HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ross trying to coach
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ross trying to coach
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: January 10, 2011 05:33PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ross trying to coach
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 10, 2011 05:47PM

What is wrong with him (the owner) wanting the best product?

I am glad he wants an explosive offense. I want one too. I am tired of the 3 yards and a cloud of dust (which he actually mentions) style offense we have ran since Marino left.

Good job Ross. First thing I have agreed with you on. thumbs up

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 10, 2011 05:56PM

When is the last time you heard Kraft telling Belichick what he wants to see for an offense AND do it through the media? Maybe I am making too much of it, but my first impression is that he needs to keep quiet and not tell the coach who was just humiliated in front of the entire league how to do his job.

Date: January 10, 2011 06:05PM

Date: January 10, 2011 06:06PM

Why would Kraft have to tell billicheat what to do?

Bad example. thumbs down

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 06:06PM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: January 10, 2011 06:08PM

I have no problem with him telling Sparano that we wont settle for 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

---------------------

Date: January 10, 2011 06:09PM

Bad example? It's a perfect example (as much as I hate to say it). It's an example of a great team with a great owner.

Date: January 10, 2011 06:10PM

It is a great coach (who cheats) who doesnt need to be told what to do.

But, Sparano isnt a great coach, and if it was up to him would still have Dan Henning calling plays.

---------------------

Date: January 10, 2011 06:12PM

We all want a more aggressive offense. That is not the issue. The issue is Ross telling the media how he wants Sparano to run the team. It's a dumb thing for him to do right now. Very dumb.

Date: January 10, 2011 06:14PM

Well Ross is dumb, that is no secret.

But again, I have no issue with him interfering and telling Sparano that we will not keep the game close and try and win it in the 4th quarter.

This, to me, is the only smart thing he done....which is enforcing that we have an attacking offense.

Sparano wants Dan Henning's style of offense.

---------------------

Date: January 10, 2011 06:21PM

If Ross felt compelled to tell Sparano how to coach then why did he keep Sparano? And if he had to tell him how to coach couldn't he have at least done it privately?

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 10, 2011 07:41PM

You guys dont think Jerry Jones tells his coaches a thing or two??
Al Davis (before he was senile), Paul Brown, Rooney?
Ross isn't trying to coach, he's just telling his hired staff what type and form of entertainment he expects for his fans, and what will obviously make the entire team better.
Listening to you comparative mouth-breathers call a multi-billionaire Michigan grad dumb, is sadly humorous.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 10, 2011 08:00PM

Damn right let the media know that he isnt happy with HIS TEAM! Coach or not the Owner can, and will do what the f.ck he want's with his Billion dollar investment.

Tell him how it is, whats wrong with telling the choach what WE AS FAN'S BITCH ABOUT ON HERE ON A DAILY BASIS!!!

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: January 10, 2011 08:03PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 11, 2011 12:30AM

I agree with A&O, Ross is just saying what every other fan has been screaming for months now. I have no problem with him making this statement, now lets hope and pray Sparano listens.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 11, 2011 02:00AM

Meddling owner? Can you say Jerry Jones?

Date: January 11, 2011 02:10AM

Mouth breather? Thanks socal. Very nice.

This coach has lost the respect of some of his players and many of the teams fans. In a strange twist of events, he nearly loses his job but then is given a new contract to give him a vote of confidence. Then the owner, who knows less about football than most owners, goes public with his instructions for the team. It's not the instructions that are wrong. It's the fact that he did it in public.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 11, 2011 02:16AM

"It's not the instructions that are wrong. It's the fact that he did it in public."

You may have a valid point in this statement, but I think he's just trying to re-assure season ticket holders (who are about to be asked to re-up real soon here) that things will be different next year.

Date: January 11, 2011 02:50AM

I believe that is why he did it also dolphaholic; but I think he needed to let that come from Sparano. If he wants to instill confidence in the fans, they will need to believe that there is a capable coach running the show.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 11, 2011 03:29AM

I just want to win. I don't care if it's grind it out or open it up. I think the style of offense you play depends on the type of defense you're facing.

Jerry Jones kept Phillips around for longer than he should b/c the players liked him AND Phillips tolerated Jones meddling in his job. I hope we're not going down that road.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 04:02AM

He is Jerry Jones 2 lol

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 11, 2011 04:15AM

One thing to keep in mind, and I’m not in the mood to defend Ross, but he owns the “product” and the “brand.” And if he wants a high-flying trapeze monkey act that’s his prerogative.

Ross wants an exciting product on the field for the fan$. And lets be real, the Dolphins were absolutely numbingly BORING all year. The problem with this, IMO, is the simple fact that Sparano is a different kind of animal act trainer. He likes BIG slow elephants, plow horses and assorted donkeys. I can’t quiet see Sparano decked out in tights with a wand directing that high-flying trapeze monkey act. But it could be interesting to watch…

Date: January 11, 2011 04:20AM

Date: January 11, 2011 04:31AM

We would also need the personnel to field such a team. We would need an o-line that can hold their blocks long enough for guys to get open; and we would need to be able to send more than 2 or 3 receivers running routes without our QB getting sacked immediately.

Date: January 11, 2011 04:35AM

Hello. The first monkey piece we need is a legit QB.

No more sloth.

I want a top shelf primate.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 04:42AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new team mantra will be:
>
> Feed The Monkey

lol lol lol

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 11, 2011 06:26AM

Northeast Fin Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When is the last time you heard Kraft telling
> Belichick what he wants to see for an offense AND
> do it through the media? Maybe I am making too
> much of it, but my first impression is that he
> needs to keep quiet and not tell the coach who was
> just humiliated in front of the entire league how
> to do his job.

Well how long did the PATS wallow in mediocrity before finding Bellicheat? Kraft looked like an idiot most of that time.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: January 11, 2011 06:33AM

Lets remember who brought Sparano in and with whom was he attached. Parcell's gave Sparano his shot, then handcuffed him to Henning. And with Henning having years of senority, there wasn't much Sparano could do, even if he wanted to change things. I did not want to bring Sparano back because of the conservative offense. But maybe he couldn't do much, with Parcel's looming over, and not wanting to disrespect Henning.

I give him one year to prove he can be a good HC and I bet that is what Ross really is doing as well.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 11, 2011 06:37AM

This offense was built to be a BIG SLOW ELEPHANT. That's not just Henning's style, it's Sparano's as well. And for Ross to give him a two year extension, then turn around and tell him to be a lion is asking too much, IMO.

We'll need two years of drafting Offensive players for this to happen and by then, Sparano will be gone.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 11, 2011 07:17AM

I don't think the personnel will have to change as much as some others think.

We will need speed at the following positions; WR, RB, TE. So that means at least three additions.

Then we will need a RT and a OG...so two more.

So, we need at least five players on offense.

Then we need a MLB and a DE on defense for a total of seven players.

All of these players must be upgrades to what we have currently and they must be starters for game one. Five of the seven must be fast and all must be athletic.

It's not undoable. It will however be difficult and we will have little to no margin for error.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.