HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cam Newton is
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Cam Newton is
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 15, 2011 03:11PM

definitely coming out. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cam Newton is
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2011 04:32PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 15, 2011 04:37PM

Kolb is a system guy who's no better than Henne. He's NOT a franchise QB, and we shouldn't be trading ANYTHING for him. I say, unless we're serious about picking up Mallet or Gabbert and are willing to trade up, we should pick up Volek, keep Thigpen and Henne, and draft a QB late (maybe we hit the next Tom Brady?). If we stink next year we can go after Luck in 2012.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2011 04:45PM

Your plan sounds fair enough, montequi. I'd go with that.

I just wish it were a perfect world, because I feel this team is going to continue stinking for quite some time. Especially when the Cowboys' water boy (or someone equivalent) gets the OC job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 04:48PM by 808phan.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 15, 2011 05:27PM

Yeah, the smell might stay for a long time because this team needs help in a lot of places including coaching and ownership (hee, hee).

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:13PM

Newton is a Bum..

BUMMMM BUMMM BUMMMMM IMHO. smiling smiley

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 16, 2011 05:18AM

Oh my, I hope he doesn't read the above...

He may not feel welcome in Miami.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 06:06AM

Look another Vince Young is what I am getting with him. He won't be horrible, but will prob never win a sb.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 06:07AM

Orton's stats have actually been pretty decent. Could we swap Thigpen for Orton?

A couple of other guys worth looking at are Matt Moore & Brett Ratliff

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 06:20AM

They have a plan and have already told Ross about it. I am not sure it includes Cam Newton, but it defintely includes at least one new QB, and maybe 2 on the roster by season start IMO. I think it is one of these guys Young, Orton, Kolb, Newton, Glabbert.
The reason I say this is Ross and the business side has been publicly vocal about the performance of the Offense .
If the status quo was Sparano's plan, he would have been fired..
The only wildcard to the plan is Henne and Ross's Michigan ties, to him being extra loyal to Henne, but I doubt it.
Ross wants something this offseason that is going to give season tickets sale and fan support a boost.. The question is How are they going to do that... QB is my guess. WIll it be Cam Newton, it is defintely in the realm of possibilty.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:11AM

I say play henne next year, go 1-15 then get new coaching and get Andrew Luck. Screw 8-8 and all the other BS. It's all about the SB if your not going to the SB everything else is just BS. 1-15 next year is what I hope we go then we will have a future after we set up for a franchise QB. I have said this year after year,I was happy when we went 1-15 last time we just didn't get a franchise QB. Luck is that, and without it we will be second rate to the teams in our division. We all know this.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:46AM

Dude, with our "Luck" if we go 1-15 some other yahoo goes 0-16 and gets LUCKY.

Posted by: Columbia-Phin ()
Date: January 16, 2011 09:44AM

So many ways for the phins to Go, I say if Newton or Mallet is there, you got to take them, if not, Mark Ingram of Alabama. The difference b/t Newton and Vince Young is that Newton is not Psycho, bigger, and a better passer. Mallet just needs footwork help,otherwise, he can sling it. Finally, I say, draft Mark Ingram of Alabama, sign McNabb cut Ronnie Brown, bring Ricky back and this team is ready to compete.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 16, 2011 11:16AM

God please don't trade for Kolb. Already tried that trade for a Philly QB thing before. What's that saying about fool me once?

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 01:19PM

havent i heard on here that you cant trade players any more until after the draft or something because of the CBA?

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: January 16, 2011 02:00PM

As far as I know you can't trade players for draft picks. Not entirely sure what the deal is.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:09PM

Yes, players can't be traded until a new CBA is in place. Also even if there is a draft, the players drafted can then sue the NFL and the teams that drafted them for removal of ownership of those rights...

Why would a player do this...to make themselves an instant free agent with no ties to any team, free to sign with the higest bidder, and/or get on a better team.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:22PM

We need to acquire a QB. Orton isn't going anywhere. Kolb will stay in Philly, but Quinn could be picked up, and I submit is smarter and sharper than Chad Henne, throws more accurately and can get out of his own way when the pocket breaks down. He's also a better leader IMO.

Date: January 16, 2011 03:24PM

I'm against Kolb, Newton, Volek(lol really guys?), Young, and anyone currently on the roster being our QB next year. cool smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:29PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Newton is a Bum..
>
> BUMMMM BUMMM BUMMMMM IMHO. smiling smiley

Really he is a bum????

You must be related to him.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:43PM

I would take Newton over Volek, Kolb, Young.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 18, 2011 04:39AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I would take Newton over Volek, Kolb, Young.

I wouldn't compare. I'd like to have a veteran AND a promising rookie. If Newton is the real deal, then him AND Volek would be nice. Thigpen may be gone, so those 2 and Henne would be fine.

Posted by: Columbia-Phin ()
Date: January 18, 2011 09:50AM

On Cam Newton: No comparison to Vince Young. Newton is a much better passer, he is bigger, and faster. Newton is gonna be good. Mallets big problem is pressure, it kills him. Our QB situation is horrible, hell the more i think of it, the more I agree with an earlier poster, go 1-15 and lock up the number 1 pick for next year. QB's are hard to find. With that said, at least Cam Newton would put bodies in the empty seats at the stadium.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 18, 2011 09:56AM

colonel Wrote:
> We need to acquire a QB. Orton isn't going
> anywhere. Kolb will stay in Philly, but Quinn
> could be picked up, and I submit is smarter and
> sharper than Chad Henne, throws more accurately
> and can get out of his own way when the pocket
> breaks down. He's also a better leader IMO.

And we can get him cheap. What's to lose?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 18, 2011 10:11AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> colonel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We need to acquire a QB. Orton isn't going
> > anywhere. Kolb will stay in Philly, but Quinn
> > could be picked up, and I submit is smarter and
> > sharper than Chad Henne, throws more accurately
> > and can get out of his own way when the pocket
> > breaks down. He's also a better leader IMO.
>
> And we can get him cheap. What's to lose?

Quinn? Maybe if we're looking to replace Thigpen at #3, other than that what we have to lose is a roster spot. I'd rather gamble on a draft pick.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 18, 2011 10:21AM

Are you implying that we resign Pennington then? because i dont knwo that we will, and be careful with that replacing thigpen talk you'll get the thunder rolling.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 18, 2011 10:43AM

Do we have to bring his dad on board to the coaching staff? Pay him $125 K a year to be team chaplain or something...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.