guard.

He proved he is just as dominant.

---------------------

Date: January 19, 2011 02:57PM

Well his brother was a first team all American at Center when he came out... Mike didnt ever recieve those type of honors, I dont think he was even All SEC this year ...

Maurkice, also started at right guard since he was a freshman over his brother. They both came in together, and Mike was placed on the DL, because of need at the time, and he couldnt beat his brother out of the job..
Maurkice moved to center his sophmore year, and Mike took up his old spot at right guard, and played awesome. He played well this year at Center but nowhere near the level his brother played the position at Florida. Obviously, the first team all american, speaks for itself...
I am not lying to you, I watch all of the games. People like the guy and why not, his twin brother looked like a probowl center as a rookie. NFL and scouts love pedigree...
I am just telling you that, Maurkice was always something special on the football field, and Mike has always been a good player...

Date: January 19, 2011 03:05PM

Well what is better....A dominant Center or a dominant Guard?

Pouncey made the smartest move by going back and proving he was just as good as his brother.

If he leaves early last year, strictly as a guard.....he loses MILLIONS compared to what he will get now that people know he is a great Center.

Those "accolades" dont mean anything for Mike, because he team was horrible. Marquis was on a *GREAT* team, snapping the ball to probably the greatest College player of all-time.....he of course would get recognition.

---------------------

Date: January 19, 2011 03:12PM

I understand that most of the time a dominant center is worth more then a guard in the draft and salary.
DOnt kid yourself into believing that the reason Maurkice was a first team all american and Mike wasnt was because of Tebow and a better team record.
First team all americans are on mediocre teams all the time.. Our Boy Jake Long was a first team all american on a mediocre team..
Mike is a good player but to suggest we would take this guy as the first center in the draft at 15, is absolutley nuts...
Even if you could draft his brother this year after seeing what he did last year when healthy ofr th Steelers, he still wouldnt go 15 IMO...

Date: January 19, 2011 03:30PM

WHo knows!? Guess we will see on draft day...

but, one thing I do feel very strong about, is that I DO NOT want us to draft Mark Ingram at #15. RB's are a dime a dozen, and only last until 30 years old.

I would rather have ANYTHING other than a RB at #15.

---------------------

Date: January 19, 2011 03:53PM

I woudnt be happy with drafting Mark Ingrahm at 15, with all of the needs and the potential to fill them we currently have.. We should defintely draft a center before a RB, but neither should happen at 15 IMO...
If we dont draft a QB at 15 and Newton is still available, you might see a scene worse then the Cam Cameron Tedd ginn first draft pick PC...
If we can trade back and still get Cam Newton or another top QB, I would see us doing that as the most likely scenario.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 19, 2011 04:11PM

Given Tuna's influence on the current staff, I would be shocked if they took a RB in the first round.

Date: January 19, 2011 04:45PM

If we had a stout offensive line, and a franchise QB, then I would be fine with picking Ingram.

But, since were are missing all the forementioned....I am not for picking him.

He would be best suited (and us) if he is on another team.

---------------------

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 06:12PM

I have seen this pouncey drop to the second in some mocks stating his wasn't as good as his brother and several other OL are ranked higher in most mocks

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 06:14PM

I would agree with no to Ingram or Pouncey. Either trade up for Gabbert or trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder. Pouncey will probably be available later in the first round anyways

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 20, 2011 02:19AM

Would anyone agree now, that especially seeing some Mock's that we will be trading down our pick.

At 15 who will be available will just be a waist when we can add a second round, and draft two players that will be just as good as the forementioned if not better.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 20, 2011 03:46AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Would anyone agree now, that especially seeing
> some Mock's that we will be trading down our
> pick.
>
>
> At 15 who will be available will just be a waist
> when we can add a second round, and draft two
> players that will be just as good as the
> forementioned if not better.

This always sounds real easy for us fans to say, but if there's noone @ #15 that we would want, what makes everyone think we'll find a trade partner that has to have someone @ #15?

Also, in lite of the seeming ease of finding decent RB's later in the draft, what were we thinking taking Ronnie B #2 overall, and who did we pass up that year other then Rodgers?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 20, 2011 05:50AM

Honestly, the top of the 05 draft was no-man's land. We passed up Rodgers, but so did 75% of the teams. Merriman, Ware and OT Jammal Brown were picked 11, 12, 13...but weren't projected anywhere near #2.

Players that would have merited serious consideration at the time at #2:
- Alex Smith
- Aaron Rodgers
- Ronnie Brown
- Cadillac Williams
- Braylon Edwards
- maybe Cedric Benson

I'm relatively certain we couldn't find viable trading partners due to the nature of the talent at the top.

Obviously, I'd love to have Rodgers on the team (wonder about coaching/development and whether we could have matched what he got in Gcool smiley, but other than that, Ronnie was the best of the serious consideration group.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 20, 2011 05:51AM

Didn't we learn anything by drafting Ronnie Brown in the first round? Never take a RB in the first round, they are a dime a dozen. See Arrian Foster

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 20, 2011 06:05AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Mia1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Would anyone agree now, that especially seeing
> > some Mock's that we will be trading down our
> > pick.
> >
> >
> > At 15 who will be available will just be a
> waist
> > when we can add a second round, and draft two
> > players that will be just as good as the
> > forementioned if not better.
>
>
> This always sounds real easy for us fans to say,
> but if there's noone @ #15 that we would want,
> what makes everyone think we'll find a trade
> partner that has to have someone @ #15?
>
> Also, in lite of the seeming ease of finding
> decent RB's later in the draft, what were we
> thinking taking Ronnie B #2 overall, and who did
> we pass up that year other then Rodgers?

Braylon Edwards, for one.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 20, 2011 06:46AM

QB is #1 Priority

C is #2

If these boneheads can't find a way to solve the QB @ #1 then trade down, then down again and load up on OL (C and then G) and take 2 or 3 QB's in the middle.

Pouncy is for real. Excellent mobility and plays nasty. He's NFL ready.

Let's get him AND Gabbert.

Just do it.

And shut UP!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:54AM

If KING KONG played center and was the most dominating center ever, then sure, take him in the first round. Otherwise, centers are 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round picks, IMO.

Take a QB if available at 15, or Ingram if available. I don't buy the dime a dozen comment about great running backs.

Czonka, Cambell, Payton, Dorsett, Smith, just to name a few were all first round picks--they did okay for themselves and lasted more than a few years. Ingram could be quite the player for us.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 20, 2011 09:05AM

Nick Mangold was a #1 and a GREAT VALUE!

Any dude that can move Wilfork around on skates is priceless.

And how about the loss of Dwight Stevenson? The team was NEVER the same without him. He was a 2nd but easily worth a #1.

Just do it. And shut UP!

Get Gabbert and pounce on Pouncy.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 20, 2011 11:12AM

Um Seattle not only has the picks, but NEED a QB!!!!!!!!! We are potentialy in the spot that they need to make it work.

Thats why I see a trade down, and Im glad Seattle made it to the playoffs!!! That way they are far enough down to give us there second round pick!!!!! YEAH!!! I know it's crazy.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.