HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Let Ronnie Brown go!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Let Ronnie Brown go!
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 12, 2011 05:21AM

In his six NFL seasons since he was drafted from Auburn in 2005, Brown has ONE, just ONE, season of over 1000 yards rushing. In 2006, he racked up 1,008 yards.

In a league where rushing is a key setup to the coveted pass, I just think Ronnie Brown has been a flop considering what was expected of him. Even more telling, is that this year is only the second year he's started and finished the season. Let him go to free agency with a handshake and a pat on the back. Do it with some class, and don't pull any crap like last year with our free agents being treated like crap.

He's 29, and he's going to want to cash in. We shouldn't pay big money for someone who doesn't produce when he's on the field, and can't get on the field on a consistent basis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let Ronnie Brown go!
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 12, 2011 05:29AM

I have no problem with letting Ronnie walk as long as they have a plan to replace both him and Ricky, if they're gonna keep one, i'd rather keep Ronnie over Ricky though.

Date: January 12, 2011 05:34AM

I don't know. Ronnie was supposed to be the feature back with Ricky playing change up. Honestly, in my eyes, when I saw Ricky run he looked more effective and quicker than Ronnie. He didn't get as many carries, but he averaged more yards per carry.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 12, 2011 05:37AM

Ricky isn't staying. After his pubic comments about the team, he basically sealed his fate. He will NOT be a Dolphin next year.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:05AM

We need to draft a RB and/or pick up another through an un-costly trade or FA. BUT Ricky has talked crap then come back before. If the price is right, I wouldn't be against it. Ronnie should need to give a big home-town discount too if he wants to stay.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:09AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:19AM

I love Ronnie but his NFL career is now a certified underachievement. The only guy that really had him on the right track was Cam, but then Ronnie blew the knee out and that was that. The subsequent Lisfranc obviously took a further toll on his explosion and power. However, I do think he was regaining some of his burst as the season progressed.

I still believe he’s an asset to the team and would be good to keep at a fair price. But his best days are 100% in the rearview mirror.

Date: January 12, 2011 06:28AM

I completely spaced about Ricky's comments. You're right. With this FO, he won't be back next year, at least in a Phins Uniform. As for Ronnie coming back, I would only endorse it if he signed for veteran minimum. I don't think he'll accept that, as he needs to rake in as much as he can due to his age and there are teams out there that will pay him.

Date: January 12, 2011 06:35AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We need to draft a RB and/or pick up another
> through an un-costly trade or FA. BUT Ricky has
> talked crap then come back before. If the price
> is right, I wouldn't be against it.

With the current tension between Ross/Ireland and Sparano, the uncertainty at OC, and the comments and actions already made by Marshall (which were minimal compared to what Ricky said), bringing back a player like Ricky after he called out the entire team like that would just be HELL for team chemistry. You know in cartoons when they mix chemicals and the whole room blows up? Expect that if we kid ourselves into thinking Ricky will stay a Dolphin. We're going to have a tough enough time avoiding a team mutiny if we, simply, start losing next year.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:47AM

Let Ronnie go .. I always felt that he leaves to many yards ungained. He does not have the best eyes. If Ricky wants back in grab him although I think its tims to move ahead from both of 'em.

Date: January 12, 2011 07:48AM

Date: January 12, 2011 07:55AM

oops...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 07:55AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: January 12, 2011 10:13AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The unknown quality here is Kory Sheets. He could
> be a very nice mix with Ronnie, giving us a
> change-up with legit outside speed.
>
True, but don't forget about Cobbs. I see Sheets in more of a KR/PR initially. Our KRs this year have been, basically, Cobbs and Nolan Carroll. Our PR is Davon Bess. I'm not a fan of using an offensive starter (or critical role player like Bess) in these roles, as it puts extra wear and tear and increases the chance of injury. Cobbs is familiar with the offense and, with the right OC, could be VERY effective. Sheets is truly an unknown at this point.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 12, 2011 10:21AM

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 12, 2011 10:38AM

If both Ronnie and Ricky leave I have a gut feeling we will target Mark Ingram in the 1st round.

I hope I'm wrong and we move up and take a QB but seriously if those 2 guys leave I'd almost put money on us drafting a RB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.