HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Now this is more like it!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Now this is more like it!
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: January 09, 2011 10:42AM

(The problem here for a decade has been the quarterback position, not the coach position. Sparano and his people wrecked Chad Henne last season. Wrecked him. They had him playing scared, which is no way to do any job, especially not that one. Harbaugh is credited with helping Rich Gannon go from journeyman to MVP and helped develop Andrew Luck, who wasn't heavily recruited. If you think he has the ability to make quarterbacks, you try to hire him because Sparano hasn't shown that ability.)- Dan LeBetard

How Sparano still has his job?....is beyond me...

Henne went from promising young QB last season, to sad little scared QB this season.

With QB position so important, the only way the Dolphins would have any chance would to be to have a Brady or Manning, who would simply ignore our bumbling idiot of a head coach...Mr. Sparano.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now this is more like it!
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 10, 2011 05:06AM

WRONG!!!
Henne has sucked all the way back to his days at Michigan.
Sparano is a coach, not a miracle worker.
Now, if you want to blame Ireland for drafting Henne in the first place I can understand that.
Being a scared little beotch is just the way Henne plays.
It's all about heart and guts. You can't teach that.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 10, 2011 06:11AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 10, 2011 06:19AM

"Alongside freshman running back Mike Hart, he galvanized an explosive offensive unit that featured receivers Braylon Edwards, Jason Avant, and Steve Breaston. (All five would later go on to the NFL.) "

This shows that Henne had a good team around him. So, was it all Henne, or should we give credit to the entire team for a lot of those stats? I believe the coaching, O-Line, running game, and receivers played a good part in Henne's college success. Here the coaching has stunk, the O-Line is patchwork, the running backs are aging, and the receivers are one of the slowest units in the NFL. So, can Henne succeed HERE if we fix those things? Possibly! Could a better QB succeed with less? CERTAINLY!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 06:20AM by montequi.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 10, 2011 06:59AM

Further debate on Henne is really silly at this point IMO.

He is what he is. And he's clearly shown significant issues in the NFL with:

Accuracy
Touch
Ball Placement
Field Awareness
Pocket Awareness
Pocket Mobility
Leadership
Improvisation
Gamesmanship
Football IQ
Clutch Play
Et Cetera

His regression and collapse this year not only ruined the season, it wound up poisoning the team and contributed greatly to the fiasco we all witnessed this past week (the surest way to implode in the NFL is to have dysfunctional QB play. The fact we had no legit QB alternative on the roster is another indictment of regime incompetency).

Beyond that, the consensus league-wide is that Henne is NOT the answer at QB. Of course everyone might be wrong – but the evidence on the field says otherwise.

It’s natural for the fans to want to cling to “hopes” and make excuses for ALL the problems Henne has shown. But sooner of later you’ve just got to be realistic about what a player can actually do, or not do, in the real world. At this point Henne has so many basic problems with his “game” it will indeed be a miracle if he turns out to be a decent NFL QB, let alone a franchise caliber player.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 10, 2011 07:40AM

Leadership and accountability. He has neither. Those things alone are reason enough for me to bounce him out of South Florida.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 10, 2011 08:06AM

g-fish:

Wikipedia isn't copyrighted material (I don't think) but still, let's refrain from copy-and-pasting large blocks of text, just to keep our policy consistent. mmkaY?
JC

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 10, 2011 08:09AM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 10, 2011 08:22AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> g-fish:
>
> Wikipedia isn't copyrighted material (I don't
> think) but still, let's refrain from
> copy-and-pasting large blocks of text, just to
> keep our policy consistent. mmkaY?
> JC

thats why i posted the link, the stuff i pasted was to shortcut everyone from finding it themselves.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 10, 2011 09:01AM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > g-fish:
> >
> > Wikipedia isn't copyrighted material (I don't
> > think) but still, let's refrain from
> > copy-and-pasting large blocks of text, just to
> > keep our policy consistent. mmkaY?
> > JC
>
>
> thats why i posted the link, the stuff i pasted
> was to shortcut everyone from finding it
> themselves.

The notion that pasting seven paragraphs of text is a "shortcut" or short-anything is debatable. But instead of debating, let's just not do it anymore. Couple of lines and a link, please. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.